Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anything new on Benghazi? Does it matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything new on Benghazi? Does it matter?

Will the Republicans simply end up appearing to be "out to get Obama"?

Will it make any difference on a potential run for the White House by Clinton?

Does the most recent release of documents pursuant to Judicial Watch's FOIA request make any difference?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Will the Republicans simply end up appearing to be "out to get Obama"?
    Where have you been since Obama was first elected?
    Will it make any difference on a potential run for the White House by Clinton?
    They are probably just shooting themselves in the foot by appealing to their anti-Obama-government base. They already believe all of their nonsense anyway.
    Does the most recent release of documents pursuant to Judicial Watch's FOIA request make any difference?
    What new or incriminating details have emerged? Nothing! Its not surprising that after all these many bogus hearings chaired by the bogus D. Issa that thy've come up with nothing.

Comment

To say that it was based on nothing is just a partisan lie. The cover-up we know for a fact is that they intentionally lied about the attack being influenced by the video when they knew beforehand (according to the emails) that it wasn't (remember, this perception about the video reignited a lot of animosity and controversy in the media about Muslim boogiemen out to get us). However, how deep the cover-up actually goes (i.e. speculations of weapons smuggling, speculations of a staged kidnapping/rescue to make Obama look good for reelection, etc.) no one knows and it will probably never be proven even if it is that deep. At this point, they can pretty much just say they bungled the Libyan campaign, were embarrassed about the attack and thus lied about the cause of the attack, and that's as far as it would likely go.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Where have you been since Obama was first elected?
        Working for a living, Jimmy Boy, Working for a living!

They are probably just shooting themselves in the foot by appealing to their anti-Obama-government base. They already believe all of their nonsense anyway.
        Hmmmm... the new batch of emails are nonsense, Jimmy? Does that mean Obama's team is full of nonsense?

What new or incriminating details have emerged? Nothing! Its not surprising that after all these many bogus hearings chaired by the bogus D. Issa that thy've come up with nothing.
        Stay tuned, Jimmy --- the fat lady ain't sung yet.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          To say that it was based on nothing is just a partisan lie. The cover-up we know for a fact is that they intentionally lied about the attack being influenced by the video when they knew beforehand (according to the emails) that it wasn't (remember, this perception about the video reignited a lot of animosity and controversy in the media about Muslim boogiemen out to get us).
          EGGzackly

However, how deep the cover-up actually goes (i.e. speculations of weapons smuggling, speculations of a staged kidnapping/rescue to make Obama look good for reelection, etc.) no one knows and it will probably never be proven even if it is that deep.
          I don't guess I'm familiar with some of that. Source for the "kidnapping/rescue"?

At this point, they can pretty much just say they bungled the Libyan campaign, were embarrassed about the attack and thus lied about the cause of the attack, and that's as far as it would likely go.
          I'm inclined to agree. You will, of course, have some on the looney liberal left extreme* saying things like "What new or incriminating details have emerged? Nothing!"

*unfortunately, come to think of it, that's pretty much what "mainstream" leftists are saying.

Comment

EGGzackly

I don't guess I'm familiar with some of that. Source for the "kidnapping/rescue"?

I'm inclined to agree. You will, of course, have some on the looney liberal left extreme* saying things like "What new or incriminating details have emerged? Nothing!"

*unfortunately, come to think of it, that's pretty much what "mainstream" leftists are saying.
            And what are the crackpots on the right saying CP? Nothing thats what! Nothing but a bunch of cooked up speculative malarky a la seanD. "weapons smuggling", "staged kiddnappings/rescues to make Obama look good for re-election". I wonder how these notions got into his head? There is nothing to cover up, the embassy was attacked whether the vidio played a part in it or not. Exactly what has been revealed as being covered up and what legitimate evidence has been revealed to back up these claims, whatever they are? I can tell you one thing though, the republicans blocked the passage of a bill that would have increased embassy security as requested by the Obama administration.

Comment

It was suggested that Ambassador Stevens was to be kidnapped and held for exchange for the blind the Blind Sheikh. And I guess it was widely known in the area that Stevens was gay - his captors, though perhaps not intending to kill him, sodomized him so violently that the trauma eventually killed him. I don't think there is an Obama connection on the kidnapping but there certainly seemed to be weapons smuggling to Syrian resistance fighters. Most of this came from Lebanese or Libyan sources if memory serves. In any case I think the way Obama handled this, in itself, is an impeachable offence.
              Last edited by seer; 05-03-2014, 03:12 PM.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

And what are the crackpots on the right saying CP? Nothing thats what! Nothing but a bunch of cooked up speculative malarky a la seanD.
                Jimmy, you really need to calm down. You're working yourself into a frenzy again. SeanD CLEARLY mentioned "speculations" of.... and he did so in a "suspect" tone.

"weapons smuggling", "staged kiddnappings/rescues to make Obama look good for re-election". I wonder how these notions got into his head?
                To the calm and reasoned reader, they don't appear to be "in his head", Jimmy. He was mentioning them as part of his post that, as I read it, is pretty dismissive of any hope of anything substantial coming of this.

There is nothing to cover up, the embassy was attacked whether the vidio played a part in it or not.
                Well, except of course that the Obama team had LIED REPEATEDLY that the video (it's video, not vidio, Jimmy) WAS the cause.

Exactly what has been revealed as being covered up and what legitimate evidence has been revealed to back up these claims, whatever they are?
                I wouldn't expect you to know, Jimmy, as your head is buried too deeply in the sand.

I can tell you one thing though, the republicans blocked the passage of a bill that would have increased embassy security as requested by the Obama administration.
                You might want to check your source on that, Jimmy -- it's not quite as cut and dried as you would love to believe.
                Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-03-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  It was suggested that Ambassador Stevens was to be kidnapped and held for exchange for the blind the Blind Sheikh. And I guess it was widely known in the area that Stevens was gay - his captors, though perhaps not intending to kill him, sodomized him so violently that the trauma eventually killed him. I don't think there is an Obama connection on the kidnapping but there certainly seemed to be weapons smuggling to Syrian resistance fighters. Most of this came from Lebanese or Libyan sources if memory serves. In any case I think the way Obama handled this, in itself, is an impeachable offence.
                  Yeah, now that you mention that, it sounds familiar.

Comment

What would have been the ideal way for the President to handle the situation?

Comment

The theory about gun smuggling has a bit more teeth...

Up to 35 CIA operatives were working in the city during the attack last September on the US consulate that resulted in the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, according to CNN.

The television network said that a CIA team was working in an annex near the consulate on a project to supply missiles from Libyan armouries to Syrian rebels.

Sources said that more Americans were hurt in the assault spearheaded by suspected Islamic radicals than had been previously reported. CIA chiefs were actively working to ensure the real nature of its operations in the city did not get out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-attacked.html
                      Highly plausible being that the same organization of terrorists that took down Gaddafi were then brought over to Syria to take down Assad. Question is, assuming CIA operatives were in fact smuggling them weapons, why terrorists would attack the consulate if they were getting a weapons cache from essentially the same source? The conclusion would be that the attack was a hit to silence potential whistleblowers.

Comment

It was suggested by whom seer? Where is the evidence for your claims? Besides, republicans are critical of the President for not doing enough with regards to aiding the Syrian resistance, so as usual, from the conservative perspective, whether your charge has any validity to it or not, he is damned if does and damned if he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          What would have been the ideal way for the President to handle the situation?
                          Send in help when it started, and not lie to the American people to save his political ass...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It was suggested by whom seer? Where is the evidence for your claims?
                            Aw, come on, Jimmy... since WHEN have you been concerned with EVIDENCE?

Besides, republicans are critical of the President for not doing enough with regards to aiding the Syrian resistance, so as usual, from the conservative perspective, whether your charge has any validity to it or not, he is damned if does and damned if he doesn't.
                            Actually, Jimmy, he's basically a major screw-up concerning foreign policy -- he makes Jimmy Carter look like a foreign policy genius.

Comment

It was suggested by whom seer? Where is the evidence for your claims? Besides, republicans are critical of the President for not doing enough with regards to aiding the Syrian resistance, so as usual, from the conservative perspective, whether your charge has any validity to it or not, he is damned if does and damned if he doesn't.
                              Here are the repots about the sodomy: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stevens.asp

Second, I did not say I disagreed with helping the Syrian resistance.

Comment