Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Argument against "Kill the fetus": Libertarian Walter Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It is the premeditated taking of an innocent life.

And you OPPOSE calling it murder because.... why?

That's just goofy. It's why you goofy liberals call stuff like the Fort Hood killings "workplace violence". Goodness, calling it TERRORISM is 'very loaded language'.

I do it to point out the hypocrisy of people like you who think that, by calling it some other name, somehow it's not the premeditated taking of an innocent life.

How bout we do away with the "very loaded language" of rape and call it "the spontaneous sexual encounter of parties in an unexpected manner".
    Let's just call it "Arrested Consent" on the part of the woman.

Comment

Don't worry CP, I think it's murder also. I was just pointing out that a killing does take place. But someone might now claim that manslaughter only applies to adult men, it isn't womanslaughter, boyslaughter, or girlslaughter. And the what's in the womb isn't alive. The mess of cells just magically turns into a baby after going through the birth canal!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Let's just call it "Arrested Consent" on the part of the woman.
        Yeah, when the liberals try to justify something bad, they rush to call it by some other "less offensive" name. Next, they'll come up with some idiotic plot to take over the healthcare industry and call it something like "Affordable Care".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, when the liberals try to justify something bad, they rush to call it by some other "less offensive" name. Next, they'll come up with some idiotic plot to take over the healthcare industry and call it something like "Affordable Care".
          Aldus Huxley and George Orwell would be proud.
          Last edited by Sparko; 05-08-2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            The mess of cells just magically turns into a baby after going through the birth canal!
            I think modern technology is really biting the butts of the liberals in this area. WHY is support for abortion softening in our country? Part of it has to do with, IMOHBAO, the fact that the younger generations are growing up having seen the PICTURES of babies in the womb... pictures of THEMSELVES as babies in the womb... from sonogram photos hanging on their refrigerators. And VIDEOS of babies in the womb that are very **GASP** HUMAN looking!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think modern technology is really biting the butts of the liberals in this area. WHY is support for abortion softening in our country? Part of it has to do with, IMOHBAO, the fact that the younger generations are growing up having seen the PICTURES of babies in the womb... pictures of THEMSELVES as babies in the womb... from sonogram photos hanging on their refrigerators. And VIDEOS of babies in the womb that are very **GASP** HUMAN looking!
              One wonders why pro-choicers seem to be so opposed to ultrasounds (as though an ultrasound were in some way harmful).
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                One wonders why pro-choicers seem to be so opposed to ultrasounds (as though an ultrasound were in some way harmful).
                Yeah, that really hit me when I was visiting in the home of one of my Church Members, and I saw a sonogram of a baby in the womb on the refrigerator. The young adult woman beamed with pride and said, "That's ME!" It's MUCH easier to murder "something" than a potential "me".

Comment

I think I was making a sarcastic , unless... are there still people that think that???

Comment

Yeah, how could anyone think late-term abortions are okay? Just take the kid out and give them to someone that wants to raise the kid in a loving family.

Comment