Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another One Bites The Dust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    Because it has value. Remember this exchange:

How would you define a "wrong and harmful view"?

Wrong meaning factually incorrect or fighting against current scientific knowledge.

Harmful meaning having no value and hurting others.

So a wrong and harmful view, which warrants firing, would be a view that is "factually incorrect or fighting against current scientific knowledge and having no value and hurting others."
    Who decides that? What if they decided that anyone who attends Church should be fired, even if they aren't disruptive to the organization? That they should be fired for their beliefs, even if they aren't actually hurting anyone, but some bozos with those beliefs are jerks. So all that hold those beliefs must be jerks because of the few that are...
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Who decides that? What if they decided that anyone who attends Church should be fired, even if they aren't disruptive to the organization? That they should be fired for their beliefs, even if they aren't actually hurting anyone, but some bozos with those beliefs are jerks. So all that hold those beliefs must be jerks because of the few that are...
      You and I. Mostly me though. I don't think Christianity has no value and it doesn't have to hurt others. Plenty of Christians see no problem with homosexuality.

Comment

You and I. Mostly me though. I don't think Christianity has no value and it doesn't have to hurt others. Plenty of Christians see no problem with homosexuality.
        Good. Just that there are people out there that might think that...

Comment

I want people to disagree with me. I don't want people to hate homosexuals.
          Ah, so I kept this atheist lesbian liberal Jew on board because I "hated" her? I disagreed with her lifestyle, I valued her as a person. And she FULLY understood that.

You have to play this game that, because we disagree with somebody's choices, that we necessarily "hate" them.

On the other hand, somebody who DOES disagree with the lifestyle choices of homosexuals would, in your world, be totally unacceptable. You don't see a double standard?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm confused. Did PM think I did or didn't see a problem with homosexuality? I compared it to other sexual sins, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Ah, so I kept this atheist lesbian liberal on board because I "hated" her? I disagreed with her lifestyle, I valued her as a person. And she FULLY understood that.

You have to play this game that, because we disagree with somebody's choices, that we necessarily "hate" them.

On the other hand, somebody who DOES disagree with the lifestyle choices of homosexuals would, in your world, be totally unacceptable. You don't see a double standard?
              “Homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation” seems pretty hateful. Why would someone disagree with the lifestyle choices of homosexuals? It looks like an arbitrary in group and out group designation to me, and I don't think that's acceptable.

Comment

“Homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation” seems pretty hateful.
                Only to somebody who wants to blow it out of proportion and assign that "sound bite" to all who oppose homosexuality on any level.

Why would someone disagree with the lifestyle choices of homosexuals?
                I believe it's unbiblical.

It looks like an arbitrary in group and out group designation to me, and I don't think that's acceptable.
                And YOU are the judge?

That's a huge difference between us. I allow you to disagree without hating you -- you want to stamp me and my ilk out.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Only to somebody who wants to blow it out of proportion and assign that "sound bite" to all who oppose homosexuality on any level.

And YOU are the judge?

That's a huge difference between us. I allow you to disagree without hating you -- you want to stamp me and my ilk out.
                  Why, you sound downright...tolerant.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Why, you sound downright...tolerant.
                    Yeah, moreso than the hypocritical liberals who preach tolerance.

Comment

“Homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation” seems pretty hateful. Why would someone disagree with the lifestyle choices of homosexuals? It looks like an arbitrary in group and out group designation to me, and I don't think that's acceptable.
                      You seemed ok with me disagreeing... I also think it's best to wait until marriage and only have one sex partner. Though if the spouse dies, one can remarry. Would sure reduce STI incidences.

Comment

So what I'm getting from this, apparently, is that it's ok (right, even) to institute discriminatory practices that harm people, as long as these people were perceived to be doing some harm first. Is that accurate?
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'm applying it to the people who said it in the OP.

Plenty of people don't. What's the difference?

And YOU are the judge?

I don't hate you. I want you and your ilk to change your minds.

Comment

Everyone wants everyone who doesn't agree with them to change their minds. That's why arguments and debates exist.

Comment

Plus, define "anti-gay activist". What exactly were the twins doing or believing? Did they just believe homosexuality was morally wrong? Or did they think that LGBT people should not be treated as human beings and be killed? Or somewhere in between?

Comment

Thanks for proving again that your 'tolerance' only extends as far as to those who agree with you.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment