Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yeah, and you don't believe her do you CP? You think she made the whole thing up and put herself and her family through all this because why? You know you believe her, and we know most everyone in Congress believed her as well, it's just that you and they just don't care really, but you can never admit to that, you have to pretend that you believe the guy that under oath lied over and over again instead, because, well, like the liar Trump, he's your guy, they're your kind of guys.
    The Evangelicals like CP don't want to believe her, it goes against their narrative. They feel entitled to indulge in disgracefully sexist remarks as as this one about "boobs", because they want their man on the Supreme Court and they simply don't care how he gets there.

This is why they put a lying adulterer into power and why they are circumventing all attempts to get at the truth about Kavanaugh, including ensuring that the FBI investigation (which they resisted) wasn’t thorough. From the very beginning, the investigation of the sexual assault allegations was limited — in terms of time, which witnesses the bureau could talk to, and what other kinds of evidence the FBI could obtain.

Clearly, the FBI investigation wasn’t meant to get to the bottom of the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh, but give certain senators cover to vote for Kavanaugh despite the reasonable evidence that he was a drunken sexual abuser, which he subsequently lied about to the Senate Committee.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Yeah, and you don't believe her do you CP? You think she made the whole thing up and put herself and her family through all this because why?
      Personally I believe her therapist implanted a false memory of being sexually assaulted 35 some years ago when she went in to find out what was causing her trouble sleeping and fear of sleeping in rooms with only one exit, and it grew and evolved (as they tend to do). But it isn't like she's coming away without a nice compensation package, one that includes roughly a million dollars raised in GoFundMe campaigns[1], a platinum level victim status as well as being a major heroine of the left for the rest of her life.

1. Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley (who is a self-professed liberal) has expressed concern that such things may incentivize someone into becoming witnesses because you have people essentially eager to invest in key witnesses who'll say what they want them to say. And she won't have any legal bills as her attorneys stated during her testimony before the Senate they are not only working pro bono but also paying her expenses such as the cost of her polygraph.

It should be noted that GoFundMe campaigns have also raised roughly $600,000 for Kavanaugh, although this is a more traditional use of such things (helping someone accused of something) and doesn't raise the same ethical questions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        The Evangelicals like CP...
        Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        hypocritical Evangelicals supporting and defending sexual aggression against women...
        Originally posted by Tassman
        It is the Evangelicals who display bigotry...
        Evangelicals are angry at...
        Then why did Evangelicals...
        Just as Evangelicals...
        Evangelicals seem to be quite the boogeyman for you (and a couple other atheist posters here as well). Tell me, do they haunt your dreams? Are you afraid that they might snatch you out of your bed while you sleep if you haven't been a good little lefty?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Evangelicals seem to be quite the boogeyman for you (and a couple other atheist posters here as well). Tell me, do they haunt your dreams? Are you afraid that they might snatch you out of your bed while you sleep if you haven't been a good little lefty?
          They are the boogeyman for quite many Christians as well. If you are looking for integrity, objective moral values, and people who value the word of God over that of any compromise made in the name of Trump, look somewhere else. Too many of them lost integrity.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Just out of curiosity, do you actually believe a woman attended a party where there were girls drugged and gang-raped, then she went back to that same kind of party at least 9 more times, and never warned her girlfriends or notified the authorities?
            And kept accepting open drinks from men she didn't know, knowing that drugged drinks were the method being employed by this supposed rape gang? And that nobody else notified the authorities in spite of it happening again and again, over and over? Or that nobody else heard about it?

Btw, CNN's Chief National Security Correspondent and anchor for CNN Newsroom, Jim Sciutto dismissed Scott Jennings comments about being falsely accused of being a gang rapist[1] as being "just politics" and hence an acceptable tactic.

1. Swetnick dropped that accusation and said he was merely "present" at some of the parties -- which she still found "suspicious"

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
              They are the boogeyman for quite many Christians as well. If you are looking for integrity, objective moral values, and people who value the word of God over that of any compromise made in the name of Trump, look somewhere else. Too many of them lost integrity.
              According to Pew, there was a higher percentage increase of Catholics voting for Trump from voting from Romney in 2012 (up 4 points) than there was for "White born-again/evangelical Christians" (up 3 points)[1]. Catholics account for 22% of the U.S. population whereas white evangelicals only account for 17%.

The biggest jump was among "Other faiths" (not Jewish or Christian), which saw a 6 point jump since Romney[2]. This was the group with by far the biggest shift, with the Democrats losing 12 points (going from 74 Obama to 23 Romney in 2012 to 62 Clinton 29 Trump).

Looks like you need to look elsewhere for a boogeyman to blame for all your problems.

1 There was an even bigger increase of Catholic voters for Trump as compared to McCain (up 7 points).

2. In fact Trump got a higher percent from this group than did Romney, McCain or Bush.
              Last edited by rogue06; 10-06-2018, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Evangelicals seem to be quite the boogeyman for you (and a couple other atheist posters here as well)
                Merely a statement of fact. Without Evangelical support Trump would not have won the election...albeit with a little help from his Russian friends. Evangelical values = Trump values.

http://time.com/4565010/donald-trump-evangelicals-win/
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

According to Pew, there was a higher percentage increase of Catholics voting for Trump from voting from Romney in 2012 (up 4 points) than there was for "White born-again/evangelical Christians" (up 3 points)[1]. Catholics account for 22% of the U.S. population whereas white evangelicals only account for 17%.

The biggest jump was among "Other faiths" (not Jewish or Christian), which saw a 6 point jump since Romney[2]. This was the group with by far the biggest shift, with the Democrats losing 12 points (going from 74 Obama to 23 Romney in 2012 to 62 Clinton 29 Trump).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31809[/ATTACH]

Looks like you need to look elsewhere for a boogeyman to blame for all your problems.

1 There was an even bigger increase of Catholic voters for Trump as compared to McCain (up 7 points).

2. In fact Trump got a higher percent from this group than did Romney, McCain or Bush.
                  Thank you for proving me right. The only defense we get is the claim that others did it more or worse. Great. I could not ask for better evidence, and you provide it all the time. The Catholics, Hillary, Obama, the liberals or whomever... So predictable.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Merely a statement of fact. Without Evangelical support Trump would not have won the election...albeit with a little help from his Russian friends. Evangelical values = Trump values.

http://time.com/4565010/donald-trump-evangelicals-win/
                    Since you likely missed or steadfastly ignored it
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31809[/ATTACH]

Comment

Since you likely missed or steadfastly ignored it
                      Since you likely missed or steadfastly ignored it:

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Thank you for proving me right. The only defense we get is the claim that others did it more or worse. Great. I could not ask for better evidence, and you provide it all the time. The Catholics, Hillary, Obama, the liberals or whomever... So predictable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Senator Collins laid out the case amazingly well, and unlike DiFi, showed some true character, risking her political future for the truth.
                        According to Rubio, it's more than just her political career on the line.

"Most will never know the full extent of the efforts to intimidate & threaten Senator Collins on the Kavanaugh vote. I am not talking about political pressure or people screaming at her in an elevator. I am talking about vicious, vile & dangerous actions."

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...than-reported/
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Only an idiot would draw that conclusion The fact is you and others have repeatedly put all of the onus on evangelicals for Trump's victory when they were only a small factor. Hate to shatter your talking points chuckles, but that's the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            According to Rubio, it's more than just her political career on the line.

"Most will never know the full extent of the efforts to intimidate & threaten Senator Collins on the Kavanaugh vote. I am not talking about political pressure or people screaming at her in an elevator. I am talking about vicious, vile & dangerous actions."

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...than-reported/
                            And slimeballs like Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) mockingly sneered at Senator Susan Collins ("Boo hoo hoo") when she has recounted the numerous death threats she has received since Kavanaugh was nominated.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              At this point, I can say unambiguously and unequivocally that I do not believe her.
                              Same. I think her entire story from beginning to end is a vicious lie.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Same. I think her entire story from beginning to end is a vicious lie.
                                I have my doubts that she was "lying" about what she "remembered" but her claims about the added door and her excuse that she was afraid of flying were shown to be untruths[1], combined with stories of how she wanted to coach her friend on how to beat a polygraph, and when she wouldn't play along and change her story, got thrown under the bus by Ford, has definitely left a dark cloud over her credibility.

But she has made a fortune off her claims and is being lionized as a true heroine of the left so she will do well

00000000000000ar1aaa1.jpg
                                Claiming that she's "done more than prove herself a
                                credible witness" and is "guileless"

1. Which certainly draws into question the veracity of her claim that she was unaware that investigators offered to come to California to meet with her if she was afraid of flying.

Comment