Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Actually, it's the truth lovers club, but not surprising you would not grasp that.
    So tempting....
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Now that's a lie if I ever heard one. You're a Trump supporter, the truth lovers club!
      So, in incorrectly declaring something a lie, you tell an actual lie. Good job.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        Hmm, me thinks I've stumbled into the women haters club?
        You didn't say the password. Get out.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Limited in scope can mean the time limit that was agreed to by the Democrats.
          Probably not given that the Democrats were concerned by the unresolved questions relating to the dozens of others named by the accusers which were simply bypassed. An incomplete enquiry, when some avenues are simply ignored, cannot be considered conclusive.

Interestingly, on top of this, Chief Justice Roberts also seems to have doubts about Kavanaugh’s fitness to sit on the Supreme Court. He has requested the Tenth Circuit to investigate Kavanaugh ethics questions

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevede.../#38e3ed11877c
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            Interestingly, on top of this, Chief Justice Roberts also seems to have doubts about Kavanaugh’s fitness to sit on the Supreme Court. He has requested the Tenth Circuit to investigate Kavanaugh ethics questions

So they're trying to charge Justice Kavanaugh with being justifiably upset that his name was being smeared with malicious lies? And they're trying to claim that this was somehow unethical?

Then there's this line buried at the bottom of the article: "Supreme Court justices are not subject to the misconduct rules governing these claims."

Much ado about nothing...
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-06-2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Probably not given that the Democrats were concerned by the unresolved questions relating to the dozens of others named by the accusers which were simply bypassed. An incomplete enquiry, when some avenues are simply ignored, cannot be considered conclusive.

It says nothing about him doubting anything. It was a procedural letter transferring complaints to the proper venue in response to a request.

https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/intranet/home.nsf/Content/Announcement+-+Letter+from+Chief+Justice+Roberts+Transferring+Ju dicial+Misconduct+Complaints+Filed+Against+Former+ Circuit+Judge+Brett+Kavanaugh+to+the+Tenth+Circuit/$FILE/Ltr%20to%20Chief%20Judge%20Tymkovich%20Oct%2010%20 2018.pdf

Dear Chief Judge Tymkovich:

October 10, 2018

On September 20, 2018, I received a request from the Judicial Council of the
              District of Columbia Circuit, under Rule 26 of the Rules for Judicial-Conduct and
              Judicial-Disability Proceedings, to transfer judicial conduct proceedings captioned In re:
              Judicial Misconduct Complaint, Nos. 18-90029, 18-90034, and 18-90044, to the judicial
              council of another federal judicial circuit.

On September 26, 2018, I received requests to transfer related proceedings Nos.
              18-90043, 18-90055, and 18-90059; on September 28, related proceedings Nos. 18-90060
              and 18-90064; on October 3, related proceeding No. 18-90065; and on October 5, related
              proceedings Nos. 18-90066 through 18-90071.

In response, I have selected the Judicial Council of the United States Court of
              Appeals for the Tenth Circuit to accept the transfer and to exercise the powers of a
              judicial council with respect to the identified complaints and any pending or new
              complaints relating to the same subject matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                So they're trying to charge Justice Kavanaugh with being justifiably upset that his name was being smeared with malicious lies? And they're trying to claim that this was somehow unethical?

Then there's this line buried at the bottom of the article: "Supreme Court justices are not subject to the misconduct rules governing these claims."

Much ado about nothing...
                ...and while there are legitimate cases of judicial misconduct, many of the complaints stem from sore losers.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• So, where are all the liberals demanding that we "believe the women"?

Democrats insist we must “believe women” regardless of the facts, evidence — or lack thereof — when the rest of us smell a rat.

On Friday one of Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s accusers, Judy Munro Leighton — a left-wing activist who opposed his nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court — admitted to congressional investigators she made up the lurid back seat rape tale as “a tactic” and to get attention. She now admits she’s never even met Kavanaugh. She, along with Julie Swetnick and lawyer Michael Avenatti, are all subject to criminal referrals by the Senate Judiciary Committee on allegations of false sexual misconduct charges.

These are the despicable frauds that Democrat lawmakers insisted we believe.

source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Like I said, Ford and her attorneys have to be breathing a big sigh of relief that their names have not been added to any congressional inquiries. Ramirez, too.

Comment

Like I said, Ford and her attorneys have to be breathing a big sigh of relief that their names have not been added to any congressional inquiries. Ramirez, too.
                      Yet.

Comment

• I really want to tell Feinstein off. But she just might be kicked out of office over this so that may be moot.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

So they're trying to charge Justice Kavanaugh with being justifiably upset that his name was being smeared with malicious lies?
                          It’s not for you to say whether or not Kavanaugh was "justifiably upset." Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens stated that Judge Kavanaugh is “not fit for the Supreme Court.”

And they're trying to claim that this was somehow unethical?
                          Well Judge Henderson concluded that more than a dozen complaints against Kavanaugh were substantive enough to warrant investigation by an impartial panel.

The article (in the bit you snipped) goes on to say that “if complaints against a sitting Justice are not dealt with in an impartial apolitical manner, then there will be an asterisk against Judge Tymkovich and Justice Kavanaugh for the remainder of their terms, and indeed the U.S. Supreme Court itself. There is therefore a risk that Mitch McConnell's seeming accomplishment of a “rock-solid Republican majority on the Supreme Court for a generation” may yet turn out to be something of a Pyrrhic victory”.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevede.../#50ceaa8f1877
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Well the blowback from the way the Senate treated Kavanaugh was the reason why the Senate shifted more to the right after the election last night. People were really upset with the way he was treated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Well the blowback from the way the Senate treated Kavanaugh was the reason why the Senate shifted more to the right after the election last night. People were really upset with the way he was treated.
                              That is the CW.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Well the blowback from the way the Senate treated Kavanaugh was the reason why the Senate shifted more to the right after the election last night. People were really upset with the way he was treated.
                                No, people weren't upset, you bone heads were upset at the way Kavanaugh was treated because asking him questions and investigating accussations against him was just too much for you people to handle. The reason the Senate shifted by a few Senaters is because Senate seats were in relatively red states which are getting bluer each year. In the next election it will be Senate republican seats up for grabs. Democrat candidates got more votes in this election than republicans got in their big wave election of 2010. Florida is still up for grabs and Ted Cruz just barely eked it out in Texas of all places. Things are a changin, it just takes a little time, we'll be rid of the conservative knuckleheads, not soon enough, but soon.

Comment