Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Rachel Mitchell Destroys Dr. Ford, full report: https://www.axios.com/brett-kavanaug...00aa9a711.html
    That's a pretty devastating rebuttal that reflects many of the problems that have been pointed out in this thread.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Terrible, the can not fly thing, she was never told that they would go to her. The Dems wanted the spectacle.
      Which goes to show, for me, that they Dems didn't care the least little bit about Dr Ford -- they just used her to their own end to assassinate Kavanaugh's character, Dr Ford be damned.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        That's a pretty devastating rebuttal that reflects many of the problems that have been pointed out in this thread.
        It is good to see it all in one place laid out in order...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It is good to see it all in one place laid out in order...
          Except, of course, that the report was produced by a rabidly political active person with a track record of destroying the lives of women!!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Terrible, the can not fly thing, she was never told that they would go to her. The Dems wanted the spectacle.
            I have to wonder if she was really not told.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Kavenaugh has a history of lying to Congress, and lying to Congress is not only disqualifying of ones confirmation to the SC, it's a felony. At this hearing he denied knowing about files stolen from judiciary committee democrats, but e-mails attest to the contrary. In 2004, Kavanaugh claimed he had no involvement in the nomination process of William Pryor to the 11th circuit, that it was not something that he personally worked on, but newly released documents contradict his testimony. He claimed the same concerning the nomination of Charles Pickering, which again was contradicted by newly released documents. In 2006, Kavanaugh claimed he knew nothing about the warrantless wiretapping. Newly released e-mails, once again, contradict his testimony to Congress. Finally in 2006, Kavanaugh testified to Congress that he was not involved with questions concerning the rules governing detention of combatants. New evidence has now contradicted that claim as well.
              In this hearing he even lied about stupid stuff like his drinking habits, the meaning of "Devils triangle" and "Ralphing" not to mention his disgusting misogynistic joke (alumnius Renate) at the expense of a female aqaintance Renate Dolphin.

So Kavanaugh has a pattern of dishonesty, of lying to Congress, and should not only not be confirmed to the SC, but shouldn't even be a judge period.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.50a9954392c2

All lies from Leahy and Durbin.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                2 and 3 Pinocchios respectively, and that's even with the liberal WaPo pulling its punches.

Comment

Yeah but the WaPo is a right wing pro-Trump rag and... um... er...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Yeah but the WaPo is a right wing pro-Trump rag and... um... er...
                    Starlight certainly thinks so.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah, but that makes them true!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Starlight certainly thinks so.
                        He also said and even reiterated that Stalin was a right winger

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Question: For those advocating a "full" FBI investigation, what do you mean? Do you mean a "criminal" investigation? If so, can you point me to a source that shows this is within their jurisdiction? I always thought FBI jurisdiction for criminal investigations was limited to (1) situations where the incident occurred when one of the involved parties was a Federal employee at the time, and (2) cases where a state or local LE agency specifically invited the FBI.

Also, would you allow an investigation so "full" that it was able to force the therapist to release all documents and recordings pertaining to Ford and her husband, and to require providing of the recordings or transcripts of the polygraph session?
                          They are hoping for another never-ending Mueller type investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Careful not to confuse boldness in speaking out against sin with angry and hurtful attacks on people. "Speak the truth in Love" we are commanded. Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13 and less completely several other places in the Scripture. We never have license to abuse in the name of righteousness or in the name of Christ. While you are right to reject cowardice, it is never right to be cruel and/or merciless individual to individual in this life. Remember the ungrateful servant who was forgiven a great debt but would not forgive a minor debt owed him. Remember the command to forgive not 7 times, but 'seven times seventy".

Jim
                            So instead of insulting people directly to their face, or without naming exactly who you're referring to it's better to go the cowards way and simply speak generally about "[the people] around here"?:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            I'm finding that sort of subtle distinction is mostly lost around here. You have to spell it out in bold, with large font, and probably two or three times. And even then, who knows, you have maybe a 50/50 chance of the general audience getting what you are saying?

Jim
                            If you're going to accuse people of simply being too stupid to understand what you're saying you should at least have the backbone to mention people by name.

Jesus himself called Peter Satan. Calling someone something like an idiot or moron is magnitudes less "angry and hurtful" than that. He called the Pharisees hypocrites and whitewashed tombs. Paul asked the Judaizers to go and castrate themselves. Saying that we never have license to "speak out against sin with 'angry and hurtful remarks'" flies right in the face of the biblical witness. There are cases where "angry and hurtful" remarks (to use your own terminology) is definitely appropriate.

The command to forgive seventy times seven times applies when someone has slighted you personally, it has nothing to do with the kind of psychopath (the wolves Jesus speaks of in the Gospels) who endangers the whole congregation spiritually, or the people who enable his/her behaviour.
                            Last edited by JonathanL; 10-01-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]31621[/ATTACH]
                              One irony here is that by posting that picture, you confirm the sentence above it - in your case - on this issue.

And another irony overall here is that, unlike so many posting here, I am completely open to being shown that my current opinion or position is in error. All it takes are facts and convincing argumentation.

"Baloney Jim" doesn't quite cut it. I offered to discuss the list if you wanted to rogue.

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                                And another irony overall here is that, unlike so many posting here, I am completely open to being shown that my current opinion or position is in error. All it takes are facts and convincing argumentation.

Comment