Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President Obama's Foreign Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama's Foreign Policy

Winston Churchill spoke the following about Neville Chamberlin after the latter's death:

It fell to Neville Chamberlain in one of the supreme crises of the world to be contradicted by events, to be disappointed in his hopes, and to be deceived and cheated by a wicked man. But what were these hopes in which he was disappointed? What were these wishes in which he was frustrated? What was that faith that was abused? They were surely among the most noble and benevolent instincts of the human heart-the love of peace, the toil for peace, the strife for peace, the pursuit of peace, even at great peril, and certainly to the utter disdain of popularity or clamor.
    I think at least in part this is applicable to President Obama - except for the last 10 words.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

I'll say it again --- Obama makes Jimmy Carter look like a foreign policy GENIUS.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      Winston Churchill spoke the following about Neville Chamberlin after the latter's death:

I think at least in part this is applicable to President Obama - except for the last 10 words.
      I think Obama is one of the wicked men doing the deceiving, not one being deceived by anyone. He only wants to harm America.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I'll say it again --- Obama makes Jimmy Carter look like a foreign policy GENIUS.
        I was watching a news program yesterday and it did bring a question up in my mind.

Why did it take so long for our enemies to figure this out?
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I was watching a news program yesterday and it did bring a question up in my mind.

The actual troops in place tend to discourage action until they could be sure that those in charge of deploying them would sit on their hands.

Comment

I don't think it took long at all for them to figure it out -- I think they began plotting their moves as soon as they began to see Obama's "leadership from behind" style.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

From our friends across the Pond....

Source: UK Telegraph

President Barack Obama's national security flops just keep coming.

A strange obsession with setting out his national security agenda is backfiring for President Barack Obama

The US leader President Barack Obama tried again this week to hit the reset button on his reputation as America’s guardian of national security.

While the issue plagues his poll ratings and his many speeches crowd out other more fruitful areas for a Democratic president, there he was again on Wednesday at West Point, outlining his foreign policy strategy.

The reception for the speech was dire.

The Washington Post declared that he had “marshaled a virtual corps of straw men,” in making an argument for an “Obama doctrine” that was at odds with every US president since the Second World War.

Aside from the very serious real-world consequences, Obama’s foreign policy failure also has serious political consequences.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Obama's foreign policy failure is all Bush's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                  Obama's foreign policy failure is all Bush's fault.
                  Without a doubt. But Obama takes full responsibility, while blaming everybody else, and not firing anybody.

Comment

Please forgive how basic this question is, but how does Obama's foreign policy differ much from Bush other than the absence of fear being shoved down our throats? Or perhaps what are the strongest differences?
                    Last edited by Ana Dragule; 05-31-2014, 09:01 PM.
                    I am become death...

Comment

Wait. . . You mean Obama HAS a foreign policy?

Aside from reading the newspaper to find out what's going on.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Anastasia Dragule View Post
                        Please forgive how basic this question is, but how does Obama's foreign policy differ much from Bush other than the absence of fear being shoved down our throats? Or perhaps what are the strongest differences?
                        Click the link in Post #7 -- it goes into that.

Comment

So, it turns out Obama's foreign policy is "Don't do stupid [stuff]." If only he actually followed it. . . .
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Anastasia Dragule View Post
                            Obama inherited the commitments, but wasn't actually going to keep or enforce any of them. It simply took a while for the rest of the world to get both the picture and the courage to move on his lack of convictions.

Comment

Does anybody still think Obama's foreign policy is working well?

Comment