Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    What crime was committed?
    If you knew anything about the process you'd know that it's not a criminal proceeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The advise and consent process is not a criminal proceeding MM, like any job interview it doesn't require proof. ...
      It is not a court of law. But to imply it is "just any ol'" job interview is rank jackassery.

If a candidate is going to be rejected based on allegations of wrongdoing, there needs to be a presumption of innocence, and some standard by which adduced evidence is measured to determine whether it is sufficient to reject the candidate.

Turley suggested that the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard that applies in criminal cases is far too high, while the "preponderance of evidence" standard of civil cases is too low; he proffers "'clear' preponderance of evidence." And he further opined that in the Kavanaugh case, the evidence presented did not even reach the level of "mere" preponderance of evidence.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

If you knew anything about the process you'd know that it's not a criminal proceeding.
        If you knew anything about the Constitution, you'd know that the basis for impeachment is "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

That's why Pix asked you "what crime was committed?"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          It is not a court of law. But to imply it is "just any ol'" job interview is rank jackassery.

If a candidate is going to be rejected based on allegations of wrongdoing, there needs to be a presumption of innocence, and some standard by which adduced evidence is measured to determine whether it is sufficient to reject the candidate.

Turley suggested that the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard that applies in criminal cases is far too high, while the "preponderance of evidence" standard of civil cases is too low; he proffers "'clear' preponderance of evidence." And he further opined that in the Kavanaugh case, the evidence presented did not even reach the level of "mere" preponderance of evidence.
          He showed he doesn't have the temperment to be on the highest court in the land. Whether you believe the many sexual violence accusations against him or not, he lied to Congress over and over again. That is an automatic disqualification for one seeking a seat on the highest court in the land. He also threatened his perceived political enemies, which is also grounds for automatic disqualification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            That's exceedingly unlikely. Controlling the Senate and House isn't sufficient to impeach, you need control of the House and 2/3 of the Senate, which hasn't happened in the last 50 years and is virtually impossible in our current political climate. If you're going to impeach someone, you need at least some of both parties to sign up for it.
            Technical point - you only need the House to impeach - the Senate then can remove from office. Bill Clinton was impeached, but not removed.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He showed he doesn't have the temperment to be on the highest court in the land. Whether you believe the many sexual violence accusations against him or not, he lied to Congress over and over again. That is an automatic disqualification for one seeking a seat on the highest court in the land. He also threatened his perceived political enemies, which is also grounds for automatic disqualification.
              Just out of curiosity, do you actually believe a woman attended a party where there were girls drugged and gang-raped, then she went back to that same kind of party at least 9 more times, and never warned her girlfriends or notified the authorities?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                If you knew anything about the Constitution, you'd know that the basis for impeachment is "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

That's why Pix asked you "what crime was committed?"
                Lying to Congress under oath and threatening revenge upon his perceived political enemies is a crime, CP.

Comment

Lying to Congress under oath and threatening revenge upon his perceived political enemies is a crime, CP.
                  Good luck with that, Jim.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do you actually believe a woman attended a party where there were girls drugged and gang-raped, then she went back to that same kind of party at least 9 more times, and never warned her girlfriends or notified the authorities?
                    She didn't say that anyone there was drugged or gang raped, she said she had one beer, went upstairs to use the bathroom and was forced into the bedroom by Kavanaugh and his buddy, M. Judge, after being molested she got away and ran downstairs and out the front door.

Comment

She didn't say that anyone there was drugged or gang raped, she said she had one beer, went upstairs to use the bathroom and was forced into the bedroom by Kavanaugh and his buddy, M. Judge, after being molested she got away and ran downstairs and out the front door.
                      Wrong woman, Jim.

Comment

Wrong woman, Jim.
                        Yes, I knew were trying to change the subject, CP.

Comment

If you did, you would know that impeachment is the process of which a public official is accused of misconduct. Do you not own a dictionary, Jimmy?
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So is Clinton going to jail?
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If I had a dollar for every Airman that claimed to have had ‘only one beer’ after getting in trouble, I’d be retired by now. It’s a shame that nobody seems to remember this ever happening, that her story is full of holes, that she can’t remember details like when or where it happened, etc.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And nobody seems to remember this gang together club ever existing either.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment