Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brexit vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Well, at least it’s a “version”.
    So was "I did not have sekshule relations with that woman..."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Well, at least it’s a “version”. Better than the mushroom treatment you get. There’s a lot going on and I can’t be telling you everything. Whatever it is you listen to, I think you need to give it up.
      They can still apply for deferments - where's the beef?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        They can still apply for deferments - where's the beef?
        Certainly not HERE....

impossible whopper.jpg
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• The government has said a bill to stop a no-deal Brexit will complete its passage through the Lords on Friday.
            The proposed legislation was passed by MPs on Wednesday, inflicting a defeat on Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
            There were claims pro-Brexit peers could deliberately hold up the bill so it could not get royal assent before Parliament is prorogued next week.
            But the Conservative chief whip in the Lords announced a breakthrough in the early hours after talks with Labour.
            All aimed at preventing a no-deal Brexit.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Er, I'm not at all sure (UK constitution being as inscrutable as ever) but I think Johnson may have just screwed over parliament but royally. If I understood the amendment correctly, parliament may have just stuck itself with May's deal. If so, Johnson gets his exit, with deal, and rids his party of a lot of dead weight. Then gets the election he seems to want, with the brexit party sidelined.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Er, I'm not at all sure (UK constitution being as inscrutable as ever) but I think Johnson may have just screwed over parliament but royally. If I understood the amendment correctly, parliament may have just stuck itself with May's deal. If so, Johnson gets his exit, with deal, and rids his party of a lot of dead weight. Then gets the election he seems to want, with the brexit party sidelined.

It is true that nobody has been able to improve on May’s deal. A no-deal Brexit is considered by most to be extremely unsatisfactory. What remains of the Conservative Party is hideously right wing and they may have made themselves unelectable. We might see a Labour-Lib.Dems coalition emerge to unify the country again.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• No exactly what I was getting at - there was a specific amendment passed yesterday. Eh, let me look it up and get back to you.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Certainly not HERE....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39541[/ATTACH]
                    I tried one the other day. It is a reasonable facsimile of meat, but not great quality meat.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I tried one the other day. It is a reasonable facsimile of meat, but not great quality meat.
                      What a ringing endorsement "Reasonable facsimile."

I realize you probably weren't endorsing per se. I'm just saying that nobody would use that descriptive quote in an advertising campaign.

Well, except maybe in satire. I could see the old Futurama cartoon having a billboard with that slogan next to a head shot of someone trying to fake a smile and a desperate pleading look in the eyes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I appreciate the review - not compelled at this point to attempt this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          What a ringing endorsement "Reasonable facsimile."

I realize you probably weren't endorsing per se. I'm just saying that nobody would use that descriptive quote in an advertising campaign.

Well, except maybe in satire. I could see the old Futurama cartoon having a billboard with that slogan next to a head shot of someone trying to fake a smile and a desperate pleading look in the eyes.
                          Bachelor Chow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I appreciate the review - not compelled at this point to attempt this.
                            The Feef (fake beef) could be tainted with nanobots planted by Vegan borgs.

We need to keep an eye out on brother Piggy. Make sure he doesn't start ranting about saving the planet and "meat is murder" and needing a safe space. If he starts promoting facon, we need to put him out of his misery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              The Feef (fake beef) could be tainted with nanobots planted by Vegan borgs.

We need to keep an eye out on brother Piggy. Make sure he doesn't start ranting about saving the planet and "meat is murder" and needing a safe space. If he starts promoting facon, we need to put him out of his misery.
                              I've been doing the part-time vegan thing for 11 years now.

I'm not even a big fan of actual bacon. Why would I bother with a worse substitute?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I've been doing the part-time vegan thing for 11 years now.

I'm not even a big fan of actual bacon. Why would I bother with a worse substitute?
                                It's happening folks! I warned you!!!

Get out your pitchforks!

Comment