Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    American Revolution.
    We were under a monarchy then.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I never have nor will I ever encourage physical violence as a legitimate part of democracy.
    American Revolution.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?
    Yes. I've seen him SEVERAL times on MSNBC. He simply hates whites and every word out of his mouth is directed at how racist whites are.

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP?
    No. It was a bit of more information on his utter hatred of whites. And, as I've repeated in this thread, it CAN be mistaken for a call to violence, and when coupled with his prior anti-white racism, is a dog whistle.

If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,
    "There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops — when the armed forces of the state — can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. I’m living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."
    Never intended it to be about his call to violence. Just noting the possibility that someone unstable CAN take it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    I never have nor will I ever encourage physical violence as a legitimate part of democracy.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    His remarks often are -- but we don't get a vote... unless... we self-identify as black.
    I had chitlins for breakfast before we did our "donuts and blessings" at local schools.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Isn't that a bit racist?
    His remarks often are -- but we don't get a vote... unless... we self-identify as black.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Sorry, as Mystal has proclaimed: "Whites don't get a vote" on what's racist.
    Isn't that a bit racist?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Because he's a racist.
    Sorry, as Mystal has proclaimed: "Whites don't get a vote" on what's racist.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Then you don't know his history.
    Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP? If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,
    "There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops — when the armed forces of the state — can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. I’m living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Unless they're wearing MAGA hats, of course.
    Well, they're "asking for it."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    What else would you expect from someone who is an editor for a group that calls itself "Above the Law"?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    What am I missing there? The only reference I could find to violent action was in the negative:

But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I watched the video. I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is. He wasn't referring to physically beating people.
    Then you don't know his history. ### Edit to add*** There's some profanity in the article.

https://abovethelaw.com/2016/12/here...ustice-system/
    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 08-14-2019, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I was responding to the specific claim that he had never promoted/condoned violence.
    I should have been more specific. I mean unprovoked violence like shooting people. This is not a call to unprovoked violence:

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them"

Leave a comment: