Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Because Mike Pence is a religious bigot, and Buttigieg is not.
    Thanks for proving my point Jimberly.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    No you said, ECC who believes in bronze age myths. All real christians believe in bronze age myths. Yet Tass isn't saying that Buttigieg has no business running for President.
    No, I said that is what Tassy would say about him if he was a Evangelical Conservative Christian. Obviously, he is not deriding Buttigieg for the same thing because he is a liberal gay Christian who has the same values as Tassy.

You really need to stop drinking so early in the morning Jimbolina.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Then why do you and he not say the same nice things about Mike Pence who has a much better political resume than Buttigieg and IS a conservative Christian?
    Because Mike Pence is a religious bigot, and Buttigieg is not.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    I said evangelical conservative Christian, JimL.
    No you said, ECC who believes in bronze age myths. All real christians believe in bronze age myths. Yet Tass isn't saying that Buttigieg has no business running for President.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    My bet is that he is laughing at the idiocy of the above statement.
    Then why do you and he not say the same nice things about Mike Pence who has a much better political resume than Buttigieg and IS a conservative Christian?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    He is a christian, Sparko, so there goes your theory. Comprehension!
    I said evangelical conservative Christian, JimL.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yup. Tass would be laughing himself silly that he/she listed playing a musical instrument as a presidential qualification.
    My bet is that he is laughing at the idiocy of the above statement.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    If he had the same qualifications and was an evangelical conservative Christian, Tassy would be mocking him as a horrible candidate who believes in bronze age myths and therefore has no business running the free world.
    He is a christian, Sparko, so there goes your theory. Comprehension!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    If he had the same qualifications and was an evangelical conservative Christian, Tassy would be mocking him as a horrible candidate who believes in bronze age myths and therefore has no business running the free world.
    Yup. Tass would be laughing himself silly that he/she listed playing a musical instrument as a presidential qualification.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You forgot to mention that he also plays piano.

He sounds like a perfect fit for the head of a university music department. I'm not seeing anything that uniquely says "pesidential". Would you still find his middling qualifications so impressive if he wasn't a homosexual?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
    What do you see in Trump that uniquely says "presidential”?
    Trump has decades of executive experience running a successful international business empire.

He also has a long list of honors and awards. If you think mayor Pete is impressive then wait'll you get a load of this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...y_Donald_Trump

Trump is also a multi New York Times best selling author and has been the subject of glowing print and television profiles... at least until he tripped Hillary on her run to the White House, and then the media suddenly decided they hated him.

On every point you seem to find Pete B. so impressive, Trump is exponentially more so.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think this thread is a particularly excellent example of Tassy's extreme biases....

A) Southern Baptists will be viewed in the worst possible light even if things have to be manufactured or perverted.
    2) A homosexual will be exalted to Presidential status regardless of any actual evidence of worthiness.

But, hey, Buttigieg plays the piano!
    And elected mayor of the 306th largest city in America.

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That’s part of the “culturally well rounded” bit, dummy.

I'm not seeing anything that uniquely says "pesidential".
    What do you see in Trump that uniquely says "presidential”? Genital grabbing and unwanted tic-tac kisses?

Would you still find his middling qualifications so impressive if he wasn't a homosexual?
    His impressive resume stands alone, regardless of sexual orientation.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
    ...a Rhodes Scholar and Harvard graduate, who is multilingual, twice elected and author of a NY Times best-selling book and overall culturally well-rounded ...

He sounds like a perfect fit for the head of a university music department. I'm not seeing anything that uniquely says "pesidential". Would you still find his middling qualifications so impressive if he wasn't a homosexual?

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No, I have LONG moved on ---
    I don’t blame you. It must be difficult to continue supporting your misleading rationalizations about the inglorious role of Southern Baptist Convention with regard to slavery and the Jim Crow segregation laws as perpetuated to this day by the Confederate monuments, many erected during the Jim Crow era, and Confederate flags.

And, because the SBC never had a policy justifying slavery on scriptural grounds,
    Maybe not officially but the use of texts instructing slaves and slave owners in proper behavior were used, such as Colossians 4:1: "Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven". (NIV)

the apologies were over racism - which was rampant throughout our nation.
    But primarily in the Deep South.
    Last edited by Tassman; 07-09-2019, 01:10 AM.

Leave a comment: