Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Buttigieg to Pence: 'If you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me -- your quarrel, sir, is with my creator'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/polit...nce/index.html

So if I follow this logic we should blame the rapist and pedophile on God, since he created them that way...
    "It's something that really frustrates me because the hypocrisy is unbelievable," Buttigieg said. "Here you have somebody who not only acts in a way that is not consistent with anything that I hear in scripture in church."

Yeah I bet he doesn't hear too much scripture on the matter in his liberal church.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      "It's something that really frustrates me because the hypocrisy is unbelievable," Buttigieg said. "Here you have somebody who not only acts in a way that is not consistent with anything that I hear in scripture in church."

Yeah I bet he doesn't hear too much scripture on the matter in his liberal church.
      More likely the kind of "I'm OK, you're OK" pap that infests them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        More likely the kind of "I'm OK, you're OK" pap that infests them.
        Jesus is your buddy...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          As a frail, sinful human I often don't do nearly as well as I would like
          Me neither...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

If "God made me this way so it is OK" were true, Jesus wouldn't have had to come to die on the cross to save us.

Comment

If "God made me this way so it is OK" were true, Jesus wouldn't have had to come to die on the cross to save us.
              This is about me, isn't it?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                This is about me, isn't it?
                Yep, and me, and every other sinner.

Comment

Yep, and me, and every other sinner.
                  I'm forgiven! In spite of what I've done, because of who He is!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You think for a second we are not aware of his moral failings?
                    I have seen for hours, days and years that you are incapable of confronting his moral failings as soon as it does not concern his private life but comes to his actual policies. That is much worse than not being aware of them that is knowingly supporting a mon who does what is morally wrong.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      I have seen for hours, days and years that you are incapable of confronting his moral failings as soon as it does not concern his private life but comes to his actual policies. That is much worse than not being aware of them that is knowingly supporting a mon who does what is morally wrong.
                      What?

Comment

I'm pointing to his hypocrisy...
                        And you are - of course - not a sinner? Why is your main concern about what he says that he is himself a homosexual. Why are you not mainly concerned about whether he is right or wrong in what he says?

(Amened this post by error...)
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Your posts are really incomprehensible today. Are you drunk posting or something?

Comment

It seems to me the truth is that he as right in what he says about others and that you are right in what you say about him (at least of we go for a traditional interpretation of Scripture). It is amazing to see so many in here going for the fallacy that if doing something wrong (or considered wrong in scripture) he cannot possible be right on what scripture says in another context. I wonder how anyone starts to think along those lines...

Comment

It seems to me the truth is that he as right in what he says about others and that you are right in what you say about him (at least of we go for a traditional interpretation of Scripture). It is amazing to see so many in here going for the fallacy that if doing something wrong (or considered wrong in scripture) he cannot possible be right on what scripture says in another context. I wonder how anyone starts to think along those lines...
                              No one said whether he was right or wrong, just that he has no room to criticize someone about their faith while he is living in sin. If you don't like people saying that, take it up with Jesus, he said it first:

Matthew 7:5
                              You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Comment

No one said whether he was right or wrong, just that he has no room to criticize someone about their faith while he is living in sin. If you don't like people saying that, take it up with Jesus, he said it first:

Matthew 7:5
                                You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
                                I would think the point with that goes for all people at all time. It seems to me, reading this post, that most posters believe it only goes for some people some of the time.

Comment