Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Is this the same as Trump's go-to phrase: "A lot of people are saying" when he is making stuff up...like most of the time?
    Is this your way of conceding that your source is full of baloney?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      And the Democrats announced they were going to torpedo Kav even before the hearings started - they had no interest whatsoever in the truth - just stop Kav at all costs.
      Some liberals were announcing strident opposition to whoever was picked before anyone was picked regardless of who was picked.

For instance, as this headline in the Drudge Report demonstrates: ABC's Nightline Blasts 'Controversial' Nominee Before He’s Even Announced!

Not to be outdone, Sen. Bob Casey (D-Penn.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)[1] announced that they opposed Trump's pick without knowing who he had selected and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced her pre-opposition in a fund raising letter.

And then there was the group that organized the Women's March which released their official statement on Kavanaugh's nomination but where his name should be there was instead "xx" indicating that the response was already written but forgot to fill in the name when it was announced and that it didn't matter who was nominated since they were going to say the same thing about whoever it was.

Later on they got around to updating it

Still pushing the falsehood exposed by Nathanson years ago as a deliberate lie[2] although they're not claiming "millions" like Terry McAuliffe is

And another one where they simply put in another name to a pre-written generic rant (apparently they thought it was gonna be Barrett since Kavanaugh is a "she")

2. And almost immediately after Kavanaugh was named Schumer announced he would oppose the nomination "with everything I got" demonstrating that his demands for an unprecedented amount of documents from him was nothing but a show and a sham since his mind was already made up.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Bernard Nathanson, co-founder in 1969 of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL) and one time director of New York City’s Center for Reproductive and Sexual Health (who later found God and became a very vocal Pro-Life supporter) exposed how the pro-abortion movement deliberately fabricated statistics concerning the number of deaths linked to illegal abortions in order to garner support for legalizing abortion. He confessed that he and his fellow travelers constantly fed the media the lie that 10,000 women a year died as a result of botched illegal abortion when in fact it was but a tiny fraction of that (in 1972, the year prior to Roe v. Wade, 28 deaths were reported from illegal abortions). The MSM dutifully and uncritically regurgitated these numbers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Don't make crazy stuff up.
        You should try practicing what you preach, bro.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Don't make crazy stuff up.
          CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Is this your way of conceding that your source is full of baloney?
            It's my way of saying, quite justifiably, that Trump is notoriously guilty of exactly what you are falsely attributing to MSM. The educated refer to this as "projection" but, given the demographic of the typical Trump voter, you wouldn't know about this.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Some liberals were announcing strident opposition to whoever was picked before anyone was picked regardless of who was picked.

And almost immediately after Kavanaugh was named Schumer announced he would oppose the nomination "with everything I got" demonstrating that his demands for an unprecedented amount of documents from him was nothing but a show and a sham since his mind was already made up.
              Typical rogue paranoid rant snipped.

What about what Mitch McConnell did to Merrick Garland, which all the Cons thought was so clever...and threatened to do to ANY Obama nomination on totally spurious grounds? No wonder you are paranoid, you feel guilty at the unethical partisan shenanigans perpetrated by your lot.

But those against yet another conservative Justice...on the grounds of justified fear that Roe v Wade and Gay rights would be overturned...found that they had even more legitimate reasons to oppose Kavanaugh than they initially thought. These included unresolved accusations against him by numerous women, the suspicion of his lying before the Senate Committee and nearly 1,000 law professors protesting Kavanaugh’s lack of judicial temperament.

The enquiry into all of these thing was limited under Trump's orders to get Kavanaugh appointed come what may, for purely political reasons...namely to keep his shrinking base on side.
              Last edited by Tassman; 11-15-2018, 11:54 PM.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Typical rogue paranoid rant snipped.

What about what Mitch McConnell did to Merrick Garland, which all the Cons thought was so clever...and threatened to do to ANY Obama nomination on totally spurious grounds? No wonder you are paranoid, you feel guilty at the unethical partisan shenanigans perpetrated by your lot.
                FTR, I don't have any problems with what Mitch did there. But if there's a SCOTUS vacancy in 2020 and he reverses course, I will object.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                  It's my way of saying, quite justifiably, that Trump is notoriously guilty of exactly what you are falsely attributing to MSM. The educated refer to this as "projection" but, given the demographic of the typical Trump voter, you wouldn't know about this.
                  I'm not sure what you're talking about, and I'm not certain you do, either. You quoted a source and even highlighted the sentence that said "reports surfaced that blah blah blah" even though that doesn't tell us anything about the veracity of the reports, their content, or who made them, yet you were easily fooled into thinking it was somehow a significant detail.

Comment

• Citing Need To 'Believe All Women,' Avenatti Immediately Pleads Guilty To Domestic Violence Charges

LOS ANGELES, CA—Citing his deeply held conviction that we should "believe all women," lawyer and advocate for oppressed females Michael Avenatti immediately plead guilty to domestic violence charges after being arrested by the LAPD Wednesday evening.

"We should believe all women, and not just when it's politically expedient," he said in a somber statement outside an LAPD station. "I would like to deny these charges and call them a vicious attack on my political career, but I can't in good conscience do that. That would be totally inconsistent with my rhetoric over the past year. Instead, I will immediately plead guilty."

Avenatti also requested that the judge grant him the maximum possible sentence. He even asked for the death penalty, but was disappointed to discover that such a punishment is not typically administered for domestic violence crimes. He vowed to change that, however: "I will spend all of my hopefully lengthy sentence behind bars fighting to get the death penalty approved for my case and countless other people who have abused women."

"I am an advocate for women, after all," he concluded to applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Citing Need To 'Believe All Women,' Avenatti Immediately Pleads Guilty To Domestic Violence Charges

LOS ANGELES, CA—Citing his deeply held conviction that we should "believe all women," lawyer and advocate for oppressed females Michael Avenatti immediately plead guilty to domestic violence charges after being arrested by the LAPD Wednesday evening.

"We should believe all women, and not just when it's politically expedient," he said in a somber statement outside an LAPD station. "I would like to deny these charges and call them a vicious attack on my political career, but I can't in good conscience do that. That would be totally inconsistent with my rhetoric over the past year. Instead, I will immediately plead guilty."

Avenatti also requested that the judge grant him the maximum possible sentence. He even asked for the death penalty, but was disappointed to discover that such a punishment is not typically administered for domestic violence crimes. He vowed to change that, however: "I will spend all of my hopefully lengthy sentence behind bars fighting to get the death penalty approved for my case and countless other people who have abused women."

"I am an advocate for women, after all," he concluded to applause.
                      And then he woke up, trembling, for the horrible nightmare he just experienced.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I'll admit, I almost took that story seriously until I checked the source.

Liberals are so "out there" these days that it's becoming increasingly difficult to satirize them.

Comment

I'll admit, I almost took that story seriously until I checked the source.

Liberals are so "out there" these days that it's becoming increasingly difficult to satirize them.
                          What are you talking about? Babylon Bee is one of the most hard-hitting sources out there.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'll admit, I almost took that story seriously until I checked the source.
                            Rescued by the genetic fallacy.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Rescued by the genetic fallacy.
                              I honestly can't tell if this is humor or ignorance.

Comment

I honestly can't tell if this is humor or ignorance.
                                I thought it was funny.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment