Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's her lawyer's statement, Tass --
    Lawyers speak on behalf of their clients do they not? And Swetnick's lawyer states that: "This lawsuit never had any merit as evidenced by how quickly it was dismissed,"

The ALLEGED victim.
    It nevertheless behoves you to avoid attacking her whilst simultaneously defending her alleged sexual aggressor.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Yep... which brings me back to a point I made earlier: Would a rational person continue pressing a claim when everybody else who supposedly witnessed it is telling them it never happened?
      Only if the claim is true. And btw MM, everybody else did not say it never happened, the accused said it never happened, others who weren't directly involved said they weren't aware of it. Well, that only makes sense when you realize that she was only at the house a short time, had 1 beer, and had to sneak out the front door in order to avoid her attackers. But try not to lie when making your case, MM, because, as with Kavanaugh it only serves to erase any credibility that those who don't know you might afford you.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        It's going to be an incredibly short investigation.
        For sure.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Lawyers speak on behalf of their clients do they not?
          No, Tass, a lawyer is going to throw his client under the bus at the very first possible moment. Are you THAT NUTS?!?!?!

And Swetnick's lawyer states that: "This lawsuit never had any merit as evidenced by how quickly it was dismissed,"
          What do you EXPECT him to say about the person who is PAYING him to be her spokesperson?

It nevertheless behoves
          I think you mean 'behooves', Tass--- Sheeeeesh, you speak on the level of an 8-year old!

you to avoid attacking her whilst simultaneously defending her alleged sexual aggressor.
          Questioning her truthfulness is part of evaluating her allegations, Tass. You're eating those "smart pills" Rogue sent you, aren't you.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            That's why an investigation should have been done in the first place Lilpix. You know that, you're just to biased to admit it. The Republican majority knows that as well, which is why they tried, as M. McConnell said, to plow right through. Besides all that, Judge Kavanaugh pretty much disqualified himself regardless of the accusations of Dr. Ford. He showed himself to be a biased right winger, to be a blatant liar under oath, to disrespect the office and the Senate which is responsible to consent to his confirmation. He doesn't belong on the SC. even if the FBI can't corroborate the accusation.
            My dear Jimmy, how could there be anything when:

1. She changed the number of attackers from 4 to 2. She only named her attackers in July of this year.
            2. She doesn’t remember the time and has said anywhere from the current story of 15 to earlier versions of ‘late teens’.
            3. She has no idea where it took place.

So what you have is an opinion he ‘lied’ because the media told you what to think, you know, the same media repeating stories that have no evidence they took place. Do tell, what is there for the FBI to look into?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
              A few high profile stories in the news has no significance as to its commonality. I'll refer you to post #961 for statistics.
              Too bad we are using an evidence based judicial system and not a stat based one, huh? Problem is with your claim is it’s inconsistsnt because not everyone uses the same terms. False reports or unbacked report stats vary depending on what is asked and measured. I’ve heard claims as high as 60% are flat lies or can’t be verified. Do tell, should someone be arrested on unverified claims?

Are those the magic words that make truth and reason disappear?
              So you have no evidence you’re not a rapist, so you must be one till you prove you’re not.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Only if the claim is true. And btw MM, everybody else did not say it never happened, the accused said it never happened, others who weren't directly involved said they weren't aware of it. Well, that only makes sense when you realize that she was only at the house a short time, had 1 beer, and had to sneak out the front door in order to avoid her attackers. But try not to lie when making your case, MM, because, as with Kavanaugh it only serves to erase any credibility that those who don't know you might afford you.
                If I had a dollar for everyone that said they ‘only had one beer’ I’d be able to retire right now. If you believe that, I have some nice beach front property for you on the moon I’ll sell you for cheap.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                  ...your statements about ford and democrats/liberals are said in the very same way someone with hatred for both would say them.
                  Edited by a Moderator You're seeing what you want to see.

As for Ford's witnesses, I have yet to see a good explanation for why none of them would remember the remarkable incident of her running down the stairs, past them in the living room, and out the front door, never to return. They all say it never happened. They don't remember attending the party as described by Ford. Ford can't even say who's house it was!

Based on reason and logic, there are only two conclusions consistent with the evidence.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Please keep it civil.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                  Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 09-30-2018, 12:15 PM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• So when the FBI come back Wednesday or Thursday with basically the same info that we have now are the liberals here going to satisfied?
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                      And to arrive at that conclusion you must ignore the simple fact that she sought help for the event 5 years previous, identifying Kavanaugh as the subject to her husband. 5 YEARS.
                      Ford's husband claims after the fact that she told their therapist. The therapist's notes have no record of this in addition to the curious discrepancy that Ford claimed four attackers and not just two.

What should we conclude based on the evidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        ... to sneak out the front door in order to avoid her attackers.
                        She didn't say "sneak out", Jimmy, she says she RAN down the stairs and through the living room where they were all gathered. In one telling of her story, it's implied that the orther two attendees met Kavanaugh and Judge at the bottom of the stairs. Either way, it's impossible that she could have run out the front door without being seen.

But I do find it curious that you're changing the details of Ford's claims in an attempt to make sense of her sketchy accusations.

Comment

Edited by a ModeratorYou're seeing what you want to see.

As for Ford's witnesses, I have yet to see a good explanation for why none of them would remember the remarkable incident of her running down the stairs, past them in the living room, and out the front door, never to return. They all say it never happened. They don't remember attending the party as described by Ford. Ford can't even say who's house it was!

Based on reason and logic, there are only two conclusions consistent with the evidence.
                          To call someone a liar on this board requires a justification. The statement you are saying is a lie is my opinion that the way you've worded the statements I quoted is how person with partisan hatred would word them. Expressing an opinion is not telling a lie. My point, in case you missed it, is not to persist in claiming hatred, but to point out there is little if any difference between how you said those things and how someone that did hate all things democrat would word them.

I suggest you back off that sort of extreme, dare I say hateful, accusation before you cross a forum behavioral boudary.

Jim
                          Last edited by QuantaFille; 09-30-2018, 12:17 PM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Ford's husband claims after the fact that she told their therapist. The therapist's notes have no record of this in addition to the curious discrepancy that Ford claimed four attackers and not just two.

What should we conclude based on the evidence?
                            Ford's husband say she identified Kavanaugh at the time. The notes reflect human error, they describe the assault, but there is nothing incredulous about the therapist taking notes during the session and later during the process of transcribing those notes into the record confusing the fact there were 4 boys in the house with the number participating in the assault.

That discrepancy has little to no impact on the implications of the fact she sought help from a counselor over the event 5 years before the present revelation of it. The implication being that such an event occurred. She isn't making it up. If the husband volunteered confirmation that she identified Kavanaugh at the time when she couldn't remember if she did depends on his credulity, not hers. But the fact she admits she is unsure if she mentioned the name at the time goes directly to support her own credulity.

Jim
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-30-2018, 10:03 AM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              So when the FBI come back Wednesday or Thursday with basically the same info that we have now are the liberals here going to satisfied?
                              No, of course not, this is a compromise, the best the Dems could expect to get out of the majority run kangaroo court. There should have been, and still should be a full FBI investigation. Not that it matters from the Dems perspective, Kavanaugh has shown himself to be not fit for the position already, but then again most republicans in congress aren't fit to serve either so what do you expect. Hopefully democrats and independents will wake up and vote these hucksters out of the majority in the midterms before they destroy democracy altogether.

Comment

No, of course not, this is a compromise, the best the Dems could expect to get out of the majority run kangaroo court. There should have been, and still should be a full FBI investigation. Not that it matters from the Dems perspective, Kavanaugh has shown himself to be not fit for the position already, but then again most republicans in congress aren't fit to serve either so what do you expect. Hopefully democrats and independents will wake up and vote these hucksters out of the majority in the midterms before they destroy democracy altogether.
                                How is he ‘unfit’? Be specific Jimmy.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment