Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The strange greatness of Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I paid good $ to get in to this cabal thing, but all I got was CNN, ESPN and a whole bunch of channels on travel, cooking, exercise and direct sales. What am I doing wrong?
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      I paid good $ to get in to this cabal thing, but all I got was CNN, ESPN and a whole bunch of channels on travel, cooking, exercise and direct sales. What am I doing wrong?
      Kinda reminds me of the Roman commander who complained to Paul.... "I paid good $ to get this citizenship...."
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Has carp ever admitted he was actually wrong? It is like trying to nail down smoke. He always has an excuse. and it is usually that it is our fault that we didn't understand him correctly, even though he tells us he is a professional communicator.
        He often resorts to the "I'm not wrong, I just didn't explain myself correctly" excuse; and then he tries again and more often than not blatantly contradicts what he said earlier.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          this is about me, isn't it?
          Well - you do that too. But he catches me on philosophical and logical errors. You mostly catch me on grammatical ones.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Translation: "I concede that you're right, but allow me to go ahead and explain how you're wrong."
            Translation: you are right to catch me on sloppy use of language: here is what I was trying to say.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Has carp ever admitted he was actually wrong?
              Many times, actually.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              It is like trying to nail down smoke.
              Ahh, another oldie but goodie from the cabal. I prefer the "jello" variant. The image of nailing jello to a tree is amusing!

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              He always has an excuse. and it is usually that it is our fault that we didn't understand him correctly, even though he tells us he is a professional communicator.
              I actually am a professional communicator - of sorts. I teach for a living, and write courses for my clients. I'm actually pretty good at it, given the success of my business and the fact that my clients tend to stay with me. But, alas, I'm in the process of winding down and slipping into semi-retirement. That should give me lots of time to keep you honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                TINC truth!

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                  I paid good $ to get in to this cabal thing, but all I got was CNN, ESPN and a whole bunch of channels on travel, cooking, exercise and direct sales. What am I doing wrong?
                  You need to cut the cord/cable and go streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    He often resorts to the "I'm not wrong, I just didn't explain myself correctly" excuse; and then he tries again and more often than not blatantly contradicts what he said earlier.
                    Ahh... another "contradicts himself." See - I told you it was the new theme!

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      There Is No Cabal.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

There Is No Cabal.
                        I bet you don't acknowledge the existence of Figh.....

um

nevermind
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I have a list of all of the evil groups I belong to on theologyweb.

carpedm9587's Cabal
                          Da Blonde's Axis of Evil,
                          Adam's Dirty Dozen,
                          Dee Dee's Goon Squad,
                          Tweb's In-Crowd,
                          The Brood of Vipers

...And I was once exorcised by Ty Rockwell and Dee Dee.

ETA oh and Blue Triangle once called me Beelzebub.

Comment

There Is No Cabal.
                            The term was used loosely - in place of "usual cast of characters." One five letter word is shorter. See? I AM trying to be concise - but the cost is precision.
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 06-14-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              The term was used loosely - in place of "usual cast of characters." One five letter word is shorter. See? I AM trying to be concise - but the cost is precision.
                              Did you break your funny bone?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Did you break your funny bone?
                                Nah...but I did hit it this morning...which again raises the question "why do they call it a funny bone?" Ouch!

ETA: The "cabal" reference was basically to that collection of people that seem chronically incapable of staying with the argument/discussion and continually need to resort to character assassination of one form or another. It was not intended to imply some kind of concerted "plot," though I have noticed that the group tends to pick up themes from one another and carry them forward in subsequent posts. The latest such theme that is making the rounds is "holding mutually contradictory positions." It's become the new mantra!

Comment