Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and Lying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    So now that Clinton's gone, if Trump is the nominee again for the Republicans, you'll happily vote for whichever Dem nominee is against him?
    Happily? No. And it will depend on who they nominate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I think Senators Bob Casey, Jr. and Joe Manchin both still identify as pro-life. I don't think WV would elect a non-conservative Democrat.
      Manchin appears to give the pro-life position lip service but that is all. He has proclaimed that he "stands with Planned Parenthood," the nation's biggest abortion provider (he even posed with a sign saying that

And a couple months ago declared he would vote against a proposed amendment to West Virginia's constitution that merely says:

Nothing in this Constitution secures or protects a right to abortion or requires the funding of abortion.

He said he would do so because he didn't want to ban abortions in the cases of rape or incest but the amendment in no way, shape or form bans any type of abortion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        It could end up being the only chance an independent could actually win an election. People could be so sick of both parties they decide to vote for an independent this time.
        I'm actually pretty much there.... If there were even a snowball's chance, I'd vote for an independent.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          So now that Clinton's gone, if Trump is the nominee again for the Republicans, you'll happily vote for whichever Dem nominee is against him?
          That is such an ignorant question.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It could end up being the only chance an independent could actually win an election. People could be so sick of both parties they decide to vote for an independent this time.
            I sincerely doubt it. Politics in the U.S. has become primarily tribal. Note your own multiple posts indicating you are voting straight Republican and refuse to vote for any Democrat. You are no longer looking at individuals and issues - you are looking at parties and platforms.

Most of the U.S. is now apparently operating much as you are - on both sides of the political divide.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Curiously, Trump is so despised by both parties that he's effectively an independent.
              Oh horse hockey, MM. Trump's approval rating among Republicans dropped to a low of 77% in December of 2017 (when his overall approval rating was at it's lowest. It has been in the 80s and 90s for all of 2018 and currently sits at around 89%. Trump is more beloved by Republicans than Reagan ever was.

Your statement is simply not backed by the available data.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                I sincerely doubt it. Politics in the U.S. has become primarily tribal. Note your own multiple posts indicating you are voting straight Republican and refuse to vote for any Democrat. You are no longer looking at individuals and issues - you are looking at parties and platforms.

Most of the U.S. is now apparently operating much as you are - on both sides of the political divide.
                Well I do consider myself a leader among the people. They often follow what I do. Many times I will say something on Tweb only to find Trump tweeting the same thing a few days later.

Comment

Well I do consider myself a leader among the people. They often follow what I do. Many times I will say something on Tweb only to find Trump tweeting the same thing a few days later.
                  To that I have no response except...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The fact is that the evidence showed that Hillary was just as much if not more of an immoral liar and it looked like she was, through the Clinton Foundation, setting up a pay-for-play Administration.
                    You shouldn't have payed so much attention to the National Enquirer. "Here’s a look at how 35 covers built an over-the-top narrative of the dangers of a Hillary Clinton presidency and the benefits of a Trump one. Could decent Americans vote for a lying, dying, criminally minded candidate?"

https://qz.com/1369399/david-peckers...to-help-trump/

Not to mention the Russian-influenced social media attacks on Hillary so as to boost their man Trump.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      You shouldn't have payed so much attention to the National Enquirer. "Here’s a look at how 35 covers built an over-the-top narrative of the dangers of a Hillary Clinton presidency and the benefits of a Trump one. Could decent Americans vote for a lying, dying, criminally minded candidate?"

https://qz.com/1369399/david-peckers...to-help-trump/

Not to mention the Russian-influenced social media attacks on Hillary so as to boost their man Trump.
                      The National inquirer and their radio and television counterparts, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and the like. These propagandists and Trump supporters are every bit as much the traitors than is Trump himself. I'd say the same about those who listen and believe those treasonous big mouths, but I think it's more of a stupidity thing on their part, at least for the great majority of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        I'd say the same about those who listen and believe those treasonous big mouths, but I think it's more of a stupidity thing on their part, at least for the great majority of them.
                        Awesome unintended irony is awesome. Don't go changin', Jim.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It appears Trump has had an alernative take on truth in this context as well. Talking about his desire to build a wall Trump said:

"This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me," Trump said. "And they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it."
                          However, it appears, none of the living former presidents have said what Trump claims they have said. There is not a single one of them who is willing to confirm to having said it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/07/p...all/index.html
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            It appears Trump has had an alernative take on truth in this context as well. Talking about his desire to build a wall Trump said:

However, it appears, none of the living former presidents have said what Trump claims they have said. There is not a single one of them who is willing to confirm to having said it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/07/p...all/index.html
                            How do you know that he doesn't have a medium who gave him access to dead presidents, who told him that in a seance?

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              How do you know that he doesn't have a medium who gave him access to dead presidents, who told him that in a seance?
                              Because I have that medium and all the dead presidents told me they had not said it either. But they found it funny that you brought up the idea. One of them - who will remain unnamed - brought up the idea about building a wall around Trump only.
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                Because I have that medium and all the dead presidents told me they had not said it either. But they found it funny that you brought up the idea. One of them - who will remain unnamed - brought up the idea about building a wall around Trump only.
                                With iron bars on it I hope. Or better yet, steel slats!

Comment