Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
    What was your source
    Asked and answered.

and why are you sharing it with us?
    Why are you asking?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You really seem confused.
      First you asked...
      What was your source?
      to which I answered...
      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Click the big blue hyperlink at the very top of the post.
      THEN you ask
      What was your source and why are you sharing it with us?
      Which I had already answered...

THEN you edit your previous to... (bolding mine)
      What was your source and why are you not sharing it with us?
      Source was provided - the hyperlink at the top of the page --- you seem to be using your lack of ability to discern a hyperlink as motive on my part to hide something.

You OK, Bro?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I remember that! That's the one where Hansen was off the mark by a whopping 25% percent, but the climate charlatans said, "Yes, but if he had taken X, Y, and Z into account then his prediction would have been spot on! Isn't that amazing?"

Money quote from the article: "Changes in the human effects that influence Earth’s global energy imbalance (a.k.a. ‘anthropogenic radiative forcings’) have in reality been closest to Hansen’s Scenario B, but about 20–30% weaker... Hansen’s climate model projected that under Scenario B, global surface air temperatures would warm about 0.84°C between 1988 and 2017. But with a global energy imbalance 20–30% lower, it would have predicted a global surface warming closer to 0.6–0.7°C by this year."

That's right, if Hansen had made the correct prediction then his prediction would have been correct!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          The people writing the article and those sucked into its anti-science idiocy are simply ignorant.

The 18 month caution has to do with stopping a trend and avoiding a certain long term goal of keeping the temperature growth this century < 1.5 degrees C.

think of steering a supertanker. The last chance to make a certain turn is miles away because of its mass. And just like the supertanker, if one doesn't begin a turn early enough, it will be off course. In the climate arena, if we don't act soon, there simply will be too much CO2 in the atmosphere to keep growth below that goal. And the reality is, there probably is no way to stop it anyway because of political realities like the anti-science nutcases running the government in the US, and China and 3rd world countries whose local myopic economic concerns outweigh any global climate concerns.

No - I'm not really back - but I'm stupid enough to look-in on things from time to time and since none of the regulars have spoken up about the idiocy represented here, I figured I'd at least start the charge.

Carry on.

Jim
          Except that the supertanker has supposedly reached the point of no return <scrolls up to count> nine times. So, if we believe what we've been told, there's no longer a point to trying to avoid global climate whatsis - we're already doomed.

That's the problem - so much of this is based on modelling, which is very like survey research in how danged finicky it can be. Trying your best can still result in totally nonsensical results, even when you're good at it. My understanding is that the Russian modelling has been the closest thus far to actual events - and it's the one that doesn't think the world is ending.

A good model, in my methodological studies, is the one that is accurate (not precise, just accurate) but the predictions we're given are all over the place. Then someone tells me I'm stupid for questioning why the emperor's wearing his birthday suit - if the folks that believe this is real want policy change, they're gonna have to give us something better to work with.
          Last edited by Teallaura; 07-29-2019, 08:27 PM.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

What was your source and why are you not sharing it with us?
            Hyperlink, Jim - the source is linked. The big blue title thingie - you can do it!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Before too long, we will discover that our chance to avoid extinction has passed. Rest assured that we won’t be missed.
              Um, according to the article, it's passed nine times so far.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Hyperlink, Jim - the source is linked. The big blue title thingie - you can do it!
                Shhhhh.... I intended it as secret code only for those in the know - you know, one of them thar bird whistle things. That's why I hid it in PAIN SIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  Before too long, we will discover that our chance to avoid extinction has passed. Rest assured that we won’t be missed.
                  demi nominates firstfloor, please to go China ask them stop CO2 emissions.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Shhhhh.... I intended it as secret code only for those in the know - you know, one of them thar bird whistle things. That's why I hid it in PAIN SIGHT!
                    Please to be understanding, looks like not only one DS can happen to one person!!

Even in the most recent editorial on this site regarding global warming hysteria, a few reader comments, which proved the point of that particular piece, indicate that the madness might be untreatable.
                    μωραίνει Κύριος ον βούλεται απολέσαι
                    Last edited by demi-conservative; 07-29-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

CO2 lags temperature :shh:

Comment

Except that the supertanker has supposedly reached the point of no return <scrolls up to count> nine times. So, if we believe what we've been told, there's no longer a point to trying to avoid global climate whatsis - we're already doomed.

That's the problem - so much of this is based on modelling, which is very like survey research in how danged finicky it can be.
                        Please to understand, they fixed model many times, fixed till very very good, so know sky will be falling this time!!

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aad.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So is the world ending in 18 months or 12 years? I need to make plans.

Comment

Um, according to the article, it's passed nine times so far.
                              Then the article is wrong.

However, the closer we get to the point of no return, the harder it is to make the needed corrections. And the precipice is not signposted. Altogether, it seems almost impossible to avoid the worst possible outcome.
                              Last edited by firstfloor; 07-30-2019, 08:11 AM.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                Then the article is wrong.
                                I'm sure they have it right this time!

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment