Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    False. It's a good example of your apparent dislike for the fact that words can and do change meaning. For example, 'phobia' shows as its second meaning "A strong fear, dislike, or aversion". Consequently talking of people's transphobia and homophobia is perfectly accurate.
    If that's the case then you've been exhibiting a whole bushel full of phobias. At the top of the list, Allodoxaphobia

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I have nowhere accused you of being transphobic for stating that.
    It is EXACTLY what you responded to with your moronic "transphobia" comment....

transpobic.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I give up.
    That'll come back to bite you, I'm sure.

You can keep your transphobia, your made-up positions for people, your strawmen and your childish insults. Welcome to ignore for a while.
    Look who's talking --- that's' all you've been doing is throwing insults and nutty accusations, because, apparently, you can't support your idiotic defense -- you REALLY topped it with that goofy explanation that it's basically OK to cheat women out of legitimate victories because, well.... "trans".

Again, what person, in their right mind, would enter a women's competition, knowing they have a grossly unfair advantage, and cheat women out of the hard work and dedication they put in to legitimately compete for the prize?

What person, in their right mind, could honestly have any real sense of satisfaction from such unsportsmanlike conduct?

When you're done with your little temper tantrum, perhaps you could try answering those legitimate questions.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Ah, and add this nonsense to the pulling the "phobia" card and accusations of hate. Another example of accusing somebody else of something you're doing yourself?
    I give up. You can keep your transphobia, your made-up positions for people, your strawmen and your childish insults. Welcome to ignore for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Why must you resort to such infantile behaviour? Are you incapable of actually discussing an issue with those with whom you disagree without acting like a child?
    Ah, and add this nonsense to the pulling the "phobia" card and accusations of hate. Another example of accusing somebody else of something you're doing yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    This is yet another tactic straight out of the leftist playbook. Accuse someone of hate so that you can dismiss what they say without having to deal with the argument.
    Yup.... pull a "phobia" card, and accuse of hate.... while trying to explain "it is more important to be inclusive to transwomen and treat them as women in every way than it is to prevent them from dominating women's sports".

If that isn't psycho nuttery, what is?

Why would ANY person, trans or not, want to "dominate women's sports" with an unfair physical advantage? Do they lose their MINDS when they "trans"?

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Here is my statement that gave ES the vapors and made him go all xenoglossophobiac....
    Why must you resort to such infantile behaviour? Are you incapable of actually discussing an issue with those with whom you disagree without acting like a child?

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    This is yet another tactic straight out of the leftist playbook. Accuse someone of hate so that you can dismiss what they say without having to deal with the argument.
    False. It's a good example of your apparent dislike for the fact that words can and do change meaning. For example, 'phobia' shows as its second meaning "A strong fear, dislike, or aversion". Consequently talking of people's transphobia and homophobia is perfectly accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Yeah they're not claiming that effeminate men suddenly become women. They're still men. The same with masculine women. They're still women.
    Why would they claim that? It has nothing to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied

In my opinion, any man who competes in a sport against women, not realizing how incredibly unfair that is, is screwed up in the head.

And I think YOU are screwed up in the head for trying to accuse me of being "transphobic" for stating that.

It's just my opinion. Others may differ.
    I have nowhere accused you of being transphobic for stating that.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

So, here's yet another area where the loony left has weaponized language to try to avoid actual discussion.

"Phobia" has always meant an irrational fear of something. By coming up with words like "homophobia", and now this nutty "transphobia" -- it's simply an attempt to make 'the other guy' sound unreasonable and fearful, and to shut him up.

I have ZERO fear of a man competing as a woman in an event designed for women because men have an absolute unfair advantage.
    And there's absolutely nothing "phobic" about stating that.

In fact, what's actually NUTTY is that there are people who defend the right of a biological mail to compete in sports events where biological females are at an automatic disadvantage.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

No. I have repeatedly stated that "maleness" and "femaleness" rest on male and female sexes. There is no such thing as changing genders. All the Bughis have done is allow for butch girls and effeminate men to call themselves something other than the men and women they really are.
    Yeah they're not claiming that effeminate men suddenly become women. They're still men. The same with masculine women. They're still women.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    .....And I'll give you their reasoning - it is more important to be inclusive to transwomen and treat them as women in every way than it is to prevent them from dominating women's sports.
    What a steaming load of horsie poo --- cheat WOMEN out of a victory in a sport for WOMEN so that a man doesn't get his feelings hurt.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    And you are wrong. Disagreeing with you does not make someone 'screwed up in the head'.
    In my opinion, any man who competes in a sport against women, not realizing how incredibly unfair that is, is screwed up in the head.

And I think YOU are screwed up in the head for trying to accuse me of being "transphobic" for stating that.

It's just my opinion. Others may differ.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    So, YOU don't think it's fair for him to compete against women, right? Does that make YOU "transphobic"?
    No, I don't. No, it doesn't - IMO. Others' may differ.

Who, in their right mind, would think it's acceptable for a biological male to compete against in a sport limited to women?
    A great many people, with whom I disagree.

I stand my my statement --- any biological male who thinks it makes sense to compete against women in a sporting event for women is 'screwed up in the head'.
    And you are wrong. Disagreeing with you does not make someone 'screwed up in the head'. And I'll give you their reasoning - it is more important to be inclusive to transwomen and treat them as women in every way than it is to prevent them from dominating women's sports. That is an opinion with which I (and you) disagree, but to claim that anybody who agrees with it is 'screwed up in the head' is ridiculous.

Leave a comment: