Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another One Bites The Dust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One Bites The Dust!

I have to ask the liberals on this board - doesn't all this intolerance, 90% of which is coming from you side, bother you? Or are you secretly glad to see these religious, right wingers get their comeuppance?

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/hgtv...s/#more-725868

HGTV Pulls New Home-Flipping Series After Report Emerges Identifying Its Stars As Anti-Gay Activists

After the group Right Wing Watch reported the twins who star in HGTV’s recently greenlit reality series Flip It Forward are anti-gay activists, the network said this morning it had given the hook to the series, which was set to debut in October. Yesterday, HGTV said it was “currently in the process of reviewing all information about the Benhams and we will provide an update as soon as possible.” Then came a tweet today: HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers' series.
    Last edited by seer; 05-08-2014, 08:34 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Come on, Seer, the guy PRAYED!!!!! OFF with his head!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's becoming easier and easier for these networks to defend these decisions as simply what the free market wants, and unfortunately, they're probably right in many cases. But we shouldn't be surprised that our society is at this point; Jesus said the world would hate us.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        It's becoming easier and easier for these networks to defend these decisions as simply what the free market wants, and unfortunately, they're probably right in many cases. But we shouldn't be surprised that our society is at this point; Jesus said the world would hate us.
        Yup.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Exactly, but it is becoming a completely different country from when I grew up - where faith in God was looked at as a positive thing.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Exactly, but it is becoming a completely different country from when I grew up - where faith in God was looked at as a positive thing.
            Bible thumper!

I remember talks, when I was growing up, about the destruction of civilizations when they accepted homosexuality as "normal". I never IMAGINED, however, that I 'd live in a society where it was considered SACRED.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Bible thumper!

I remember talks, when I was growing up, about the destruction of civilizations when they accepted homosexuality as "normal". I never IMAGINED, however, that I 'd live in a society where it was considered SACRED.
              Yes, up is down and down is up.

Comment

Tolerance by definition only applies to those whose beliefs completely align with your own.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                  Tolerance by definition only applies to those whose beliefs completely align with your own.
                  That's it ! I have been defining tolerance wrongly all these years!

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                    This is certainly true of the looney left, as we can see clearly on college campii*.

*just had to do that

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      This is certainly true of the looney left, as we can see clearly on college campii*.

*just had to do that
                      Was this redundancy intended for emphasis, or what?
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I don't see any problem with intolerance towards wrong and harmful views. If people see these firings as an injustice, then maybe employee protection can become bipartisan.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          Was this redundancy intended for emphasis, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                            I don't see any problem with intolerance towards wrong and harmful views. If people see these firings as an injustice, then maybe employee protection can become bipartisan.
                            How would you define a "wrong and harmful view"?
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              I don't see any problem with intolerance towards wrong and harmful views.
                              Ah, so all you have to do is declare a view "wrong and harmful", then you're free to destroy their lives and careers.

If people see these firings as an injustice, then maybe employee protection can become bipartisan.
                              Yeah, instead of tolerating the fact that my executive assistant was a liberal atheist lesbian Jew, I should have just fired her because her anti-Christmas views were harmful to our company's annual Christmas Party.

Comment