Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal leader Justin Trudeau says only Pro-Choice welcome in the Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberal leader Justin Trudeau says only Pro-Choice welcome in the Party

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says all candidates running for nomination to represent the Liberal Party in 2015 will have to support the party's pro-choice position, but that the same rule does not apply to sitting MPs.

"I have made it clear that future candidates need to be completely understanding that they will be expected to vote pro-choice on any bills," Trudeau said Wednesday following his party's weekly caucus meeting in Ottawa.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/anti...says-1.2634877

So Justin will not let people with different views on abortion in his party. So much for classical liberal values of tolerance.

To be fair, if I was starting a political party, I would be pretty upfront about not wanting pro-choice candidates running under the banner. Maybe that makes me intolerant.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

He is going to lose some people, I hope.

Many Libs, even if they are stupid enough to have elected The Shiny Pony as their leader, are anti-abortion.

And, so much for doing what your constituents want instead of what the leader tells you to do.

I really hate this country sometimes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Why did they make this loser party leader in the first place? Does he have anything to his name, other than his actual name?
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Why did they make this loser party leader in the first place? Does he have anything to his name, other than his actual name?
          As I said, they are stupid.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            To be fair, if I was starting a political party, I would be pretty upfront about not wanting pro-choice candidates running under the banner. Maybe that makes me intolerant.
            But do you consider tolerance one of your defining qualities?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

It's just baffling how Justin has now closed off his party to any vote on abortion. Abortion has been in legal limbo since the supreme court struck down the abortion provision in the criminal code. Right now Canada has no abortion law
              A lot of Canadians want some form of restrictions on abortion. Are the Liberals going to vote to keeps the status quo on all legislation. Are they going to vote no on late term restrictions or banning sex selection abortion.
              I guess we will see who in the liberal party will stick to their conviction.
              Last edited by claymore; 05-09-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I really hate this country sometimes.
                I wouldn't say I have ever hated my country, but there have been times I've been pretty durn disappointed in her leadership.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I wouldn't say I have ever hated my country, but there have been times I've been pretty durn disappointed in her leadership.
                  I know what you are saying. But the leadership and the people who elect them are what make up the country. And I don't really hate the people and the leadership, but I do hate the results of their sinful ways.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    I know what you are saying. But the leadership and the people who elect them are what make up the country. And I don't really hate the people and the leadership, but I do hate the results of their sinful ways.
                    Yeah!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      But do you consider tolerance one of your defining qualities?
                      Yes, but I don't think that has to extend to tolerating evil.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Yes, but I don't think that has to extend to tolerating evil.
                        Ok, nevermind then.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment