Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Encounters With God Provide Lasting Mental Benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encounters With God Provide Lasting Mental Benefits

Interesting...

Encounters With God, Even Under The Influence, Provide Lasting Mental Benefits

BALTIMORE — People who claim they’ve seen God may not be so crazy after all. A study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine found that those who have had divine encounter experiences — the sensation of seeing a God-like figure or a profound, enhanced reality or truth — reap lasting mental benefits.

Many have reported experiencing these deeply religious visions spontaneously or while under the influence of psychedelic drugs like psilocybin “magic” mushrooms or the Amazonian drink ayahuasca. Some of these experiences were described as encounters with God or an “ultimate reality,” bringing sudden, striking clarity to their lives and existence in general. And interestingly, even if the encounter occurred on a psychedelic trip, researchers say the benefits are still the same.

...Researchers found several interesting conclusions. Among them, 75% of people who had an encounter say it was among the most “meaningful and spiritually significant” moments in their lives — so much so that it brought about permanent positive changes in their life satisfaction, purpose and meaning. In fact, the experience was so powerful that about two-thirds of self-identified atheists shed that label after their encounter.

https://www.studyfinds.org/encounter...ntal-benefits/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Data, Analysis, News Item, Headline, seer’s understanding. This is the order of increasing confusion. Interesting study all the same.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Data, Analysis, News Item, Headline, seer’s understanding. This is the order of increasing confusion. Interesting study all the same.
      I suggest FF that you start with a regiment of psilocybin - so you can catch up with the rest of us enlightened ones...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        I suggest FF that you start with a regiment of psilocybin - so you can catch up with the rest of us enlightened ones...
        I had a shot of Valium once; very effective but no hallucinations. We all think differently; I was speaking to a lawyer who said he can’t do the cryptic crossword because he has learned to use language very precisely. That surprised me.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment