Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brexit vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    One commentator described May's proposal as a turd rolled in glitter.
    That was probably the best deal they were going to get. It seems impossible to leave the EU without a hard border either in Ireland or in the Irish Sea. There is a small chance now that Brexit will be abandoned. Although the politicians argue that the referendum result must be delivered, it is also true that the public were not adequately briefed about the issues at stake when they voted.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    One commentator described May's proposal as a turd rolled in glitter.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    It was a smaller defeat than the last time- the worst defeat in UK history. This one now counts as third, the second being some time in the 1020s I think. 2/3 for record breaking defeats in parliament isn't bad I suppose...
    So, whatcha think's gonna happen? And whatcha think NEEDS to happen?

Leave a comment:

• EvoUK
    replied
    It was a smaller defeat than the last time- the worst defeat in UK history. This one now counts as third, the second being some time in the 1020s I think. 2/3 for record breaking defeats in parliament isn't bad I suppose...

Leave a comment:

• kiwimac
    replied
    This is what happens when politicians lie to get a desired result. Farage lied, Johnson lied, Gove etc. They all carry the blame for the situation in which Britain currently finds itself.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Brexit failed again...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ain/ar-BBUGSrw

Prime Minister Theresa May's EU withdrawal deal has been rejected by MPs for a second time, throwing her Brexit strategy into further confusion.

MPs voted down her deal by 391 to 242 - a smaller defeat than when they rejected it in January.

The PM said MPs will now get a vote on whether the UK should leave without a deal on 29 March and, if that fails, on whether Brexit should be delayed.

She said the EU would need to know what use any extension would be put to.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said the prime minister should now call a general election. She had earlier warned MPs that if they did not back her "improved deal" they risked "no Brexit at all".

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    On Tuesday, there will be a full day debate followed by a final vote on May’s deal. It is currently expected to be rejected, in which case votes on the following days will seek to clarify the way forwards.

They should have hired Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    As an army brat, every time I see MP's I think "Military Police"

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    So far, a total of 11 MP’s from the Labour Party and the Conservative Party are standing together on the centre ground of politics, fed up with anti-semitism in the Labour Party, and no-deal Brexiteers in the Conservative Party. There is no new Party at this point. Some people are calling for By-Elections.

The craziness is getting well out of hand.
    Interesting. It's been reported over here that they were forming a new party, with a platform and everything.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think you should call them up and offer to get this thing back on track.
    I probably should do exactly that, but I am somewhat distracted by the worry that if break dancing became an Olympic sport it would loose a degree of authenticity.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    So far, a total of 11 MP’s from the Labour Party and the Conservative Party are standing together on the centre ground of politics, fed up with anti-semitism in the Labour Party, and no-deal Brexiteers in the Conservative Party. There is no new Party at this point. Some people are calling for By-Elections.

I think you should call them up and offer to get this thing back on track.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Any comments from across the pond on the Brexit-spawned new party?

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Any comments from across the pond on the Brexit-spawned new party?

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jake might share his crib.
    That’s not a bad offer, CP, thanks. They say that beggars can’t be choosers.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    If the UK goes belly up, can I come and live with you?
    Jake might share his crib.

Leave a comment: