Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    I said that if they feel as though someones behavior, such as Biden's, is inappropriate in their opinion, that he's being a little to friendly, then they are not babies, they can let him know that.
    You're still blaming the victim, Jimmy.

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    ...whether they or you see his behavior towards women as inappropriate or not, being inappropriate in that way is not sexual assault.
    Unwanted touching and kissing is sexual assault by definition, even if the woman doesn't say anything in the moment.

Sexual assault refers to an assault of a sexual nature on another person. It can include a wide range of unwanted sexual contact such as rape, forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration, forced sexual intercourse, inappropriate touching, forced kissing, child molestation ,exhibitionism, voyeurism, obscene phone calls torture of a victim in a sexual manner etc. The actor causes submission of the victim by means that is reasonably calculated to cause submission against the victim's will. Definitions of offences are primarily governed by state criminal laws, which vary by state. It is generally a felony.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sexual-assault/

Now take another look at what the New York Times discovered during their own investigation:

Screenshot_20200502_164509.jpg
    https://twitter.com/Slade/status/1249327353794265090

Which is to say, "We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond the pattern of sexual misconduct we found."

(Considering Jimmy's arguments here, I'm wondering how many times he's been slapped for being a little too "friendly" with the ladies.)
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-02-2020, 03:53 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Unwanted touching, especially of the nature that Reade claims that he did to her, is most definitely sexual assault no matter how much you try to sugar coat it.
      Dumb. I guess all those athletes patting each others rear ends is sexual assault, or giving someone a pat on the back for a job well done etc etc. is sexual assault. Get a grip!
      This was we have been saying since the inception of the whole #MeToo movement but the left would have none of that. Look at Biden's own words, or Sen. Mazie Hirono's (D-HI) declaration that Kavanaugh is guilty because she doesn't like him and that "Men need to shut up and step up. Do the right thing for a change."
      Trust me, women aren't as stupid as you're pretending to be, they fully understand that just making an accussation doesn't make it true. Biden tried to explain that to you, I'm sure you've heard it, and Hirono's quote doesn't even answer to that. By "men need to step up" she meant exactly what the quote means, i.e. that they have to stop disregarding the claims of women and take them seriously. Do better.

And please show us that she said that "Kavanaugh is guilty because she doesn't like him."
      Now this is all coming back to haunt them and Biden is finding himself, as Shakespeare so famously put it, hoisted by his own petard
      No, it's just the rights slings and arrows of outragious idiocy coming back to show itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You're still blaming the victim, Jimmy.

Unwanted touching and kissing is sexual assault by definition, even if the woman doesn't say anything in the moment.

Sexual assault refers to an assault of a sexual nature on another person. It can include a wide range of unwanted sexual contact such as rape, forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration, forced sexual intercourse, inappropriate touching, forced kissing, child molestation ,exhibitionism, voyeurism, obscene phone calls torture of a victim in a sexual manner etc. The actor causes submission of the victim by means that is reasonably calculated to cause submission against the victim's will. Definitions of offences are primarily governed by state criminal laws, which vary by state. It is generally a felony.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sexual-assault/

Now take another look at what the New York Times discovered during their own investigation:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44321[/ATTACH]
        https://twitter.com/Slade/status/1249327353794265090

Which is to say, "We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond the pattern of sexual misconduct we found."

(Considering Jimmy's arguments here, I'm wondering how many times he's been slapped for being a little too "friendly" with the ladies.)
        Sexual assault refers to an assault of a sexual nature. Read your own link.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Sexual assault refers to an assault of a sexual nature. Read your own link.
          "It can include a wide range of unwanted sexual contact such as ... inappropriate touching, forced kissing..."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Dumb. I guess all those athletes patting each others rear ends is sexual assault, or giving someone a pat on the back for a job well done etc etc. is sexual assault. Get a grip!
            Are you even aware what Reade said Biden did to her?

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Trust me, women aren't as stupid as you're pretending to be, they fully understand that just making an accussation doesn't make it true.
            That was the standard that the left and the #MeToo movement attempted to establish. That the accusation is to be believed unless there is evidence to the contrary. They wanted to turn the whole concept of innocent until proven guilty on its head making it guilty until proven innocent.

Biden tried to explain that to you, I'm sure you've heard it
            As even the left wing Huffington Post acknowledged Joe Biden: Women’s Claims Of Sexual Assault Should Be Presumed To Be True. And as Biden himself "explained"

For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time

It was only when he himself was accused did he decide to backtrack and declare that shouldn't be the case. That's an awfully self-serving epiphany there on his part.

and Hirono's quote doesn't even answer to that. By "men need to step up" she meant exactly what the quote means, i.e. that they have to stop disregarding the claims of women and take them seriously. Do better.
            No, she told men to "shut up and step up." IOW, do what she tells them and keep their mouths closed. Again even folks like CNN and MSNBC's S. E. Culp were saying what she was doing is "trying to weaponize #MeToo."

And please show us that she said that "Kavanaugh is guilty because she doesn't like him."
            By proclaiming that Kavanaugh's political views ought to be considered in determining whether or not he was guilty. And since she disagreed with those views that was enough to make him guilty. "Hirono makes clear that if Brett Kavanaugh were liberal, she'd give him the benefit of the doubt."
            Last edited by rogue06; 05-02-2020, 05:37 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"It can include a wide range of unwanted sexual contact such as ... inappropriate touching, forced kissing..."

It appears that for little jimmy it is only sexual assault if rape is involved.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

First off, you guys, whether purposfully or not, miscomprehend a lot. I never said a woman should not report a sexual assault. I said that if they feel as though someones behavior, such as Biden's, is inappropriate in their opinion, that he's being a little to friendly, then they are not babies, they can let him know that. They can also report it if they so choose. But, whether they or you see his behavior towards women as inappropriate or not, being inappropriate in that way is not sexual assault.
                You guys all seem to interpret everything with a biased perspective. When it is said that "all women should be believed" you automaticaaly take that to mean that what is meant by that is that investigation and facts don't matter. That's just dumb, and I don't think you are actually that dumb.
                I tried to help you out, Jim. You would have been so much better off if you had just said, "yeah, that's not what I intended to say".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Context is crucial, Jim - in this context, it's an accepted - and nearly expected - norm.

Trust me,
                  I hope you won't be offended when I decline.

women aren't as stupid as you're pretending to be,
                  And this is dishonest - none of us said or employed that women are stupid.

they fully understand that just making an accussation doesn't make it true. Biden tried to explain that to you, I'm sure you've heard it, and Hirono's quote doesn't even answer to that. By "men need to step up" she meant exactly what the quote means, i.e. that they have to stop disregarding the claims of women and take them seriously. Do better.

No, it's just the rights slings and arrows of outragious idiocy coming back to show itself.
                  You should have accepted my offer of assistance, Jim.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are you even aware what Reade said Biden did to her?
                    Yeah, that's accusation, rogue. That would be sexual assault, obviously, but that's not what you guys have been asserting to be sexual assault

That was the standard that the left and the #MeToo movement attempted to establish. That the accusation is to be believed unless there is evidence to the contrary. They wanted to turn the whole concept of innocent until proven guilty on its head making it guilty until proven innocent.
                    Wrong.

As even the left wing Huffington Post acknowledged Joe Biden: Women’s Claims Of Sexual Assault Should Be Presumed To Be True. And as Biden himself "explained"
                    Presumed to be true in the sense of taking them seriously, investigating them, not ignoring them.
                    For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time
                    Presume as opposed to ignore.
                    It was only when he himself was accused did he decide to backtrack and declare that shouldn't be the case. That's an awfully self-serving epiphany there on his part.
                    No, that's just what you want to think was meant by it. To think that "all women should be believed" regardless of facts or evidence is just dumb.

No, she told men to "shut up and step up." IOW, do what she tells them and keep their mouths closed. Again even folks like CNN and MSNBC's S. E. Culp were saying what she was doing is "trying to weaponize #MeToo."
                    Yeah, because she knew that the republicans had no interests in finding the truth, the whole procedure was a scam, just like they conducted the Impeachment trial.

By proclaiming that Kavanaugh's political views ought to be considered in determining whether or not he was guilty. And since she disagreed with those views that was enough to make him guilty. "Hirono makes clear that if Brett Kavanaugh were liberal, she'd give him the benefit of the doubt."
                    She wasn't going to vote for Kavanaugh period. She knew that when Trump picked him it was because he believed that the president should be above the law.
                    Last edited by JimL; 05-02-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I tried to help you out, Jim. You would have been so much better off if you had just said, "yeah, that's not what I intended to say".
                      But it was what he intended to say.

Comment

Pretty much anything that makes a person feel uncomfortable, especially if it is "on the road" to sexual misconduct.

Comment

Women are not babies, if they feel uncomfortable with someone being to close they can say so. That has nothing to do with sexual assault.
                          That’s interesting, since most workplace training very specifically says that you’re not supposed to touch your co workers, without permission. In fact, I thought the general push is women should be able to go to work without things like inappropriate touching going on at work. Than again, Biden is a Democrat so it doesn’t count.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                            At this point I guess we should all just take it as read that all Republican politicians and political operatives have either had affairs or raped somebody or are pedophiles. They really do seem to be the party of crime and sexual misconduct.

The mistake the Dems make is thinking that Republican law-makers will care that Kavanaugh might be guilty of the sort of sex-crimes and misconduct they themselves are guilty of. They didn't care when it came to Clarence Thomas and they won't care for Kavanaugh.
                            Oops it looks like this talking Point backfired big time.

Comment

Yeah, that's accusation, rogue. That would be sexual assault, obviously, but that's not what you guys have been asserting to be sexual assault

Wrong.

Presumed to be true in the sense of taking them seriously, investigating them, not ignoring them.

Presume as opposed to ignore.

No, that's just what you want to think was meant by it. To think that "all women should be believed" regardless of facts or evidence is just dumb.

jimmy, when you start off by automatically presuming that the accuser is telling the truth as Biden demanded then by definition you are assuming that the accused is guilty. You have turned the presumption of innocence on its head and are making the accused prove his innocence.

Comment

But it was what he intended to say.
                                He does appear to have doubled down on it, yes. I tried to be kind.

Comment