Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Why so defensive?
    Why so presumptive?

The research indicates ehat it indicates. And it is the opposite of your opinion.

Jum
    So what? I can read a poll or a survey, and I can sit at breakfast 2 to 3 mornings a week for years, with mostly African-Americans, and they tell a different story.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      wow, how many of us do you think were alive in the 1800's Tassy? Same ones huh?
      Same type, Sparko. Use your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        So, how old do you think we are now? Tassman, you are serially saying really stupid stuff. Just stop.
        The one acting stupid is you, CP. You, and Sparko, know what Tass meant but you're making yourselves look stupid pretending that you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Same type, Sparko. Use your head.
          he said, "same ONES"

Learn to read JimL.

Comment

The one acting stupid is you, CP. You, and Sparko, know what Tass meant but you're making yourselves look stupid pretending that you don't.
            You never have to act.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So pointing out Tassy's stupidity is stupid?

But you are a good friend for trying to stick up for him. You go girl.

Comment

he said, "same ONES"

Learn to read JimL.
                We both know what he said Sparko, you apparently, unlike most of us here, couldn't figure out what he meant by that.

Comment

We both know what he said Sparko, you apparently, unlike most of us here, couldn't figure out what he meant by that.
                  And, now, Jimmy thinks he represents "most of us"!

Comment

Then he should say what he meant instead of making the idiotic statement he did.

Comment

Then he should say what he meant instead of making the idiotic statement he did.
                      In his ant-Christian bias, Tassman frequently gets carried away and says stupid stuff he, apparently, doesn't really mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        You do realize that it is in large part to "Evangelical Christianity" and Christianity in general that slavery has been eradicated in the parts of the world where it has influence?
                        People have responded to Tassman on this so often, and so thoroughly that I'm surprised anyone bothers engaging him anymore. I'd be surprised if there hasn't been a month that he hasn't posted some sort of screed against "Evangelicals" and specifically "Southern Baptists" and their connection to slavery. He's obsessed with this argument. And that argument was destroyed well before TWeb's crash.

At it's founding in 1845, the SBC had 350,000 members, approx. 130,000 of whom were black. The growth of the SBC was slow until the turn of the century.

Perhaps ironically, the largest denomination in the slave-holding South was the Methodist Episcopal Church, which also split over slavery, with the Methodist Episcopal Church, South claiming in 1859 511,601 whites and 197,000 blacks (mostly slaves) and 4,200 Native Americans. And contrary to Tassman's repeated claims, 19th century Evangelicals often spearheaded abolitionist movements. The Evangelical/Fundamentalist movement that he likely has in mind in his diatribes didn't really take root until the early 20th century.
                        Last edited by Adrift; 07-03-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

What Tassman apparently meant to say isn't a whole lot smarter, given its implications that Evangelical Christians are limited to the area encompassed by the former Confederate States of America.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Why so presumptive?

So what? I can read a poll or a survey, and I can sit at breakfast 2 to 3 mornings a week for years, with mostly African-Americans, and they tell a different story.
                            So what? The research is drawn from a much larger sample.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              People have responded to Tassman on this so often, and so thoroughly that I'm surprised anyone bothers engaging him anymore. I'd be surprised if there hasn't been a month that he hasn't posted some sort of screed against "Evangelicals" and specifically "Southern Baptists" and their connection to slavery. He's obsessed with this argument. And that argument was destroyed well before TWeb's crash.

At it's founding in 1845, the SBC had 350,000 members, approx. 130,000 of whom were black. The growth of the SBC was slow until the turn of the century.

Perhaps ironically, the largest denomination in the slave-holding South was the Methodist Episcopal Church, which also split over slavery, with the Methodist Episcopal Church, South claiming in 1859 511,601 whites and 197,000 blacks (mostly slaves) and 4,200 Native Americans. And contrary to Tassman's repeated claims, 19th century Evangelicals often spearheaded abolitionist movements. The Evangelical/Fundamentalist movement that he likely has in mind in his diatribes didn't really take root until the early 20th century.
                              But, but, but... Southern Baptists are BAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaadddddd!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                So what? The research is drawn from a much larger sample.

Jim
                                So what? I expressed my OPINION!

Hubert

Comment