Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Ok sorry, I didn't realize that.
    Yeah, you can't just post a link without some indication of what it's about.

Debates (points for your position) made via weblink are not allowed. Weblinks may be used when a substantive summary of the point being made is posted on the board with a link given for further information regarding your position. Remember responsive arguments are to be as personal as possible, not "cut and paste" dueling articles. This can be avoided by giving one's personal analysis along with an article, or just quoting the specifically relevant portions and showing relevance.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Did you miss the fact that my wife was known to clobber guys who tried to sneak a touch without her consent? Like the guy in college who took her on a first date to see a movie and then tried to lean over and kiss her cheek. She elbowed him in the ribs hard enough to make him gasp and then walked out of the theater.

She was pretty awesome.
      I approve

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        I approve
        My wife - well before we first met - once had a workmate of a similar age who liked to get a bit too touchy - touch her hair, put his hand on her arm etc. One day at work he put his hand on her forearm, and she loudly said "Take your time, touch all that you want. Is there anywhere else you'd like to touch, or just my arm?". This in a quite conservative culture where if a couple held hands in public that was seen as basically letting everyone know they were also sleeping together.

Problem solved, no more over-friendly body language from him.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          My wife - well before we first met - once had a workmate of a similar age who liked to get a bit too touchy - touch her hair, put his hand on her arm etc. One day at work he put his hand on her forearm, and she loudly said "Take your time, touch all that you want. Is there anywhere else you'd like to touch, or just my arm?". This in a quite conservative culture where if a couple held hands in public that was seen as basically letting everyone know they were also sleeping together.

Problem solved, no more over-friendly body language from him.

That reminds me of another time my wife got fed up with a coworker who used to come in every morning boasting to her office mates about how many times she and her husband had "done the deed" the night before. "Oh, he's an animal! We did it 3 times!" "5 times last night! He's insatiable!" One day my wife looked at her and said, "4 times, huh? That's funny. My husband and I tend to get it right the first time." Her office mate turned bright red and never brought up the subject again.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Ah, so you prefer women who aren't willing to defend themselves.
            When my husband and I first got married. He tried the ‘kiss to wake you up’ thing and I hit him hard enough in the rib cage that he spent 5 minutes, on his hands and knees, trying to recover.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That reminds me of another time my wife got fed up with a coworker who used to come in every morning boasting to her office mates about how many times she and her husband had "done the deed" the night before. "Oh, he's an animal! We did it 3 times!" "5 times last night! He's insatiable!" One day my wife looked at her and said, "4 times, huh? That's funny. My husband and I tend to get it right the first time." Her office mate turned bright red and never brought up the subject again.
              That one is funny.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                When my husband and I first got married. He tried the ‘kiss to wake you up’ thing and I hit him hard enough in the rib cage that he spent 5 minutes, on his hands and knees, trying to recover.
                When my wife and I were dating, I was in judo.
                I was telling her that a smaller person may actually have advantage over a bigger person in judo, when that bigger person is running at the smaller person -- using that oncoming mass and speed to your advantage.
                I showed her how it would work - with her grabbing my wrist, turning her back to me, sticking her hip out, and diverting my body up and around (hard to describe) and she could actually flip me.

Later that evening, I'm meeting her dad for the very first time at her house - he had been working nights, but was home this particular evening.

I was nervous to meet him, and followed my wife cautiously into the door, whereupon she said, "hey dad, watch what I can do", and she turned around, grabbed my wrist, threw her hip out, and pitched me across the living room floor.
                I ended up on my back, wind knocked out of me, panting for breath, my feet up on the couch near her dad.

He looked down at me, then at my soon-to-be wife, and said, "ok, you can keep this one".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  When my wife and I were dating, I was in judo.
                  I was telling her that a smaller person may actually have advantage over a bigger person in judo, when that bigger person is running at the smaller person -- using that oncoming mass and speed to your advantage.
                  I showed her how it would work - with her grabbing my wrist, turning her back to me, sticking her hip out, and diverting my body up and around (hard to describe) and she could actually flip me.

Later that evening, I'm meeting her dad for the very first time at her house - he had been working nights, but was home this particular evening.

I was nervous to meet him, and followed my wife cautiously into the door, whereupon she said, "hey dad, watch what I can do", and she turned around, grabbed my wrist, threw her hip out, and pitched me across the living room floor.
                  I ended up on my back, wind knocked out of me, panting for breath, my feet up on the couch near her dad.

He looked down at me, then at my soon-to-be wife, and said, "ok, you can keep this one".
                  And you've been saying: "Yes MA'AM" Ever since!
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    And you've been saying: "Yes MA'AM" Ever since!
                    Aw, come on -- I like living on the edge!

I think I told you what happened when I took her to teach her how to shoot, no?

Comment

Aw, come on -- I like living on the edge!

I think I told you what happened when I took her to teach her how to shoot, no?
                      Refresh my memory....
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Refresh my memory....
                        I took her to the police range - still dating her. (Well, even after all these years of marriage, I'm still dating her )

I gave her my .357 magnum, loaded with .38 wadcutters, and told her "just take a few shots and I'll watch your stance, and help you out..."

Her first shot - BULLSEYE. Second shot - just a HAIR out of BULLSEYE.

I said, "OK, that's enough for today, we'll come back again another time".

Comment

I took her to the police range - still dating her. (Well, even after all these years of marriage, I'm still dating her )

I gave her my .357 magnum, loaded with .38 wadcutters, and told her "just take a few shots and I'll watch your stance, and help you out..."

Her first shot - BULLSEYE. Second shot - just a HAIR out of BULLSEYE.

I said, "OK, that's enough for today, we'll come back again another time".
                          I do remember that now...my wife is like that as well. When we went to qualify for our (then called) CCL, my wife brought her .22 because she was told by our security team lead (who had once been a CCL instructor) that she could qualify with it. The course and range were 40 miles away and we had carpooled. But, they had changed the rules and she was informed that she could no longer use it. My pastor let her use his spare S&W 9mm. She scored 243 with a gun she had never fired before.

Comment

I do remember that now...my wife is like that as well. When we went to qualify for our (then called) CCL, my wife brought her .22 because she was told by our security team lead (who had once been a CCL instructor) that she could qualify with it. The course and range were 40 miles away and we had carpooled. But, they had changed the rules and she was informed that she could no longer use it. My pastor let her use his spare S&W 9mm. She scored 243 with a gun she had never fired before.
                            I haven't checked lately - are there still two permits - one semi-auto and the other pistol?

Comment

I haven't checked lately - are there still two permits - one semi-auto and the other pistol?
                              I thought they had changed it but I'm not sure either.

Comment

I thought they had changed it but I'm not sure either.
                                If I recall, because I'm an old fart, and have had my permit for many a year, I just mail them a check and they send me a new card.

Comment