Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And dancing is nothing more than a horizontal expression of a vertical intent
    That's what Mom always said!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think you have that backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Well, yeah, but it was Rogue... my brain automatically reversed the....
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's not entirely impossible.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

NO, MOM!!!! GROSS!!!!

<action>Jr. High guacamole stomps upstairs. </action>
            "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
            Hear my cry, hear my shout,
            Save me, save me"

Comment

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

What the hell, why not...

Ex-transgender man, 33, who now identifies as an 'agender ALIEN' reveals they have had their nipples and eyebrows REMOVED to look 'less human'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...der-alien.html
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Ex-transgender man, 33, who now identifies as an 'agender ALIEN' reveals they have had their nipples and eyebrows REMOVED to look 'less human'

Yep, yep, yep. perfectly sane. yep. yep. Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

A brave ma... er, alien, who's courage should be lauded and celebrated

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A friend of the family had his nipples removed (by my cousin, who's a doctor specializing in breast cancer) because when he ran, they'd be rubbed raw by his shirt.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        A friend of the family had his nipples removed (by my cousin, who's a doctor specializing in breast cancer) because when he ran, they'd be rubbed raw by his shirt.
                        Bit different from having them removed to make you less human

Comment

Source: https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/25/male-runners-continue-dominating-girls-high-school-track-in-connecticut/

High school juniors Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood took first and second place in the state open indoor track championships Feb. 16, The Associated Press noted in a report Sunday. Both Miller and Yearwood are biological males who identify as transgender girls.

One of their competitors, high school junior Selina Soule, told The Associated Press it was unfair to force female runners to compete against male runners.

“We all know the outcome of the race before it even starts; it’s demoralizing,” said Soule. “I fully support and am happy for these athletes for being true to themselves. They should have the right to express themselves in school, but athletics have always had extra rules to keep the competition fair.”

Miller is the third-fastest runner in the country in the girls’ 55-meter dash. Yearwood is close behind, tied for seventh nationally.

Miller and Yearwood’s success is just the latest instance of male athletes who identify as transgender excelling in women’s sports.

Miller and Yearwood easily outpaced female runners in the state in 2018 as well, when both were sophomores.

A sympathetic segment on ABC’s “Good Morning America” in June 2018 described the two runners as “dominating the competition” at the outdoor state championships earlier that month.

In that interview, Miller argued that female runners should work harder, rather than complaining about unfairness, when forced to compete against male athletes who identify as transgender.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Source: https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/25/male-runners-continue-dominating-girls-high-school-track-in-connecticut/

High school juniors Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood took first and second place in the state open indoor track championships Feb. 16, The Associated Press noted in a report Sunday. Both Miller and Yearwood are biological males who identify as transgender girls.

One of their competitors, high school junior Selina Soule, told The Associated Press it was unfair to force female runners to compete against male runners.

“We all know the outcome of the race before it even starts; it’s demoralizing,” said Soule. “I fully support and am happy for these athletes for being true to themselves. They should have the right to express themselves in school, but athletics have always had extra rules to keep the competition fair.”

Miller is the third-fastest runner in the country in the girls’ 55-meter dash. Yearwood is close behind, tied for seventh nationally.

Miller and Yearwood’s success is just the latest instance of male athletes who identify as transgender excelling in women’s sports.

Miller and Yearwood easily outpaced female runners in the state in 2018 as well, when both were sophomores.

A sympathetic segment on ABC’s “Good Morning America” in June 2018 described the two runners as “dominating the competition” at the outdoor state championships earlier that month.

In that interview, Miller argued that female runners should work harder, rather than complaining about unfairness, when forced to compete against male athletes who identify as transgender.

Pretty much insanity. The young ladies are correct. The end result of this - if enough guys decide they'd rather be winners than 'male' - will be the destruction of women's sports. I can tell you as much as I actually prefer women's tennis over men's (the lack of power in the serve means the volleys are the more important aspect of the game) I won't be watching women's tennis matches between guys that can't make it on the men's pro tour.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Pretty much insanity. The young ladies are correct. The end result of this - if enough guys decide they'd rather be winners than 'male' - will be the destruction of women's sports. I can tell you as much as I actually prefer women's tennis over men's (the lack of power in the serve means the volleys are the more important aspect of the game) I won't be watching women's tennis matches between guys that can't make it on the men's pro tour.

Jim
                              Right now they are pretty much picking on high schools and college sports. Wait until they start with something like women's professional tennis, or the WNBA.

Comment

From across the pond:

Source: FURY AS EX-OLYMPIAN SHARRON DAVIES SAYS TRANS WOMEN SHOULD NOT COMPETE IN WOMEN'S SPORT

Some have called for Davies to be stripped of her MBE

Former Olympian Sharron Davies MBE has been accused of “fuelling hate” after saying that transgender women should not be allowed to compete in female sport.

The competitive swimmer, who won a swimming silver at the 1980 Olympics in Moscow and two Commonwealth golds, said that her comments were not transphobic and claimed she had spoken to many other female athletes who “feel the same way”.

“I have nothing against anyone who wishes 2be transgender [sic]”, Davies wrote on Twitter.

“However I believe there is a fundamental difference between the binary sex u r born with & the gender u may identify as.

The tweet has since received more than 22,000 likes and 3,000 retweets.

The 56-year-old’s comments were supported by many, including Olympic track winner Sally Gunnell, gold medallist boxer Nicola Adams OBE and gold middle distance athlete Dame Kelly Holmes.

However, others criticised Davies, with some even calling for her to be stripped of her MBE.

“Well done Sharon, fuel the hate!,” one person wrote.

“No one chooses to be Transgender. You have no idea about what it is like to be TG. Shame on you! StriptheMBE.”

Another commented: “The use of the word “wishes” suggests you might have fundamentally misunderstood a key aspect of this issue.”

A third person added: “Absolutely heartbreaking to see UK sport stars coming out as transphobic.

“You don’t see trans women as women, you are also supporting transphobic hate groups. Heartbreaking.”

Davies has since defended her comments, claiming that she’s not the only female athlete who feels this way.

“It is not a transphobic thing - I really want to say we have no issue with people who are transgender,“ she told the BBC.

”Every single woman athlete I've spoken to, and I have spoken to many, all of my friends in international sports, understand and feel the same way as me.

“Unfortunately, a lot of people who are in the races [now] are in a very difficult predicament when they can't speak out. It maybe falls to the people who were competing [in the past] who would understand the predicament that is being faced at the moment to try to create a debate, and try to explain how we feel there needs to be a fair and level playing field.”

The debate comes just weeks after 18-time tennis Grand Slam singles champion Martina Navratilova said it was “cheating” to allow transgender women to compete in female sporting competitions because they had unfair physical advantages.

“I am happy to address a transgender woman in whatever form she prefers, but I would not be happy to compete against her. It would not be fair,” Navratilova wrote in The Sunday Times.

“To put the argument at its most basic: a man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organisation is concerned, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies if he so desires.

“It’s insane and it’s cheating.”

A spokesperson for the Stonewall charity said: “Sport should be welcoming to everyone, including trans people. We need clubs and governing bodies, as the experts, to consider how their sports’ individual policies can work to be as inclusive as possible, and what advice and guidance they’re giving to ensure all people, including trans people, can take part in sport.”

Source

The MBE is the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, a grade within the British order of chivalry, that rewards contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the civil service.

It always fascinating to watch those who call for tolerance reveal that they are some of the most intolerant people out there.

Comment