Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News & Election Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did we find out that the allegations against Roy Moore were lies? Genuine question. I may have missed something.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      When did we find out that the allegations against Roy Moore were lies? Genuine question. I may have missed something.
      Like the point?

The left is constantly putting themselves forth as our guardians against illegal interference in our elections[1] but engaged in the exact sort of tampering that the Russians were accused of, yet the left has resolutely remained silent. Further, the MSM found out what they were doing and also remained silent.

Seems that both of them are only interested in election tampering if they think it was detrimental to their side but have no problem whatsoever with it if it benefits them.

1. while championing the idea of non-citizens voting in our elections -- but that's another story.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        I don't like election fraud. However, I also am not ok with electing someone who has accusations of being a pedophile. At the time you made this post, I had been dealing with some issues in my own life and only recently started becoming more active again so I will need to research this before making a comment. That said, I don't actually represent the far left.
        This was originally directed at posters along the lines of Tassman, JimL, starlight, carpe and Charles.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Like the point?.
          Wut? Did someone recant their testimony about Judge Moore or not? Is this that hard of a question to answer?
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
            Wut? Did someone recant their testimony about Judge Moore or not? Is this that hard of a question to answer?
            Is there a reason you're trying to derail this?

This thread is about the left's apparent lack of concern about election interference when that interference benefits them.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Source: A NY Times Reporter Spoke At An Event Organized By Alabama Dirty Tricksters

New York Times reporter Scott Shane spoke at an event organized by the group who ran a disinformation op aimed at helping defeat Roy Moore in Alabama.

Last week the New York Times revealed that money from tech billionaire Reid Hoffman was used to run a small disinformation “experiment” aimed at helping Democrat Doug Jones win last year’s Alabama special Senate election. That resulted in Facebook suspending five accounts and Hoffman issuing an apology.

But left unmentioned in the Times story was that one of its authors learned about the Alabama campaign when he spoke at an off-the-record meeting organized by the same group who ran the operation. A copy of a confidential report about the Alabama effort, obtained by BuzzFeed News, raises new questions about whether the project was — as the Times said — an “experiment,” or whether it was a straightforward Democratic attempt to replicate the model of the Russian Internet Research Agency.

Scott Shane, a Pulitzer Prize–winning New York Times national security reporter, was one of a handful of speakers at a meeting held in Washington in early September by American Engagement Technologies, according to an agenda obtained by BuzzFeed News. AET is run by Mikey Dickerson, who previously served in the Obama administration. The organization received $750,000 in funding that originated with Hoffman and spent approximately $100,000 of that on what was dubbed “Project Birmingham.”

During the meeting, Dickerson and Sara Hudson, a former Justice Department employee who now works for a company partly funded by Hoffman, detailed the results of their attempt to use social media and online ads to suppress Republican votes, “enrage” Democratic voters to help with turnout, and execute a “false flag” to hurt the campaign of Republican Roy Moore.

Shane told BuzzFeed News he did not know anything about Project Birmingham prior to accepting an invitation to speak about Russian disinformation at the AET event.

“It was basically a bunch of people getting together to talk about disinformation,” he said. “Part of the reason I agreed to speak, and somewhat reluctantly sign the NDA, is I was told by the organizer that I could follow up with any of the people on any of the projects after the meeting.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Raise your hand if you believe that this top New York Times reporter would have kept this "experiment" a secret if it were a conservative group doing it. For those of you who raised your hand I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale real cheap.
              smiley waiting-impatient.gif

Comment