Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Now we have a man telling Senate investigators that he had a consensual encounter with Ford similar to her "recovered" memories about Justice Kavanaugh.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...similar-claim/

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Did you actually READ your cites? Here, lemme help you --- I'll bold some of it for your benefit...

[box]“Our supplemental update to the previous background investigation was limited in scope and that is consistent with the standard process for such investigations going back quite a long ways,” Wray said, explaining that background check investigations are not like criminal ones.

As is standard, the investigation was very specific in scope, limited in scope and that is the usual process,” Wray said, adding, “And my folks have assured me that the usual process was followed.”
    Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
    They were “limited” by the WH. This is not in question.

“FBI chief confirms investigation into Brett Kavanaugh was ‘limited in scope’ by the White House”. “Trump orders a 'limited scope' FBI investigation into Kavanaugh allegations”.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...he-white-house

This may be standard, routine procedure during normal FBI investigations of a nominee’s background, but this was not a "standard, routine" investigation. It was an extraordinary investigation. There were left unresolved, thanks to the WH, many questions which required answers. Dozens of others named by the accusers Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez" were bypassed. It seems that Trump and the likes of you just didn’t want to know.
    Last edited by Tassman; 11-05-2018, 01:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And how many times just in this thread were we solemnly informed that for all practical purposes this sort of stuff doesn't happen and we should always default to automatically believing the accuser?
    I think context matters for that. If a friend or family member with a history of being reliable told me something happened, I wouldn't hesitate to believe them. When the context is high profile people or a politically charged context, caution is justified.

(That's similar to a point Mike Licona made in his book on the resurrection of Jesus. He said that he doesn't pay an attention to people who claim to have seen extraterrestrials, but if his wife told him she had seen something, he would have to at the very least take it seriously.)

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    And, once again, as liberals were rushing to believe any and all accusations against Kavanaugh....

Kavanaugh Accuser Admits She Fabricated Allegations as a ‘Ploy’ for ‘Attention’

...She admitted to investigators that her story was a “tactic” and “that was just a ploy.”

“No, no, no. I did that as a way to grab attention,” she told investigators. “I am not Jane Doe . . . but I did read Jane Doe’s letter. I read the transcript of the call to your Committee. . . . I saw it online. It was news.”

“I was angry, and I sent it out,” she said of her email to the committee describing the allegations.

“Oh, Lord no,” she responded on whether she has ever met Kavanaugh....
    And how many times just in this thread were we solemnly informed that for all practical purposes this sort of stuff doesn't happen and we should always default to automatically believing the accuser?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    I believe there are criminal referrals in the works... hadn't heard much on that lately. I do believe there needs to be some consequences.
    Agreed.

There's of course a difference between an accusation that can't be proved and an accusation that is definitely false. I don't want women to be afraid to come forward to report actual incidents, but if there's indisputable evidence it was made up, that's a different story.

Leave a comment: