Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    I would think the point with that goes for all people at all time. It seems to me, reading this post, that most posters believe it only goes for some people some of the time.
    You are certainly entitled to misread posts, and you do it with gusto.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You are certainly entitled to misread posts, and you do it with gusto.
      Well, it seems to me most of the posters in this thread are misreading what Jesus actually meant to say in Matthew 7:5. Jesus could say what he said because he was not a sinner. No one can claim that they are not so it goes for all human beings all the time which is why a homosexual is no different than anyone else in this context.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Well, it seems to me most of the posters in this thread are misreading what Jesus actually meant to say in Matthew 7:5. Jesus could say what he said because he was not a sinner. No one can claim that they are not so it goes for all human beings all the time which is why a homosexual is no different than anyone else in this context.
        There's a difference between a "sinner", which we all are, and somebody who actively chooses to live in sin, unrepentant.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jesus wasn't talking to or about himself. He was talking about one person criticizing another while they had even bigger problems themselves. Just like in this case.

Your ability to exegete scripture is severely lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Jesus wasn't talking to or about himself. He was talking about one person criticizing another while they had even bigger problems themselves. Just like in this case.

Your ability to exegete scripture is severely lacking.
            Never said he was talking about himself... If you think you are allowed to say what Jesus said I think his entire point is lost on you. We are all sinners and I believe his point is that we all turn our blind eye to our own shortcomings when pointing at others. And we should know our own errors...
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Never said he was talking about himself... If you think you are allowed to say what Jesus said I think his entire point is lost on you. We are all sinners and I believe his point is that we all turn our blind eye to our own shortcomings when pointing at others. And we should know our own errors...
              We are not all sinners who have chosen to live in sin, unrepentant.

Comment

There's a difference between a "sinner", which we all are, and somebody who actively chooses to live in sin, unrepentant.
                So you are a better person than he is or how am I to understand it?

Comment

You will probably never understand it, Charles, but somebody living in unrepentant sin is in a lot more trouble than somebody who has received Christ's forgiveness.

Comment

No Jesus was just telling people NOT to turn a blind eye to their own shortcomings when pointing out other's.

...Which is what we were doing here: We merely pointed out the Buttigeig shouldn't be publicly calling out someone else for their Christian failings when he is living in sin himself.

Matthew 7:1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
                    Last edited by Sparko; 04-10-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I don't know too many Christians who say their sin is a moral good, or that God created them to sin as he did. If I follow Mayor Pete's logic God created the pedophile or the rapist to do what they do.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        I don't know too many Christians who say their sin is a moral good, or that God created them to sin as he did. If I follow Mayor Pete's logic God created the pedophile or the rapist to do what they do.
                        EGGzackly..... God created us all, we are all sinners, but some of us recognize our sin and don't try to blame it on God.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          That was actually not what he said or the logic implied. He is basing what he says on an interpretation you can have all sorts of reasons for disagreeing with and you could even be right. But to suggest he knowingly claims wrong is right seems a little unfair.

Comment

That was actually not what he said or the logic implied. He is basing what he says on an interpretation you can have all sorts of reasons for disagreeing with and you could even be right. But to suggest he knowingly claims wrong is right seems a little unfair.
                            He may SINCERELY BELIEVE God made him a homosexual -- he's entitled to that -- but he'd be sincerely wrong. He is living in open defiance of Christian teachings, and is unrepentant.

Comment

How doesn't the logic follow? The Bible is clear on homosexual behavior, as it is on rape. If he can reject or massage that teaching for his personal proclivity, why can't the rapist?
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

EGGzackly..... God created us all, we are all sinners, but some of us recognize our sin and don't try to blame it on God.
                                And then you are in a position to point fingers at others even though you are a sinner, or exactly what is this about? I would think every sinner continues to sin? And is he continuing to sin or did he simply get it wrong? You cannot read his mind so I suggest you are careful before you conclude.

Comment