Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    That is a discussion I am NOT getting into. I don't do "but the bible says" arguments. I find them pointless. And no - I didn't do that with my article. The article was a "maybe he's looking at this passage and using his interpretation of it to drive his choices." I did not claim or say "the bible definitively says X."
    So, a totally made up assumption not based in fact.

I have not seen this - so it is new information to me. I'd be curious to see the original source for this claim. I find a lot of people read into statements a lot of things that were not intended. Happens here all the time.
    It's been brought up a number of times in this thread. You just dove in without getting up to speed.

This is speculation. You might be right. You might not be. And see my answer to 2)
    It's common sense. Fasting is a component of prayer - a "force multiplier", in a sense.

BTW - if you are going to use A), and 2), then the third options should be III or iii. Please get your confusion straight!
    My inconsistency needs to be inconsistent.

I have not claimed that I know "facts." I have said, "it is also possible it could be X."
    There needs to be some basis in truth or fact for there to be a reasonable supposition. Otherwise, it's just wild speculation, as is the rest of your post.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So you give me a link to "conflate," "conflated," and "conflating" to demonstrate that I didn't invent "conflation?"

However, I did my own checking and it is a perfectly valid word.
      conflation.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That is a discussion I am NOT getting into. I don't do "but the bible says" arguments.
        Then you have no business being in this thread, because how we know what a Christian is is "what the Bible says".

Scat, SHOO!!!! Away with you. Out Darn Spot!!!!

Comment

I'll leave the last words to y'all.
          Again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Again?

Maybe! And that's FINAL!
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              Maybe! And that's FINAL!
              I finally get it! Carp wants them to be OUR last words, not his!

Comment

Well, he doesn't do "but the bible says" arguments, and since that's the only way we know what a Christian is....

(Yet, the article to which he linked was all about "what the Bible says", so .... he's a very confused man)

Comment

It almost seems that when carpe gives someone the last word he never says he'll stop posting but that when he decides to stop he is giving them permission to continue. Then again, so is the whole you-can-have-the-last-word.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    Maybe! And that's FINAL!
                    You can phone a friend!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Then you have no business being in this thread, because how we know what a Christian is is "what the Bible says".

Scat, SHOO!!!! Away with you. Out Darn Spot!!!!
                      Oh, so you don't believe that homosexuals could at the same time be christian, therefore you don't care what it is that Buttegieg says. It's the bible tells you he is not a christian. So, what do you need to hear it from the horses mouth for? Y'all wouldn't believe him anyway.

Comment

How on earth can you even begin to say that? Do you think Christian-affiliated religions are the only religion in the world? Trump has been attacking the Islamic faith, leveraging it for political gain since he started his campaign - and even before.
                        In this context, yes, Christian-affiliated religions are the only ones that matter.

Now, offhand, I'm not aware of Trump "attacking" the Islamic faith or its adherents. In that sense, he's a pretty poor example of a practicing Christian, since Christians know that even the best Muslims are doomed infidels, as are non-Messianic Jews, Messianic Jews who do not believe in the deity of Christ, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and a host of others.

ETA: By "best" Muslims, I mean those who are peacefully Islam-ic, as opposed to radically Islam-ist.
                        Last edited by NorrinRadd; 06-19-2019, 07:12 PM.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Oh, so you don't believe that homosexuals could at the same time be christian, therefore you don't care what it is that Buttegieg says. It's the bible tells you he is not a christian. So, what do you need to hear it from the horses mouth for? Y'all wouldn't believe him anyway.
                          Do pay attention, Jim. Cow Poke, et al. are not saying they'd believe him; they're looking for evidence of the mere claim itself coming from the horse's mouth. It seems to be more than your fellow non-believer can produce. Maybe you can help him with that.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Do pay attention, Jim. Cow Poke, et al. are not saying they'd believe him; they're looking for evidence of the mere claim itself coming from the horse's mouth. It seems to be more than your fellow non-believer can produce. Maybe you can help him with that.
                            Yeah, so my question is, why do y'all want such evidence since you wouldn't accept that evidence any more than any of the other evidence that was given you? You don't believe he is a Christian regardless. So, you don't believe he's a christian. We get it! What's the point you are trying to make?

Comment

Thank you for never changing, Jim. There need to be some constants in this crazy world.

Comment

Yeah, so my question is, why do y'all want such evidence since you wouldn't accept that evidence any more than any of the other evidence that was given you? You don't believe he is a Christian regardless. So, you don't believe he's a christian. We get it! What's the point you are trying to make?
                                The point is that Tassman can't seem to back up his assertion with evidence. Would you care to help him on that?
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment