Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I see nothing that is necessarily inappropriate in that photo, nothing that is necessarily sexual. That you see no possiblity of anything but touching of a sexual nature there is more an indication of the sickness and perversion that has consumed our culture and our minds more than anything else. ...
    I find it a bit "iffy," but nothing in the woman's expression or demeanor suggests *she* is at all discomfitted. I think that matters.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• I'd really *like* to believe that Miranda Devine is right and MeToo is dead, but I don't.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        I'd really *like* to believe that Miranda Devine is right and MeToo is dead, but I don't.
        I think metoo has been good, but the potential for reverse abuse is just too great in its current form. Women need to have a voice, men need to know they can't run roughshod over them, but the same nature that can make a man abuse a women can also make him a sitting duck for a false accusation, and that has to be taken into account.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I find it a bit "iffy," but nothing in the woman's expression or demeanor suggests *she* is at all discomfitted. I think that matters.
          Not even the placement of her hands which appear positioned to protect herself?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'd really *like* to believe that Miranda Devine is right and MeToo is dead, but I don't.
            The biggest problem with "Me Too" is that it was never about the women, it was always a political movement intended to take down conservatives in general and Donald Trump in particular, but when it started racking up significantly more liberal trophies than conservative, liberals suddenly lost their appetite for it. It has continued to limp along, but there's none of the initial enthusiasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              her reaction is a startled reaction. And that is all the information you can get from a still photograph. You are saying Biden is necessarily 'abusing her', and that simply is false. There are a large number of explanations for how that photograph came to be that do not involve anything of a sexual nature. Your comments are called 'libel' as they are now. However, if you have the women in the photo telling us how uncomfortable and embarrassed she was, how she felt abused and how Joe was doing a lot more than just posing with her when the picture was taken ... then you have more of a leg to stand on.

In a properly timed photo, an accidental bump of a breast that lasted 1/10th of a second can be made to look like 'groping'. You don't know much of anything from that photo except that for a period of at least 1/60th to 1/30th of a second, that is where Joe and her hands were.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-06-2020, 11:45 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

"Your honor, the defendant deliberately squeezed my client's breasts and kissed her head while giving her a hug."
                "Oh, now, judge, I was just bein' friendly. It weren't nothin' sexual intended."
                "In that case, I find the defendant not guilty."

That’s not how anything works. How do you even get this as a response to what I wrote?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                  That’s not how anything works.
                  That's precisely my point. A man can not grope a woman and then get away with it by claiming he didn't intend anything sexual because the law presumes intent.

Comment

I didn't interpret it that way.

"Eye of the beholder" really is an interesting phenomenon.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

I didn't interpret it that way.

"Eye of the beholder" really is an interesting phenomenon.
                      Perhaps. My standard has always been "Would I want another man touching my wife in that manner?" and my answer is "Hell no!"

Comment

Perhaps. My standard has always been "Would I want another man touching my wife in that manner?" and my answer is "Hell no!"
                        And that would be a problem in your mind, not necessarily in your wifes mind. Say a female colleage of yours greeted you with a hug, your wife might not like it, but I doubt either of you would see it sexual assault. Although, according to your professed standards, I could be wrong in your case.
                        Last edited by JimL; 05-06-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

That's precisely my point. A man can not grope a woman and then get away with it by claiming he didn't intend anything sexual because the law presumes intent.
                          The only way they can get away with it is if they could show that their intention wasn’t sexual. If the law presumes sexual intention for groping that doesn’t automatically make them guilty. It only shifts the burden of proof onto them. The intent element for sexual assault still needs to be established. They have to explain exactly how the groping occurred and why it wasn’t sexual in nature. If the non sexual explanation could reasonably have occurred then it can’t be established beyond reasonable doubt that the act was sexual in nature and sexual assault fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            And that would be a problem in your mind, not necessarily in your wifes mind.
                            Did you miss the fact that my wife was known to clobber guys who tried to sneak a touch without her consent? Like the guy in college who took her on a first date to see a movie and then tried to lean over and kiss her cheek. She elbowed him in the ribs hard enough to make him gasp and then walked out of the theater.

She was pretty awesome.

Comment

Did you miss the fact that my wife was known to clobber guys who tried to sneak a touch without her consent? Like the guy in college who took her on a first date to see a movie and then tried to lean over and kiss her cheek. She elbowed him in the ribs hard enough to make him gasp and then walked out of the theater.

She was pretty awesome.
                              Yeah, physically assaulting someone instead of saying 'no' sounds *awesome*.

Comment

She was pretty awesome.
                                Well, I certainly hope you've recovered.

Comment