Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Argument against "Kill the fetus": Libertarian Walter Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Maybe FF's father wasn't the best?
    Oh, let's not kill FF. Too extreme. Just ban him, maybe.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      Oh, let's not kill FF. Too extreme. Just ban him, maybe.
      Why would we kill FF? Don't think he brutally tortured, raped, murdered, and ate young children. Right?
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        What would you say if you were raped and pregnant?
        How pregnant am I when I am raped?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If a lady invites male genitalia into her female genitalia, the sperm will, unless blocked by contraceptive measures, travel to the fallopian tubes, where if there is an ovum, the sperm will try to be the lucky gamete to fertilize the ovum. The resulting zygote travels down the fallopian tube to implant in the uterine lining. Did no one ever explain to you how sex can result in a baby? Or STI? Use contraception people, or abstain.
          I think Michael Rozeff argued in that vein also. This case is rare, I guess, but possibly worth considering: A young woman who never learned how babies get made fools around with a hunk.
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You're a male, why would you be pregnant???

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
              I think Michael Rozeff argued in that vein also. This case is rare, I guess, but possibly worth considering: A young woman who never learned how babies get made fools around with a hunk.
              Not nearly as rare as you think. My personal favorite was something along the lines of, "my mother said we'd get pregnant if we slept together, but we never slept."
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I assume this is you being humorous again? I’m so glad they decided not to kill me. What a relief.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                  Not nearly as rare as you think. My personal favorite was something along the lines of, "my mother said we'd get pregnant if we slept together, but we never slept."
                  Or the joke where a couple was sleeping together in the same bed, but the wife never got pregnant. Turns out, they weren't having sex.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                    Yeah, whenever I heard somebody say something like "she was sleeping with her boss", I think, "well, gee, if that's ALL they're doing..."
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      I assume this is you being humorous again? I’m so glad they decided not to kill me. What a relief.
                      Why should we kill you? That would be murder. And ape shall not kill ape. I'd say because murder is wrong, but... you are a moral relativist?

Comment

Yeah, whenever I heard somebody say something like "she was sleeping with her boss", I think, "well, gee, if that's ALL they're doing..."
                        A sleepover? Though, having a sleepover with your boss would be kinda weird...

Comment

A sleepover? Though, having a sleepover with your boss would be kinda weird...
                          I let my wife think she's my boss, so it's been working well for over 38 years.

Comment

I let my wife think she's my boss, so it's been working well for over 38 years.
                            I mean a work boss! Did y'all reproduce? Oh right, of course you did. How many descendants did you have?

Comment

I mean a work boss! Did y'all reproduce? Oh right, of course you did. How many descendants did you have?
                              We have two daughters, one born in Dec 1976 and the other in Dec 1980. Two granddaughters, and Spongebob. Mulitiple granddogs.

Comment

We have two daughters, one born in Dec 1976 and the other in Dec 1980. Two granddaughters, and Spongebob. Mulitiple granddogs.
                                So, Cow Poke Squarepants? The name doesn't suit you. Although it explains a lot about the show.

Comment