Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So I ask a question RELATED to the current cabal....

Noit only do you NOT answer the question, you proceed to defend Ford.

I point out your error....

Ahd you come up with THIS?

Now that we've got you back on track, How bout answering the actual question....
    How bout you stay focused in the first place. We weren't discussing the other women, we were discussing Dr. Ford. If you want to stay on track, then stay on track. Your question above is just stupid. The women, according to you, should stop living because they had a run in with a rapist. If they continue to live, to go to parties, then they must be lying about what happened at a party they attended in the past. Just idiotic.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Collins is an unprincipled political hack, like W. Va. Sen. Manchin, she checks first to see where her own best interests lie and thats what she goes with.
      Really. It looks like the site taking donations for Collins opponent literally crashed because it was so overwhelmed. She already had the Republican nomination and likely an easy victory but now might face a serious well-financed challenger as a result. Moreover, considering the steady stream of death threats she has received from liberals since Kavanaugh was nominated wouldn't "her own best interest" have been to vote against him?

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      She's no Heidi Heitkamp!
      Heitkamp is trailing badly and can read the tea leaves, so voting in favor of Kavanaugh wouldn't have been in "her own best interest" since it wouldn't matter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That is a strange request since the point of the post was to posit the results of how we speak about ford when we simply dont know the truth.

And yes, I did think about that. However, as far as I know, I have said nothing derogatory about either one of them. The most I've said is that it is clear Kavanaugh is not being truthful about his college and high school partying. And that it is clear Ford's testimony is not verifiable to any sufficient degree to allow us to act on it relative to Kavanaugh. To act on it would include speaking poorly of him.

And my post was to all engaging in Ford bashing, whoever they may be. Yours was just the last in the sequence, and by no means the worst.

Jim
        And I didn't say anything that wasn't true about Ford so please drop the sanctimonious B.S. You're better than that. Your post was linked to mine and addressed to me, not to everyone.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          He's probably going to have an extra door installed.
          And develop a suspiciously selective fear of flying.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

How bout you stay focused in the first place.
            Jim, these other allegations are also part of the equation. I can understand why you'd want to avoid the really nutty ones, but they're there.

We weren't discussing the other women, we were discussing Dr. Ford.
            Try reading the thread title.

If you want to stay on track, then stay on track. Your question above is just stupid. The women, according to you, should stop living because they had a run in with a rapist.
            That's just pure nonsense, Jim, and why I had stopped responding to you. You don't seem to be capable of civil discourse.

If they continue to live, to go to parties, then they must be lying about what happened at a party they attended in the past. Just idiotic.
            So, in JimmyWorld, it's totally logical to continue to go to the types of parties where men drug women and line up in the halls to serially gang-rape them?

Here was the question....

Just out of curiosity, do you actually believe a woman attended a party where there were girls drugged and gang-raped, then she went back to that same kind of party at least 9 more times, and never warned her girlfriends or notified the authorities?
            And your response is.... nutty.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Moderated By: rogue06

Sorry, I hit edit rather than reply but I think I was able to restore it to its original state including the initial start of a quote from Sparko.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

In other words, he "pulled a CP".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh please. You've elected yourself a president that inspires with his words the worst devils of our nature.
                Yes Jimmy because Trump is for Stalininist show trials where they don’t need no stinking evidence. Oh wait, that’s Democrats. My mistake.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  In other words, he "pulled a CP".
                  But I then did a "rogue" and fixinated it

Comment

How bout you stay focused in the first place. We weren't discussing the other women, we were discussing Dr. Ford. If you want to stay on track, then stay on track. Your question above is just stupid. The women, according to you, should stop living because they had a run in with a rapist. If they continue to live, to go to parties, then they must be lying about what happened at a party they attended in the past. Just idiotic.
                    She wasn’t raped. The entire thing was made up to punish a man for not holding the politically correct views about the sacred sacrament of abortion.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles
                      And this is you avoiding taking responsibility once again. This is you pointing to "others did the same" once again. Instead of talking about right and wrong. But it seems those words don't matter much these days.
                      No chuckles. I don't deny that evangelicals went heavily for Trump. What I'm pointing out is that atheist scoffers such as yourself and others here are in error when you keep trying to put all of the onus for Trump being elected on evangelicals. Evangelicals share only a small part of the responsibility.

Comment

You really need to get yourself a mirror, CP. Dr. Ford and her family actually had to move out of their house do to threats of violence.
                        Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Oh please. You've elected yourself a president that inspires with his words the worst devils of our nature.
                        Time to repost this so we can make a comparison...
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The MSM is focused on reporting on death threats made against Ford while for the most part ignoring those made against Kavanaugh and his family. And when they are mentioned the wording used is often starkly different. For instance on ABC Ford received "death threats" where Kavanaugh merely "received threats and hateful e-mails."

Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine), who's vote is often seen as a swing vote and is under tremendous pressure from women's groups to oppose Kavanaugh since he was nominated, has mentioned that she too has received numerous death threats as well.

In response to Collin's statement, Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-California) mocked and belittled her experience by sneering "Boo hoo hoo." Swalwell has since apologized saying his statements were "stupid." You think?

You would think Swalwell would have been a bit less cavalier considering that just a little over a week ago Swalwell's Republican opponent, Rudy Peters, was assaulted by a knife-wielding attacker near a vendor's booth at the Castro Valley Fall Festival after the attacker began screaming profanity-laced remarks about the Republican party and Trump and repeatedly shouting "I'll kill you" as he attacked. Fortunately Ford was able to fend of the attacker using one of his election signs. The attacker, Farzad Fazeli, ran off but was later arrested and charged with felony assault, making criminal threats and brandishing a weapon.

This is just one of a growing list of Republican politicians being physically attacked in a little over the past year. Here are a few aside from the knife attack on Peters:

In June of last year we had the shooting at the baseball field in Washington D.C. by James Hodgkinson, a left wing activist, MSNBC News junkie (notorious for the vitriol directed at Republicans and conservatives) and Bernie Sanders campaign worker who frequently expressed his hatred toward Republicans[1]. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana) was in critical condition for several days as a result of the shooting and was hospitalized for 6 weeks.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) was attacked from behind in his backyard resulting in five rib fractures including 3 displaced fractures as well as lung contusions as he was mowing his lawn by Rene Boucher, a neighbor and supporter of the far-left Occupy movement and who's Facebook account is full of anti-Trump rants.

Rep. David Kustoff (Tennessee) was nearly run off the road by a stalker, Wendi Wright, who was angry about his vote to repeal and replace Obamacare. She then confronted him when he pulled over screaming, striking the windows on Kustoff's car and even reaching inside the vehicle before finally leaving. She was later arrested after boasting of the confrontation on Facebook and charged with felony reckless endangerment.

The MSM has either downplayed or ignored most of these and other actual attacks (the baseball shooting being the notable exception) while constantly bemoaning how Trump's rancorous rhetoric may some day lead to violence. The fact is that, as can be seen above, the venomous rhetoric spewed from the left in a near constant stream has already led to violence. "Comedians" and other "entertainers" have a long and sordid history of making "jokes" or producing songs and the like advocating violence against Republican leaders. And with few exceptions the left rallies in their defense.

And you also have Democrat politicians like Mad Max Waters (D-California) demanding that people "push back" against Republicans, calling for in-your-face confrontations as well as encouraging people to mob and harass Trump Administration officials.

Of course aggressive rhetoric of this sort is nothing new and Trump is hardly the first president to employ some. The last occupant of the White House, Barrack Obama was known to employ more than his share of it, saying things like
                        • "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."
                        • "argue with your neighbors. Get in their face."
                        • "Punch back twice as hard."

Well... this little rant kinda went off on a tangent

1. before the shooting he asked if those out on the field were Republicans or Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Yes Jimmy because Trump is for Stalininist show trials where they don’t need no stinking evidence. Oh wait, that’s Democrats. My mistake.

The online version of Time has the headline: How Christine Blasey Ford’s Testimony Changed America. One of the most notable changes has been that the left has thrown due process right out the window and into a wood chipper. Gone are the days of innocent until proven guilty. Now you are guilty until you can prove your innocence against nebulous, ever changing unsubstantiated accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            And I didn't say anything that wasn't true about Ford so please drop the sanctimonious B.S. You're better than that. Your post was linked to mine and addressed to me, not to everyone.
                            I fail to understand how pointing out that there is a much better way than constantly deriding someone over saying a person assaulted her when we don't know the truth of the matter is 'sanctimonious BS'.

I know I don't see it that way when any of you has pointed out I've gone off the path in the past. The constant attacks on me directly for pointing out what everyone here should already know and agree to is very disheartening.

But I continue to believe all of you are 'better than that' and eventually that truly good part of you will find its way back to the surface.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I fail to understand how pointing out that there is a much better way than constantly deriding someone over saying a person assaulted her when we don't know the truth of the matter is 'sanctimonious BS'.

I know I don't see it that way when any of you has pointed out I've gone off the path in the past. The constant attacks on me directly for pointing out what everyone here should already know and agree to is very disheartening.

But I continue to believe all of you are 'better than that' and eventually that truly good part of you will find its way back to the surface.

Jim
                              Speaking the truth is not "deriding someone." I'm still waiting for you to show me what I said was untrue. smiley waiting-impatient.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]31820[/ATTACH]

The online version of Time has the headline: How Christine Blasey Ford’s Testimony Changed America. One of the most notable changes has been that the left has thrown due process right out the window and into a wood chipper. Gone are the days of innocent until proven guilty. Now you are guilty until you can prove your innocence against nebulous, ever changing unsubstantiated accusations.
                                OR, perhaps this has awakened enough people to the travesty that is. Time will tell.

Comment