Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Backlash Over Proposed ‘Straight Pride’ Parade In Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backlash Over Proposed ‘Straight Pride’ Parade In Boston

What is the big deal?

Backlash Over Proposed ‘Straight Pride’ Parade In Boston

BOSTON (CBS) – Days before Boston’s Pride parade fills city streets, celebrating the LGBTQ community, another parade proposal is causing an uproar on social media. John Hugo is the president of a group calling itself Super Happy Fun America. His goal is to create a straight pride parade.

Hugo explains, “We want people to be aware that there is not only one side of things. There’s a lot of people that are uncomfortable with a lot of things that are going on in our country and they’re afraid to speak up.”

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/06/...group-planned/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Those demanding toleration and acceptance are often among the most intolerant.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just like you can't have a National Association for the Advancement of White People.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was going to have a Pirate Pride Parade but I got drunk and couldn't find the hatch to get out of the hold.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          What is the big deal?
          I am not surprised that you don’t know what the “big deal” is. I think you may have become a little isolated; a fault common in the religioso.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Our town held it's first ever pride week this year. I emailed the mayor and asked her when the first annual straight pride week was going to be held.

She replied that we are a wonderful diverse community accepting everyone and if I wanted to step up and organize such a thing the town would support me whole-heartedly.

I said to her that I really didn't want to waste my time volunteering to organize something that would meet hostility from the "other side".

She never answered me.

Tolerance and acceptance only works when both sides accept the other and we've seen over and over and over that that is not what happens.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              I am not surprised that you don’t know what the “big deal” is. I think you may have become a little isolated; a fault common in the religioso.
              No doubt the same rationale that we can't say "all lives matter" because that's a kick in the teeth to black people.

labs_36103876_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                What is the big deal?
                Maybe it is a cultural appropriation thing. The LGBT community might be worried that their appropriation of purple and of the rainbow might be undermined.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  No doubt the same rationale that we can't say "all lives matter" because that's a kick in the teeth to black people.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37478[/ATTACH]
                  Symmetry matters.

D7A878C1-52E2-45AD-BE1C-E324FF9492D4.jpeg
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I think it's a dumb idea personally. If we are serious that sexual orientation is nothing to take pride in or make a big deal about, supporting straight pride parades undermines that.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I think it's a dumb idea personally. If we are serious that sexual orientation is nothing to take pride in or make a big deal about, supporting straight pride parades undermines that.
                      It's the principle of the thing. And it certainly points to the hypocrisy of those who are only interested in their own agenda and want the rest of us to accept it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        True, that. Perhaps a Christian Pride parade?
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          It's the principle of the thing. And it certainly points to the hypocrisy of those who are only interested in their own agenda and want the rest of us to accept it.
                          Gays do not demand that you be gay too. But they do want as much space in this society as you take for granted.
                          Last edited by firstfloor; 06-06-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Gays do not demand that you be gay too.
                            Christians don't demand that non-Christians be Christian. But the two life-styles are incompatible.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Gays do not demand that you be gay too. But they do want as much space in this society as you take for granted.
                              Is that why they have parades in which they can act like perverts and freaks?

gay 1.jpggay 2.jpeggay 3.jpg

Comment