Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Are you really trying to argue that a culture that explicitly has transgender genders is support for your anti-transgender views?
    No. I have repeatedly stated that "maleness" and "femaleness" rest on male and female sexes. There is no such thing as changing genders. All the Bughis have done is allow for butch girls and effeminate men to call themselves something other than the men and women they really are.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Mr._Truth_Small20210127081253.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    So you would a agree that a biological man, in the end, is not a woman.
    Which end?

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    So you would a agree that a biological man, in the end, is not a woman.
    I said I objected to your transphobia and anti-science positions, so no I would not agree with your statement here.

I said on the narrow issue of women's sporting competitions it appears to be unfair at this point in time to allow trans-people to compete in the women's sporting categories.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    The Bugis people live mainly on Sulawesi and believe in five genders including LGBTI people, with the most important being the bissu. In addition to cisgender males (oroani) and females (makkunrai), there are female men (calalai), male women (calabai) and then the intersex bissu.

As I said, gender cannot be separated from the concepts of male and female.
    Are you really trying to argue that a culture that explicitly has transgender genders is support for your anti-transgender views?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Here is my statement that gave ES the vapors and made him go all xenoglossophobiac....
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Well, then there are the women who are cheated out of honest athletic victories because a biological male is so screwed up in the head that he thinks it's fair to compete against them.
    And, again --- ANYBODY who thinks it's fair for a biological male to compete with biological females is "screwed up on the head".

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    The "transphobic nonsense" is things like "biological male is so screwed up in the head that he thinks it's fair to compete against them".
    So, YOU don't think it's fair for him to compete against women, right? Does that make YOU "transphobic"?

Who, in their right mind, would think it's acceptable for a biological male to compete against in a sport limited to women?

I stand my my statement --- any biological male who thinks it makes sense to compete against women in a sporting event for women is 'screwed up in the head'.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    So, here's yet another area where the loony left has weaponized language to try to avoid actual discussion.

"Phobia" has always meant an irrational fear of something. By coming up with words like "homophobia", and now this nutty "transphobia" -- it's simply an attempt to make 'the other guy' sound unreasonable and fearful, and to shut him up.
    Here's a good example of your apparent dislike for the fact that words can and do change meaning. For example, 'phobia' shows as its second meaning "A strong fear, dislike, or aversion". Consequently talking of people's transphobia and homophobia is perfectly accurate.

I have ZERO fear of a man competing as a woman in an event designed for women because men have an absolute unfair advantage.
    Great. I nowhere said or implied that that is transphobic (although others might; that is up to them).

And there's absolutely nothing "phobic" about stating that.
    Agreed.

The "transphobic nonsense" is things like "biological male is so screwed up in the head that he thinks it's fair to compete against them".

In fact, what's actually NUTTY is that there are people who defend the right of a biological mail to compete in sports events where biological females are at an automatic disadvantage.
    Nothing 'nutty' about it. They disagree with you. That doesn't make them nutty.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

No, as long as he is taking bicycle hormones...
    In seriousness even men taking hormone suppression treatments are still allowed to have levels of testosterone at something like five times higher than that found in actual biological women. And IIRC, at levels that would have disqualified a biological woman from competing.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied

You got a problem with that, Bub?
    No, as long as he is taking bicycle hormones...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You got a problem with that, Bub?

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    Without the transphobic nonsense, your statement is essentially correct.
    So, here's yet another area where the loony left has weaponized language to try to avoid actual discussion.

"Phobia" has always meant an irrational fear of something. By coming up with words like "homophobia", and now this nutty "transphobia" -- it's simply an attempt to make 'the other guy' sound unreasonable and fearful, and to shut him up.

I have ZERO fear of a man competing as a woman in an event designed for women because men have an absolute unfair advantage.
    And there's absolutely nothing "phobic" about stating that.

In fact, what's actually NUTTY is that there are people who defend the right of a biological mail to compete in sports events where biological females are at an automatic disadvantage.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Can you point me to that particular phobia in the DSM-5?
    Nop. Are all phobias listed there?

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied

AND the petty childishness continues....

I accept your apology.
    Now hallucinating? Accepting things that were never offered...sad.

Leave a comment: