Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Rom 1:20
    There is also a difference in fighting and struggling with a sin but failing from time to time, and just embracing it as normal and good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      There is also a difference in fighting and struggling with a sin but failing from time to time, and just embracing it as normal and good.
      Absolutely. Romans 7.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you were to dig deep enough, I think you would find that the Right Church is full of angry closeted gays, and the Left Church is full of happy open gays singing Y.M.C.A. You guys here take your Bible far too seriously to the point that God Himself can’t get a word in edgeways.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          If you were to dig deep enough...
          We'd come out in China?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you were to dig deep enough, I think you would find that the Right Church is full of angry closeted gays, and the Left Church is full of happy open gays singing Y.M.C.A. You guys here take your Bible far too seriously to the point that God Himself can’t get a word in edgeways.
            God got his word out just fine in the bible.

Comment

Since you've taken upon yourself to be a mouthpiece for God I'd like you to provide some qualifications, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                Since you've taken upon yourself to be a mouthpiece for God I'd like you to provide some *qualifications*, thank you very much.
                *credentials(?)*

I've been waiting a long time for someone from the LGBT sympathetic faction to provide some of them.
                It would resolve a conundrum. Still, very few among that faction actually support the idea of commitment to one partner for life - so I don't see much point in holding my breath waiting.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  *credentials(?)*
                  I think in this context the two terms are interchangeable (although as a non-native speaker I reserve the right to be wrong )

But yes, credentials.

Or qualificiations.

Whichever one (or both) of them is correct.
                  Last edited by JonathanL; 04-11-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

I think in this context the two terms are interchangeable (although as a non-native speaker I reserve the right to be wrong )

But yes, credentials.

Or qualificiations.

Whichever one (or both) of them is correct.
                    Well firstfloor thinks he IS God.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      God got his word out just fine in the bible.
                      Maybe you’re just easily pleased.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Maybe you’re just easily pleased.
                        The bible is not known for saying things about sin that pleases people.

Comment

Since you've taken upon yourself to be a mouthpiece for God I'd like you to provide some qualifications, thank you very much.
                          Since you forced the issue; clearly someone has to speak for God Almighty and it might as well be me. Obviously you and your Christian pals don’t want the job and are willing instead to worship the ancient and obsolete ‘Good Book’. [imagine that Elvis had recorded only one song] Your position has been hopeless from the start and I doubt that you can be rescued. I at least know what the God is and I know that you search for Him in the wrong place, or your path to God is highly convoluted and inefficient.

Comment

Since you forced the issue; clearly someone has to speak for God Almighty and it might as well be me.
                            Well, the Bible is pretty clear that most, if not all, of the time God doesn't choose people based on their qualities, but according to His grace, and then equips them with whatever they need to accomplish the mission He has given them, so I'll atleast have to concede on this point.

Obviously you and your Christian pals don’t want the job and are willing instead to worship the ancient and obsolete ‘Good Book’.
                            Ancient, yes. Obsolete? I think Jesus had something to say about God's word becoming obsolete. I know He was a mouthpiece for God, even God himself. I'm not so sure about you. By which I mean I know for a fact that you're not, based on the very fact that you call the scriptures "obsolete".

[imagine that Elvis had recorded only one song]
                            Imagine if the Bible was only comprised of one book.

Your position has been hopeless from the start and I doubt that you can be rescued, were it not for God's overflowing goodness, mercy and grace.
                            You were approaching something resembling truth here, but then you had to stop halfway. Don't worry though, I added a dependent clause to properly clarify the thought for you and bring it closer to the truth. And just like God I won't be charging you a dime for the favor.

I at least know what the God is
                            You're very good at hiding that fact.

and I know that you search for Him in the wrong place,
                            I know for a fact that He's nowhere in the vicinity of where you're claiming.

or your path to God is highly convoluted and inefficient.
                            I agree, my path to God would be highly convoluted and inefficient. But, praise be to God that He decided to save me from the misery of trying to find God on my own, and showed me the way through his Son, Jesus Christ.
                            Last edited by JonathanL; 04-11-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Well, the Bible is pretty clear that most, if not all, of the time God doesn't choose people based on their qualities, but according to His grace, and then equips them with whatever they need to accomplish the mission He has given them, so I'll atleast have to concede on this point.

Ancient, yes. Obsolete? I think Jesus had something to say about God's word becoming obsolete. I know He was a mouthpiece for God, even God himself. I'm not so sure about you. By which I mean I know for a fact that you're not, based on the very fact that you call the scriptures "obsolete".

Imagine if the Bible was only comprised of one book.

You were approaching something resembling truth here, but then you had to stop halfway. Don't worry though, I added a dependent clause to properly clarify the thought for you and bring it closer to the truth. And just like God I won't be charging you a dime for the favor.

You're very good at hiding that fact.

I know for a fact that He's nowhere in the vicinity of where you're claiming.

I agree, my path to God would be highly convoluted and inefficient. But, praise be to God that He decided to save me from the misery of trying to find God on my own, and showed me the way through his Son, Jesus Christ.
                              It is comforting to know that we have both arrived at our rightful destination.

Comment

It is comforting to know that we have both arrived at our rightful destination.
                                I'm still traveling towards mine. Apparently you're content about being stuck where you are, where ever that may be.

That's fine, I guess. Whatever works for you.

Comment