Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    You don’t need me to keep the SBC ENSLAVED to your past. The fact that the SBC waited 30 years to issue an apology, when the Civil Rights Act ended (in theory at least) the segregation enforced by the Jim Crow Laws, demonstrates a certain reluctance to forget the past. As do the Confederate monuments, many erected during the Jim Crow era, and Confederate flags act as constant reminders of the good ol’ days when whites ruled unfettered by racial considerations.
    two posts on topic following multiple posts of ridicule, followed by almost two pages of ridicule, yet you still manage to stay on topic.

Again - I compliment you on your capacity not to be goaded into a fight over ancillary issues despite significant justification for doing so.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      two posts on topic following multiple posts of ridicule, followed by almost two pages of ridicule, yet you still manage to stay on topic.

Again - I compliment you on your capacity not to be goaded into a fight over ancillary issues despite significant justification for doing so.

Jim
      How is he on topic? The topic is not the SBC or the Civil Rights act, or Jim Crow or Confederate monuments or flags or racism, but Pete Buttigieg.

And when you are complimenting and agreeing with atheist trolls who hate Christians, you might want to take a step back and reconsider your position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        How is he on topic? The topic is not the SBC or the Civil Rights act, or Jim Crow or Confederate monuments or flags or racism, but Pete Buttigieg.

And when you are complimenting and agreeing with atheist trolls who hate Christians, you might want to take a step back and reconsider your position.
        If a person shows remarkable self control when subjected to an endless string of insults by others, they deserve a pat on the back from someone. It is not an easy thing to do, and I admire it when I see it.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

If a person shows remarkable self control when subjected to an endless string of insults by others, they deserve a pat on the back from someone. It is not an easy thing to do, and I admire it when I see it.

Jim
          Except he wasn't on topic and Tassman frequently is the cause of his own problems here with his own insults and trolling.

Comment

Except he wasn't on topic and Tassman frequently is the cause of his own problems here with his own insults and trolling.
            I'm not commenting on any aspect other than the fact he's been subjected to several pages of insults and hasn't responded in kind. There are others here that can manage that - Carpe is one, Leonhard another. I am not - or at least I haven't been yet, so I admire those that can.

Jim

Comment

I'm not commenting on any aspect other than the fact he's been subjected to several pages of insults and hasn't responded in kind. There are others here that can manage that - Carpe is one, Leonhard another. I am not - or at least I haven't been yet, so I admire those that can.

Jim
              He just insinuated that CP (a member of the SBC) is racist in the very post you praised him on.

Comment

• Violent crime has spiked to 20 year highs since Mean Little Mayor Pete Buttitgieg became South Bend, Indiana’s mayor in 2012, reports the Washington Free Beacon.

In other words… The establishment media’s favorite presidential candidate, this so-called “genius,” has been nothing less than a five-alarm disaster for his city and its 100,000 residents.

Data from the South Bend police and “figures on 2018 and the first four months of 2019 [that] were released in the public minutes,” shows violent crime is unlike anything the city has seen prior to 2000.

The first four months of this year saw a slight dip in the violence, but the first four months do not include the summer months, which is when violent crimes usually spike. For example, not included in that number are the first ten days of June when the citizens of South Bend were forced to deal with a shooting a day.

The biggest problems in South Bend during Buttigieg’s tenure have been aggravated assaults and rape, which many blame on Buttigieg’s data driven approach to crime and his decision to “cut its drug unit and traffic bureau cut down the department’s ability to take preventative measures against violent crime.”

Problems between South Bend’s citizens and its police department began with Buttigieg’s lame-brained decision in 2013 to fire his black police chief, Darryl Boykins. The then-29-year-old mayor forced Boykins to resign because the chief was under investigation by the FBI for something he would eventually be cleared of. Boykins eventually rescinded his resignation, so Butitigieg demoted him to a captain, so Boykins turned around and sued the mayor for firing him with “racial animus.”

This racial brouhaha would eventually involve others and the city settled with Boykins and others for $575,000.

To top all of that off, Buttigieg replaced Boykins with a white police chief and just last month bungled another racial controversy, this one involving the shooting of a black man by a white officer.

And so, what we have here is just more proof that Buttigieg is a phony phenom fabricated by an identity politics-obsessed media attracted to Buttigieg only because he’s openly gay, a slick talker, and a Christian who defies God and who speaks of other Christians with the same hatred and bigotry we see from the media.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ete-buttigieg/

But he's an accomplished pianist, so that's gotta count for something, right? He even put it in his resume!

I think we need to start calling him Mayor Dumpster Fire.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He just insinuated that CP (a member of the SBC) is racist in the very post you praised him on.
                  And he called me "dummy" in another post. Not that I care, but if ox wants to praise him for being a model of grace and resistant, he might want to pay a little better attention.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't see that.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And he called me "dummy" in another post. Not that I care, but if ox wants to praise him for being a model of grace and resistant, he might want to pay a little better attention.
                      I was pretty sure that if I complemented him you guys would fuss a bit. But I didn't quite expect a full scale assault! Tassman can thank me later for drawing your fire off of him for a few posts

Jim

Comment

I don't see that.

Jim
                        You haven't been following the conversation.

Comment

I was pretty sure that if I complemented him you guys would fuss a bit. But I didn't quite expect a full scale assault!
                          Jim
                          You call that a full scale assault?
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            This is the guy that put "there are no friends" in his signature because people here don't agree with his assessment of Trump being Hitler 2.0. What do you expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Well you do have a point. You guys can be (and have been) much worse

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                                <AH>

Comment