Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    It's called having some knowledge of US politics and recent political history, you should try it some time.

And most of what you think you know isn't very accurate. You remind me of someone who read a magazine article on a subject and then thinks they're an expert on it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So.. the horrible deed is that 17 year old K and a buddy pranked a girl by locking her in a room and making her feel "uncomfortable", but then she was allowed to leave?

Is that IT????
      Source?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        They were only allegations of inappropriate sexual activity made by a woman against Kavanaugh, why would Trump of all people, worry about that?
        Exactly, merely allegations with no corroborating evidence and that fall apart under scrutiny. Of course that con worked to keep Roy Moore from being elected, so it's no surprise to see Democrats try it again. And again. And again.

The real irony is that the "me too" movement has taken down more liberals than conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          The real irony is that the "me too" movement has taken down more liberals than conservatives.
          Yes way more liberals.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"A source who said they were briefed on the contents of the letter said it described an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman that took place when both were 17 years old and at a party. According to the source, Kavanaugh and a male friend had locked her in a room against her will, making her feel threatened, but she was able to get out of the room."
            https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...dential-letter

Comment

"A source who said they were briefed on the contents of the letter said it described an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman that took place when both were 17 years old and at a party. According to the source, Kavanaugh and a male friend had locked her in a room against her will, making her feel threatened, but she was able to get out of the room."
              https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...dential-letter
              Well if that is true that puts him in the same category as Weinstein! Off with his head!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Change up a few names and it sounds like how the team Kavanaugh was part of got Monika Lewinsky's friend to secretly record her talking about her affair with Clinton and then proceeded to force Lewinsky into the public eye.
                More evidence that every time your mouth opens, a laugh track should be playing. High school hormone raged teenagers vs a middle aged man that had bragged about sleeping with a thousand women while married, yep exactly the same thing!
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So.. the horrible deed is that 17 year old K and a buddy pranked a girl by locking her in a room and making her feel "uncomfortable", but then she was allowed to leave?

Is that IT????
                  If you need to go back to high school to find dirt on anyone and use such a harmless prank as dirt at that, you know you have nothing.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    If you need to go back to high school to find dirt on anyone and use such a harmless prank as dirt at that, you know you have nothing.
                    I actually respected Dianne Feinstein as a principled, though political wrong ) individual. I'm really pretty surprised she'd stoop to this kind of jackassery.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

At this point I buy that pretty much all Republican politicans and operatives are criminals and rapists and serial adulterers because they've proved it over and over and over and over and over again. So this does not surprise me in the least. Par for the course. Specifically, par for the Donald Trump course.
                      Ironic considering that the democrats voted for 3 serial adulterers that treated women as objects to use for their pleasure. Another day, another hypocritical statement... that’s the Starlight way.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

At this point I guess we should all just take it as read that all Republican politicians and political operatives have either had affairs or raped somebody or are pedophiles. They really do seem to be the party of crime and sexual misconduct.

The mistake the Dems make is thinking that Republican law-makers will care that Kavanaugh might be guilty of the sort of sex-crimes and misconduct they themselves are guilty of. They didn't care when it came to Clarence Thomas and they won't care for Kavanaugh.
                        That's just crazy. Look - Politicians - in general - have very poor track records in terms of personal morality when it comes to women (if they are men). And it doesn't matter what country you are talking about. Kennedy, Clinton, Trump, who knows how many congressman and senators, French Presidents, British Royalty, Russian Oligarchs etc etc etc. When a man has power, he has access to women, many of them willing.

I'm not saying it's ok or moral, I'm saying its significant percentage of all men in power, not just some specific party.

As for what may or may not have happened with Kavanaugh - in the current climate where sexual 'abuse' can translate into a man looking a little too long at a women's breasts all sorts of opportunities exist for revenge over things that at the time they occurred would have been seen as normal, or that are simply harmless pranks.

Let's hope that if all this boils down to an annoying but essentially harmless prank at a party with some high schoolers that somebody will have enough sense to put the 'revelation' in the file it belongs in.

And I am no fan of Donald Trump. But unless Kavanaugh actually raped some girl, or is a pedophile, or committed some other real crime, this needs to end up in the dumpster.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-14-2018, 08:03 AM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I actually respected Dianne Feinstein as a principled, though political wrong ) individual. I'm really pretty surprised she'd stoop to this kind of jackassery.
                          Sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            That's just crazy. Look - Politicians - in general - have very poor track records in terms of personal morality when it comes to women (if they are men). And it doesn't matter what country you are talking about. Kennedy, Clinton, Trump, who knows how many congressman and senators, French Presidents, British Royalty, Russian Oligarchs etc etc etc. When a man has power, he has access to women, many of them willing.

I'm not saying it's ok or moral, I'm saying its significant percentage of all men in power, not just some specific party.

As for what may or may not have happened with Kavanaugh - in the current climate where sexual 'abuse' can translate into a man looking a little too long at a women's breasts all sorts of opportunities exist for revenge over things that at the time they occurred would have been seen as normal, or that are simply harmless pranks.

Let's hope that if all this boils down to an annoying but essentially harmless prank at a party with some high schoolers that somebody will have enough sense to put the 'revelation' in the file it belongs in.

And I am no fan of Donald Trump. But unless Kavanaugh actually raped some girl, or is a pedophile, or committed some other real crime, this needs to end up in the dumpster.

Jim
                            So you can be reasonable. There's hope for you yet.

Comment

Sarcasm?
                              While she's been an extremist leftist, there have been times she's actually....

um....

She KINDA said something nice about Trump, once....
                              “Look, this man is going to be president, most likely for the rest of this term,” she said during an hour-long, question-and-answer “conversation” with former East Bay Rep. Ellen Tauscher at the city’s sold-out Herbst Theatre Tuesday night. “I just hope he has the ability to learn and to change. And if he does, he can be a good president. And that’s my hope.”
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                When I was in high school government class, we ran for president within our class. We got into groups and set up five campaigns. Traditionally, for that project, people would just put up posters around the school touting themselves. But my friend went one step further for his campaign. This was in 2005, when Photoshop was around but not as common. They went and took pictures of all their opponents at prom, and went to work with their own smear posters.

I was photoshopped into a KKK Grand Wizard costume. One of my friends got photoshopped into a picture of a man being arrested for DUI. Another classmate got photoshopped into an image of somebody photoshopping images. And the running mate of the guy actually behind all these got cropped into taking a bullet for the Pope.

I've got to give him some credit for being that silly/creative.

Comment