Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama Abortion Ban:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    The name you give it or the emotional attachment that a person has to it, says nothing about what it actually is. This sort of confusion explains some of the very poor decision making around abortion.
    Which you yourself used:

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Laws that ban or severely restrict a woman’s right to abortion, are using the unwanted child to punish the mother. That is one reason that such laws are deeply immoral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Which you yourself used:
      I see a slight misunderstanding has arisen, namely, that when I wrote ‘child’ I meant ‘child’. I hope that helps.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I see a slight misunderstanding has arisen, namely, that when I wrote ‘child’ I meant ‘child’. I hope that helps.
        It helps establish the fact that you're referring to an "unwanted child" as opposed to a "clump of tissue" or some other such term. Like when Tassman accidentally refers to the "mother" instead of "the woman". In fact, you also used the term "mother".

Every once in a while, you liberals screw up and accidentally speak the truth.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It helps establish the fact that you're referring to an "unwanted child" as opposed to a "clump of tissue" or some other such term. Like when Tassman accidentally refers to the "mother" instead of "the woman". In fact, you also used the term "mother".

Every once in a while, you liberals screw up and accidentally speak the truth.
          I cannot speak for Tassman, but I am pro-children, pro-mothers, pro-contraception, pro-sex education, and pro-women’s choice. I also think that a country benefits when it puts public resources into raising and educating its poorest children.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I cannot speak for Tassman,
            That's OK, neither can he.

but I am pro-children, pro-mothers, pro-contraception, pro-sex education, and pro-women’s choice. I also think that a country benefits when it puts public resources into raising and educating its poorest children.
            One of your "pro" issues is in direct conflict with one or more of your other "pro" issues. It does not compute. DANGER, Will Robinson!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

but I am pro-children, pro-mothers, pro-contraception, pro-sex education, and pro-women’s choice.
              One of these things is not like the others,
              One of these things just doesn't belong,
              Can you tell which thing is not like the others
              By the time I finish my song?musical note.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                That's OK, neither can he.

One of your "pro" issues is in direct conflict with one or more of your other "pro" issues. It does not compute. DANGER, Will Robinson!
                This is how to reduce the incidence of abortion. We want to avoid turning the clock back to this:

But I cannot forget. I am a nurse, and have been for 19 years. I work for Planned Parenthood of Westchester and am committed to its goals as a direct result of my experiences in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. I saw what happened to women who were made desperate by unwanted pregnancy. I remember the more fortunate women who survived, and I remember the ones who were taken from the emergency room to the morgue. Their pain, their suffering, and their deaths were so unnecessary and so tragic. Those were the days when it was not unusual for half of the obstetric beds in a large public hospital to be occupied by women suffering the consequences of illegal abortion.
                NY Times archives.

Comment

This is how to reduce the incidence of abortion. We want to avoid turning the clock back to this:

NY Times archives.
                  The whole back-alley abortions with young women dying in the streets story was a sham. A lie. Never happened.

Comment

The whole back-alley abortions with young women dying in the streets story was a sham. A lie. Never happened.
                    This is the article from 1981.
                    https://www.nytimes.com/1981/02/01/n...-abortion.html

Comment

It did happen but was almost unheard of. Moreover, Bernard Nathanson, co-founder in 1969 of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL) and one time director of New York City’s Center for Reproductive and Sexual Health (who later found God and became a very vocal Pro-Life supporter) exposed how the pro-abortion movement made up figures concerning the number of deaths linked to illegal abortions. He noted that they constantly fed the media the lie that 10,000 women a year died as a result of botched illegal abortion when in fact it was but a tiny fraction of that (in 1972, the year prior to Roe v. Wade, 28 deaths were reported from illegal abortions).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Between 1950 and 1960, the National Centre for Health Statistics has about 200 - 250 deaths per year from illegal abortions. You also have much exploitation of desperate women because they were vulnerable and acting illegally. This is very definitely a history not to be repeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                          The New York Times lied then just as it lies now.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                            Between 1950 and 1960, the National Centre for Health Statistics has about 200 - 250 deaths per year from illegal abortions.
                            Does that statistic include the innocent children who were killed?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Does that statistic include the innocent children who were killed?
                              Happily, no children were killed. But you know that already, so you’re just trolling as usual.

Comment

Between 1950 and 1960, the National Centre for Health Statistics has about 200 - 250 deaths per year from illegal abortions. You also have much exploitation of desperate women because they were vulnerable and acting illegally. This is very definitely a history not to be repeated.
                                In 1978 the CDC examined the number of deaths resulting from illegal abortions earlier in that decade during a three year period and found that they ranged between five and 39. A far cry from the 10,000 per year that abortion proponents and the ever obedient MSM kept erroneously reporting. In the last year that I could find information (2014) the CDC reported that six women died as a result of a legal abortion.

Doesn't seem that all that much has changed.

Moreover, since the 1970s the availability of contraceptives and their efficiency has markedly increased making abortions less necessary -- if the contraceptive precautions were used. Increasing restrictions on abortions would likely mean that contraceptives would increase in use since women would know that they couldn't rely on an abortion for their means of avoiding having a baby.

Comment