Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another One Bites The Dust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    Decent people tend to not want to associate with bad people.
    Yeah, I would not want to associate with those liberal haters.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Oh right, you probably only meant views that you and your ilk consider wrong and harmful.
      So true. A perfect example of liberal tolerance.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I want people to disagree with me. I don't want people to hate homosexuals.
        Oh yes, anyone who opposes gay marriage hates homosexuals. That applies even to homosexuals who oppose gay marriage I suppose.

Comment

. . . I don't think that's acceptable.
          You don't think it is acceptable so tolerance goes out the window. Typical for you and your ilk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Oh yes, anyone who opposes gay marriage hates homosexuals. That applies even to homosexuals who oppose gay marriage I suppose.
            LOL, I have an old friend Ronny who is gay - he is completely opposed to gay marriage - he thinks it is more than foolish.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Plenty of people don't. What's the difference?
              The First Amendment. Liberals are incredibly inconsistent here.

I don't hate you. I want you and your ilk to change your minds.
              Then you might try not being such an ill tempered tyrant.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Thanks for proving again that your 'tolerance' only extends as far as to those who agree with you.
                EGGzackly. It appears that gross inconsistency is a requirement to be a liberal of PM's ilk.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  You're welcome
                  Thank you...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So a wrong and harmful view, which warrants firing, would be a view that is "factually incorrect or fighting against current scientific knowledge and having no value and hurting others."
                    So you're the enforcer for the thought police?

Comment

Benham Brothers release a statement:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/08/showbi...brothers-hgtv/

"The first and last thought on our minds as we begin and end each day is: have we shined Christ's light today? Our faith is the fundamental calling in our lives, and the centerpiece of who we are. As Christians we are called to love our fellow man. Anyone who suggests that we hate homosexuals or people of other faiths is either misinformed or lying.

"Over the last decade, we've sold thousands of homes with the guiding principle of producing value and breathing life into each family that has crossed our path, and we do not, nor will we ever discriminate against people who do not share our views.

"We were saddened to hear HGTV's decision. With all of the grotesque things that can be seen and heard on television today you would think there would be room for two twin brothers who are faithful to our families, committed to biblical principles, and dedicated professionals. If our faith costs us a television show then so be it."
                      Actually, no, there isn't room for people of faith.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Benham Brothers release a statement:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/08/showbi...brothers-hgtv/

Actually, no, there isn't room for people of faith.
                        I don't think that's true. After all, look at how popular Duck Dynasty was until Phil Robertson made those remarks. There certainly is room for people of faith; the problem is that far too often, "faith" is associated with the holding and espousing of ignorant and offensive views.

That said, I do think there could be some more consistency across television networks in this regard. I don't feel comfortable knowing that someone like Jenny McCarthy, who holds and teaches beliefs that could legitimately be harmful, is allowed to host popular TV shows.
                        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                          I don't think that's true. After all, look at how popular Duck Dynasty was until Phil Robertson made those remarks. There certainly is room for people of faith; the problem is that far too often, "faith" is associated with the holding and espousing of ignorant and offensive views.
                          Is that the standard? "Ignorant and offensive views"? Why is it I don't ever remember liberals preaching "Tolerance IF...." back when they were struggling for recognition?

Comment

How should I know? I don't speak for liberals.
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Thanks for proving again that your 'tolerance' only extends as far as to those who agree with you.
                              My tolerance only extends as far as to those who don't actively harm others with their wrong opinions.

Probably.

You don't think it is acceptable so tolerance goes out the window. Typical for you and your ilk.
                              Arbitrarily making certain people an out group that should be fought against is bad.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              The First Amendment. Liberals are incredibly inconsistent here.
                              What does the First Amendment have to do with anything?

Then you might try not being such an ill tempered tyrant.
                              How am I being a tyrant?

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              So you're the enforcer for the thought police?
                              I don't see how.

Comment

What does the First Amendment have to do with anything?
                                Yeah, I kinda figured that'd be your attitude.

Comment