Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ignorant bRoy View Post
    Exactly right. Now you just need to understand it.

Hint:
    "Trump tells lots of lies" is a summary argument, that only gives an impression of weighty evidence.
    "These are the lies Trump told: ..." is not a summary argument, and provides more than just an impression of the weighty evidence.
    You once again live up to your nickname.

What you're not saying is that each item on the list is itself a summary argument.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      FWIU Flake had indicated he was going to vote yes until he cornered by protesters who talked him into asking for one last background check. Barring any legitimate concerns arising from it he will likely still vote to confirm.
      He seems to wake up in a new world every day.

And I have to ask, what did Coons give in exchange? Was there any indication that this would change the landscape at all?

The real question are the Democrats in deeply red states who are up for re-election and who were banking on Kavanaugh stepping aside and sparing them from voting. Since he didn't Cuomo has been repeatedly urging them not to panic and adopt a wait and see attitude wrt the fence straddling Republicans.
      Yes.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        Your attempt to avoid the genetic fallacy by providing a long list of adjectives about the content doesn't let you escape the fallacy.
        This reminds me of the time that you said Breitbart accurately reports the facts as a deceptive ruse to keep critics from accusing them of not accurately reporting the facts.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-02-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, Flake's "deal" to require an FBI background check was obviously just more stall tactics, because he's already saying...

Jeff Flake: ‘We Can’t Have That on the Court’

Sounds like time wasted, he's still a no.

Speaking with Jeffrey Rosen, the president of the Constitution Center, and Democratic Senator Chris Coons at The Atlantic Festival on Tuesday morning, Flake called the judge’s interactions with lawmakers “sharp and partisan.”

“We can’t have that on the Court,” said the Arizona senator, who didn’t elaborate on which interactions he was referring to.

Flake’s “gentleman’s agreement” with Coons, from Delaware, led to the FBI reopening its investigation into Kavanaugh late last week. The bureau is examining the sexual-assault allegations of Christine Blasey Ford, who also testified on Thursday.

Or maybe not?

Kavanaugh’s nomination seemed poised to advance before Flake and Coons made a deal.

I caught up with Flake briefly as he left the event, and asked if this meant he would not vote to confirm Kavanaugh, even if the FBI cleared him by week’s end. He appeared rattled, and his handlers rushed him into the stairwell. “I didn’t say that …” he stammered. “I wasn’t referring to him.”

At this point, I suspect flakey Flake is desperately trying to figure out which option will tick off the least amount of voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            At this point, I suspect flakey Flake is desperately trying to figure out which option will tick off the least amount of voters.
            I'm going to arrange to have my wife meet him in an elevator and scream at him.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We’ll see if Senator Jellyfish has any spine soon enough.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He's not running for re-election but he's always been someone that folks have pegged for being someone who needs to be liked by everyone all the time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  He's not running for re-election but he's always been someone that folks have pegged for being someone who needs to be liked by everyone all the time.
                  This is about me, isn't it?

Comment

• Love abortion:

https://rewire.news/article/2012/03/...ut-abortion-0/
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      That woman is as morally sick as you FF...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        I can't help but think there is a special place in Hell for lovers of abortion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Not according to Jon Sarfati, who popularised the term - or according to every other use of "elephant hurling" I've ever seen, with one exception - when some-one was avoiding using the more appropriate "Gish gallop".
                          You mean Socrates? You guys treated him like you do Jorge when he was here and now you are quoting him as an expert?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I can't help but think there is a special place in Hell for lovers of abortion.
                            I knew a woman, who has since died, who was so traumatized by her abortion that she had a quiet birthday remembrance every year since. Most women still have a conscience about such things.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              I knew a woman, who has since died, who was so traumatized by her abortion that she had a quiet birthday remembrance every year since. Most women still have a conscience about such things.
                              Don’t blame the women. Don’t presume to judge them. They have to be grown up and deal with a situation that men helped to create. Your piety is misplaced.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                We learned about Rachel's Vineyard at TwebCon II.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment