Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anything new on Benghazi? Does it matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That, it would seem, would be extremely foolish. Then the Republicans would be the only ones calling witnesses and cross-examining them.
    Absolutely, but Harry and Nancy don't "think regular".

And it still would not surprise me in the least if the Repubs managed to botch this by being overly aggressive or...
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Absolutely, but Harry and Nancy don't "think regular".

And it still would not surprise me in the least if the Repubs managed to botch this by being overly aggressive or...
      It could also depend on media coverage (or the lack of).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Center Ring at the Republican Circus
        The hottest competition in Washington this week is among House Republicans vying for a seat on the Benghazi kangaroo court, also known as the Select House Committee to Inflate a Tragedy Into a Scandal. Half the House has asked to “serve” on the committee, which is understandable since it’s the perfect opportunity to avoid any real work while waving frantically to right-wing voters stomping their feet in the grandstand.

I'm thinking they're just bored of voting to repeal Obamacare.

Comment

I'm starting to think there may be something to Benghazi after all, despite what seems like an obsessive push from figureheads to insist it doesn't matter. The talking points from the White House don't add up and the insistence that it referred to general Muslim anger rather than the specific incident seems implausible.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I'm starting to think there may be something to Benghazi after all, despite what seems like an obsessive push from figureheads to insist it doesn't matter. The talking points from the White House don't add up and the insistence that it referred to general Muslim anger rather than the specific incident seems implausible.
            Resist those thoughts.

The only obsessive push in sight is the grisly specter of fringe media spending the past two years parading dead Americans across their screens for political purposes.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              But there will always be deniers telling you to resist those thoughts.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When you hear of conspiracy theories, and rumors of conspiracy theories, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                      When you hear of conspiracy theories, and rumors of conspiracy theories, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
                      EGGzackly -- in God's time. So fear not he who Gores you and breathes his hot breath upon you.

Comment