Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    So you do think he was talking about violence.
    No, I don't -- I was simply pointing out the FACTS --- and I have very CLEARLY said....

I really don't think he was signalling anybody to go out to protests (that was part of his schpiel) and literally beat people.
    All I was pointing out was that he was saying some really dumb stuff, and people were leaving out one of the components to make it look like he was ONLY talking about polling.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Was I reading more into "back off" than you intended?
    Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I was pointing out that he ALSO said "at protests" -- that's WAY different than "at the polls", because things can get rather violent at the protests.
    So you do think he was talking about violence.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Taking things personally?
    Was I reading more into "back off" than you intended?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    1.) I was replying to your reply to me, which came before the one you wrote to Zym. I didn't see that one before I replied. 2.) What was your point in reply to JimL in post #6 if it wasn't that "beat" meant physical violence? If you mean "beat" as in "beat at the polls" then you should have been mostly agreeing JimL (except for the white thing of course), shouldn't you have? 3.)
    I was pointing out that he ALSO said "at protests" -- that's WAY different than "at the polls", because things can get rather violent at the protests.

Why do you take things so personally when I have a disagreement with you in a thread? I'm not attempting to harangue you, or brow beat you. What about a comment like "I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is," should be answered with "How bout backing off just a bit?" You're coming off a bit offended, and like the thread from yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your tone.
    Taking things personally?

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I agree. He wasn't talking about physical violence -- but he was being racist against whites.
    That I can agree with.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    And he has a ridiculous hairdo. Does that make me racist?
    No, I think that's something I can also agree with.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't see any reason not to take him at his word, because there was one incident a little later where he publicly said that he wanted to do it when one of his supporters sucker punched someone), but ended up not following through (probably one of his aides talked him out of it... and because he repeated the statement at least twice, using the word "promise".
    He's a jackass - he says really stupid stuff - which is why there's so much focus on "sending the wrong message". I wish to God he'd just shut up, but we know that's not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    How bout backing off just a bit and showing some charity yourself?
    1.) I was replying to your reply to me, which came before the one you wrote to Zym. I didn't see that one before I replied. 2.) What was your point in reply to JimL in post #6 if it wasn't that "beat" meant physical violence? If you mean "beat" as in "beat at the polls" then you should have been mostly agreeing JimL (except for the white thing of course), shouldn't you have? 3.) Why do you take things so personally when I have a disagreement with you in a thread? I'm not attempting to harangue you, or brow beat you. What about a comment like "I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is," should be answered with "How bout backing off just a bit?" You're coming off a bit offended, and like the thread from yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your tone.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Sure, so do you think he was actually serious, that he actually WOULD pay the expenses of anybody who committed the violence? Or do you think he was just being an ass?
    I don't see any reason not to take him at his word, because there was one incident a little later where he publicly said that he wanted to do it when one of his supporters sucker punched someone), but ended up not following through (probably one of his aides talked him out of it... and because he repeated the statement at least twice, using the word "promise".

If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise,
    "Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it.
    Also, his instructions to police when arresting gang suspects:

"When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just seen them thrown in, rough. I said, 'Please don’t be too nice,' When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head you know, the way you put their hand over [their head]," Trump continued, mimicking the motion. "Like, 'Don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody, don’t hit their head.' I said, 'You can take the hand away, OK?'
    Sorry, the claim that Trump has never called for violence is false.
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 08-14-2019, 11:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I watched the video. I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is. He wasn't referring to physically beating people.
    I agree. He wasn't talking about physical violence -- but he was being racist against whites.

And he has a ridiculous hairdo. Does that make me racist?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I was responding to the specific claim that he had never promoted/condoned violence.
    Sure, so do you think he was actually serious, that he actually WOULD pay the expenses of anybody who committed the violence? Or do you think he was just being an ass?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    That was bird-brained stupid and I condemned it at the time.
    I was responding to the specific claim that he had never promoted/condoned violence.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You don't remember as a candidate when he promised to pay bail for supporters who roughed up protestors?
    That was bird-brained stupid and I condemned it at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I watched the video. I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is. He wasn't referring to physically beating people.
    How bout backing off just a bit and showing some charity yourself?

I really don't think he was signalling anybody to go out to protests (that was part of his schpiel) and literally beat people.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    The host 'deleted' his reference to protests. That was part of his rant.

He was on an angry rant - that often results in dumb mistakes.

Sure, but with all this hysteria about "sending messages", and people doing mass killings because of things Trump says, this guy needs to reign in his anger a bit.

Edit: To clarify, Trump can really be a total ass and I'm not defending him in any way, shape or form.

Leave a comment: