Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I'm still traveling towards mine. Apparently you're content about being stuck where you are, where ever that may be.

    That's fine, I guess. Whatever works for you.
    I don’t think I am stuck exactly; just come to some conclusions about a few things. Nothing cast in stone though. I currently do not rate western religions very highly.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      I don’t think I am stuck exactly; just come to some conclusions about a few things. Nothing cast in stone though. I currently do not rate western religions very highly.
      Western religions. Is that like Cowboy worshiping?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Western religions. Is that like Cowboy worshiping?
        Howdy, my name is Rawhide Kobayashi. I'm a 27 year old Japanese Japamerican (western culture fan for you foreigners). I brand and wrangle cattle on my ranch, and spend my days perfecting the craft and enjoying superior American passtimes. (Barbeque, Rodeo, Fireworks) I train with my branding iron every day, this superior weapon can permanently leave my ranch embled on a cattle's hide because it is white-hot, and is vastly superior to any other method of livestock marking. I earned my branding license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day. I speak English fluently, both Texas and Oklahoma dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their cowboy code, which I follow 100% When I get my American visa, I am moving to Dallas to work in an oil field to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a cattle wrangler for the Double Cross Ranch or an oil rig operator for Exxon-Mobil! I own several cowboy hats, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I rebel against my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond. Wish me luck in America!
        ~Formerly known as Chrawnus~

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Western religions. Is that like Cowboy worshiping?
          Not really; but it is probably a good idea to equip your motorcar with a little dashboard shrine particularly if heavy traffic is expected.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Not really; but it is probably a good idea to equip your motorcar with a little dashboard shrine particularly if heavy traffic is expected.
            Git along, little dogie.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              Howdy, my name is Rawhide Kobayashi. I'm a 27 year old Japanese Japamerican (western culture fan for you foreigners). I brand and wrangle cattle on my ranch, and spend my days perfecting the craft and enjoying superior American passtimes. (Barbeque, Rodeo, Fireworks) I train with my branding iron every day, this superior weapon can permanently leave my ranch embled on a cattle's hide because it is white-hot, and is vastly superior to any other method of livestock marking. I earned my branding license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day. I speak English fluently, both Texas and Oklahoma dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their cowboy code, which I follow 100% When I get my American visa, I am moving to Dallas to work in an oil field to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a cattle wrangler for the Double Cross Ranch or an oil rig operator for Exxon-Mobil! I own several cowboy hats, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I rebel against my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond. Wish me luck in America!
              FWIU various "dude ranches" set up for tourists get a lot of Japanese guests.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by seer View Post
                Which is fair, but mayor Mike is a homosexual married to a man. How is that compatible with the Christian faith?
                He didn't attack Trumps faith, he attacked his policies which akin to yours, and the many other christian posters here, he see's as contrary to their supposed faith. You may not agree, but what he is attacking is the policies which you support and which he sees as non christian. It's difficult for me to believe that the policies you and yours support are the policies supported by a christian as well.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Which is fair, but mayor Mike is a homosexual married to a man. How is that compatible with the Christian faith?
                  President Trump is a heterosexual man married to his third wife. How is that compatible with the Christian faith
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    President Trump is a heterosexual man married to his third wife. How is that compatible with the Christian faith
                    Trump isn't smugly boasting that God created him to be unfaithful.
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Trump isn't smugly boasting that God created him to be unfaithful.
                      He smugly boasts about grabbing women’s genitals and planting unwanted tic-tac kisses on their lips. He has no need to boast about living in an adulterous union with his third wife (according to Jesus) or committing adultery with a porn star while his wife sleeps in the next It's there for the world to see.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Trump isn't smugly boasting that God created him to be unfaithful.
                        It really makes you wonder just what sort of crap his churches teaches.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          He smugly boasts about grabbing women’s genitals and planting unwanted tic-tac kisses on their lips.
                          You used an improper verb tense.

                          He has no need to boast about living in an adulterous union with his third wife (according to Jesus)
                          That would disqualify him from serving in many Churches, but it does not disqualify him for the office of POTUS. According to Jesus, you're lost and in need of a Savior. You're quite selective about what Jesus said.

                          or committing adultery with a porn star while his wife sleeps in the next It's there for the world to see.
                          He's a sinful man, yes.

                          Next?
                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                          Comment


                          • If we end up having a President Buttigieg, I honestly think the end result would be that America as a whole would switch to assuming that "affirming" Christianity is the default for the faith, and the rest of us would become much more marginalized culturally. Not that Jesus promised anything different.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              It really makes you wonder just what sort of crap his churches teaches.
                              Clearly a more loving and less judgmental “sort of crap” than your church teaches.
                              Last edited by Tassman; 04-15-2019, 01:32 AM.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post



                                That would disqualify him from serving in many Churches, but it does not disqualify him for the office of POTUS.
                                Just as Pete Buttigieg's homosexuality doesn't "disqualify him for the office of POTUS".
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Today, 01:42 PM
                                1 response
                                8 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Thoughtful Monk  
                                Started by Ronson, Today, 11:16 AM
                                0 responses
                                19 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Started by Juvenal, Today, 04:13 AM
                                1 response
                                17 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Maranatha  
                                Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 06:20 PM
                                18 responses
                                99 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 06:10 PM
                                5 responses
                                41 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Working...
                                X