Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    How very mature. You're still free to start your thread on Old Testament Law --- given your expertise on law in general, it will, no doubt, be a real doozy!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      That's EasyPeasy!!! I actually read the Bible and understand the prohibitions against homosexuality -Buttigieg, unlike Tassman's idiot assertions, doesn't deal with those passages at all - he totally ignores them.
      EasyPeasy, really? So, the only reason that you don't engage in homosexual activity is because the bible prohibits it?
      How bout this - and, unlike your attempts at derailing, it's actually relevant to this thread - how bout you help out your fellow anti-Christian bigot and give some examples where Buttigieg has ever tried to "interpret" the relative scriptures. That's what Tassman keeps saying is his point.
      How about you look in the mirror and stop with your anti-atheist bigotry instead of falsely accusing others of hating on christians.

Comment

EasyPeasy, really? So, the only reason that you don't engage in homosexual activity is because the bible prohibits it?
        You really suck at logic. I don't engage in homosexuality because:
        A) I have no desire to, and
        2) If I did, I'd have to decide whether I wanted to obey the Word of God, or live in sin.

Apparently, Buttigieg has decided to ignore scripture and live in sin. He's certainly not addressing or "interpreting" any of the relevant passages. He just totally ignores them.

How about you look in the mirror and stop with your anti-atheist bigotry instead of falsely accusing others of hating on christians.

And, here you are again, spewing forth jackassery on a Christian-run website for no other reason than to be a pain in the butt.

"Anti-theist"? You are such a pantload.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How very mature. You're still free to start your thread on Old Testament Law --- given your expertise on law in general, it will, no doubt, be a real doozy!
          And you're still free to answer the question. "Do you believe that god ordered that homosexuals be stoned to death?"

Comment

And you're still free to answer the question. "Do you believe that god ordered that homosexuals be stoned to death?"
            Yes he did order their execution under the Mosaic Civil Code.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              Yes he did order their execution under the Mosaic Civil Code.
              You believe this was a civil restriction, not a religious one?
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Actually the logic of my interpretation of your answer was exact. You said the reason you didn't engage in homosexual behavior was because the bible prohibited it. You said nothing about your lack of desire.

It isn't in your nature, or so you say now. Whose fault is that, are you the cause of your desires, or of your nature?

2) If I did, I'd have to decide whether I wanted to obey the Word of God, or live in sin.
                That's as easy for you to say as it is for you to condemn homosexuals.
                Apparently, Buttigieg has decided to ignore scripture and live in sin. He's certainly not addressing or "interpreting" any of the relevant passages. He just totally ignores them.
                Apparently so do you ignore them, unless you can admit that you believe god ordered the stoning to death of homosexuals.

And, here you are again, spewing forth jackassery on a Christian-run website for no other reason than to be a pain in the butt.

Comment

Well, since it's right here in black and white....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I'll ignore the rest of your post that comes from your initial outright lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    You believe this was a civil restriction, not a religious one?
                    I did not make that distinction, Mosaic civil law did include moral and religious prohibitions. It was a theocracy after all.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I did not make that distinction, Mosaic civil law did include moral and religious prohibitions. It was a theocracy after all.

There were actually three classes of laws:
                      A) Judicial
                      2) Moral
                      iii) Ceremonial

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

In all honesty I cannot understand why all women aren't lesbian because there is absolutely nothing attractive about men.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There were actually three classes of laws:
                            A) Judicial
                            2) Moral
                            iii) Ceremonial
                            You are correct there are three distinct areas, but they all are part of the Mosaic law.

Comment

You are correct there are three distinct areas, but they all are part of the Mosaic law.
                              yes

Comment

yes
                                Well - it is a mosaic law, after all.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment