Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    Thank you. I'll point out that since I have elsewhere in the thread agreed that it is wrong for transmen to compete against women, it's pretty obvious that the 'transphobic nonsense' I refer to is not that part of his statement, but rather the "a biological man is so screwed up in the head that he thinks it's fair to compete against them" portion. In fact I state in that post that his statement is "essentially correct".

I nowhere called him transphobic for stating that transmen should not compete against CIS women; the claims that I was ignoring what was put right in front of me are wrong.
    You're really straining here - my emphasis was on the notion that "they think it's fair to compete against them" --- which is why I think they must be screwed up in the head. What biological MALE with the physical advantages inherent to them, would think that's fair?

You would be best off just to admit you were wrong, and let it go at that. I'm not sure you have that in you.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Here is the link you were asking for. https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...86#post1232586
    Thank you. I'll point out that since I have elsewhere in the thread agreed that it is wrong for transmen to compete against women, it's pretty obvious that the 'transphobic nonsense' I refer to is not that part of his statement, but rather the "a biological man is so screwed up in the head that he thinks it's fair to compete against them" portion. In fact I state in that post that his statement is "essentially correct".

I nowhere called him transphobic for stating that transmen should not compete against CIS women; the claims that I was ignoring what was put right in front of me are wrong.

And when we are posting here in the threads we are just members, like everyone else, subject to the same rules as everyone else. In fact, we have a rule that unless it can't be helped a mod can't moderate a thread he is involved in. Another mod has to handle any reports.
    A well-intended rule that, I suspect, has little actual effect. But I will not argue it further.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    When I first became a mod I'd strenuously protest against anyone I was debating getting moderated because I didn't want even the perception that they were being "shut down" because I was a mod. In one case someone (I think it was Jorge) pretty much flamed me accusing me of moral turpitude of some sort and I got angry he was modded for it saying that I'm a big boy and can handle being insulted. I think it was OBP who had to explain it as essentially that regardless of whether I could handle it or if it bothered me or not, the rules are in place for everyone to follow regardless who they were addressing. IOW, it isn't always about me (imagine my surprise ) and I wasn't an exception (another shocker).

I still almost never will report such actions addressed toward me but I no longer strenuously object.
    Yeah.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, we will often decline to mod a situation where we are actually involved in the discussion - happens a lot.
    When I first became a mod I'd strenuously protest against anyone I was debating getting moderated because I didn't want even the perception that they were being "shut down" because I was a mod. In one case someone (I think it was Jorge) pretty much flamed me accusing me of moral turpitude of some sort and I got angry he was modded for it saying that I'm a big boy and can handle being insulted. I think it was OBP who had to explain it as essentially that regardless of whether I could handle it or if it bothered me or not, the rules are in place for everyone to follow regardless who they were addressing. IOW, it isn't always about me (imagine my surprise ) and I wasn't an exception (another shocker).

I still almost never will report such actions addressed toward me but I no longer strenuously object.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Here is the link you were asking for. https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...86#post1232586

And when we are posting here in the threads we are just members, like everyone else, subject to the same rules as everyone else. In fact, we have a rule that unless it can't be helped a mod can't moderate a thread he is involved in. Another mod has to handle any reports.
    Yes, we will often decline to mod a situation where we are actually involved in the discussion - happens a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I withdraw everything I said to you; you are right on every point.

I do not (knowingly) debate with admins.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

Don't eat that snow... I'll see myself out.
    And she said, with a tear in her eye
    Watch out where the huskies go,
    And don't you eat that yellow snow

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

We don't get much snow in Texas -- but that's right up there with "don't squat with your spurs on".

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied

And if you see their name in yellow...
    I withdraw everything I said to you; you are right on every point.

I do not (knowingly) debate with admins.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied

Do I detect a sudden cold sweat breaking out?
    No.

I'm feeling generous today and besides I haven't done my one good deed for the month so this will be it. If you see the poster's name in dark blue they are a moderator. If their name is in green they are a Department head. Orange means the Administrator of the site. And red are the owners.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• alaskazimm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I'm feeling generous today and besides I haven't done my one good deed for the month so this will be it. If you see the poster's name in dark blue they are a moderator. If their name is in green they are a Department head. Orange means the Administrator of the site. And red are the owners.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    How do you know that Cow Poke is a mod?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    That would explain a lot. He's parroting the indoctrination he got at school but doesn't have the wherewithal to expand or expound on it so all you get is the broken record routine
    And he reminds me of the goofy little kid pretending not to see another kid he doesn't like.... "I can't see him.. . how do you know he's a mod... what words have been proven wrong....."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I'm beginning to think he must be a young teen -- not many adults can be so incredibly petulant. (that means childishly sulky or bad-tempered, ES)
    That would explain a lot. He's parroting the indoctrination he got at school but doesn't have the wherewithal to expand or expound on it so all you get is the broken record routine

Leave a comment: