Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jack Phillips Sued AGAIN by Trans Activist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Phillips Sued AGAIN by Trans Activist

They just won't leave the man alone. Whom is persecuting whom?

Masterpiece Cakeshop’s Jack Phillips Sued AGAIN by Trans Activist

Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips, who first gained notoriety in 2012, when he refused to bake a custom wedding cake for a same-sex couple, is now facing a third lawsuit alleging discrimination after he refused to bake an unspecified cake for the same person who sued the Denver baker in August of last year.

Autumn Scardina, a transgender attorney, previously filed a lawsuit against Phillips when he declined to design a cake celebrating her gender transition. Last Thursday, he refused to fill an order from Scardina for a birthday cake, according to KCNC-TV.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019...trans-activist
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

This one might be going against the pale a bit. Not that I'm saying he shouldn't be entitled to work for whom he chooses, but a birthday cake isn't endorsing anything beyond that a person's birth is something worth celebrating.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      This one might be going against the pale a bit. Not that I'm saying he shouldn't be entitled to work for whom he chooses, but a birthday cake isn't endorsing anything beyond that a person's birth is something worth celebrating.
      This is about harassment and nothing else...

The cake in question now is a pink cake with blue frosting, a design Scardina told the cakeshop "had personal significance for her because it reflects her status as a transgender female."

Phillips believes Scardina has long targeted his shop with requests she knows violate his religious beliefs in order to harass him. She even once requested a cake to celebrate Satan that featured "a large figure of Satan, licking a 9" black Dildo."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/master...nation-lawsuit
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

The term "vexatious litigant" comes to mind.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

It would come to mind if I knew what it meant...

Comment

Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of merit-less motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of merit-less motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action.
              In other words right out of the leftist play book!

Comment

He shouldn't have to make a cake or sell anything to someone who has a history of harassing him. It has nothing to do with their sex or orientation, but about not wanting to serve someone who has a history of being a *&#^&*.

Comment

I was thinking that exact same thing.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    He shouldn't have to make a cake or sell anything to someone who has a history of harassing him. It has nothing to do with their sex or orientation, but about not wanting to serve someone who has a history of being a *&#^&*.
                    He outta file a restraining order keeping that moron out of his place of business.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      They just won't leave the man alone. Whom is persecuting whom?
                      Yep - I saw this. Very sad. He has a right not to produce messages he disagrees with. It's just tyranny.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Third time same person? I think that should eliminate in argument that this was nothing but an attempt to force their lifestyle on someone else by making them participate in it and has nothing whatsoever to do with gay rights or the like.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Yep - I saw this. Very sad. He has a right not to produce messages he disagrees with. It's just tyranny.

Jim
                          On that - the Irish courts established recently that things like this are as much a freedom of speech issue as they are a religious issue. The attempt to prosecute failed - but who takes any notice of what happens in Ireland?
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So, how does the Soup Nazi get away with it?

104531669-soupnazi-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              So, how does the Soup Nazi get away with it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37638[/ATTACH]
                              He doesn't permanently ban them. He lets them come back in one year.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment