Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You think a man touching someone other than his wife in that manner is a "joke" and "in good fun"?

The more you try to defend Biden, the more you damn yourself.

What is it with you and these straw men?

It's not "every touch, every expression of affection" that I have a problem with. But there are certain parts of a person's body where touching them conveys a heightened sense of intimacy. The front upper part of a woman's torso is certainly one of those areas, and regardless of how desperate you are to defend Biden, I really doubt you would be okay with another man touching your wife like that.
    Right, it's just those "touches" that involve your political foes that you have a problem with. When it's Trump or some other conservative republican, you either defend it as consensual or keep your mouth shut.

Comment

Right... a "joke". It would have been even better if ol' Joe went all the way and grabbed her breasts, right? Imagine the expression she would have made then! I'm laughing just thinking about it.

I can tell you that if any other man had attempted that "joke" on my wife, he would have been lucky to walk away without a swollen lip and a black eye. And not from me! Some of the stories my wife told me about how she would fend off "affectionate" guys on dates are hilarious. She was VERY good with her elbows, even if the guy approached her behind!

And if you're wondering, my wife and I were anything but prudish in our married life.
      I wan't wandering MM. I don't even need or want to know.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        I wan't wandering MM. I don't even need or want to know.
        You claimed I had "been raised in such a repressive atmosphere that every touch, every expression of affection MUST be sexual in nature, and so you feel threatened by them." I thought I would dispel that incorrect notion.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Right, it's just those "touches" that involve your political foes that you have a problem with. When it's Trump or some other conservative republican, you either defend it as consensual or keep your mouth shut.
          And when did Trump ever do the things we have photographic evidence of Biden doing? I find it ironic that you want to crucify Trump merely for what he said while giving Biden a pass for what he's actually done.

Comment

And when did Trump ever do the things we have photographic evidence of Biden doing? I find it ironic that you want to crucify Trump merely for what he said while giving Biden a pass for what he's actually done.
            That doesn't help. But the word 'repressive' might not be capturing the entirety of what you are displaying.

Your reaction to the fellow trying to give your wife a hug says a lot. Clearly you perceived that as a threat when - assuming you had a good relationship with the man - it most likely was nothing more than an extension of his sense of having a positive connection to you. I would not have seen it as a threat or as inappropriate unless the man was a known pervert or was normally hostile to me.

We are very different in that regard.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-05-2020, 05:28 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Your reaction to the fellow trying to give your wife a hug says a lot.
              It wasn't my reaction, it was my wife's. She had her reasons for being standoffish with people she didn't know. I simply gave her my support as any husband should.

Comment

It wasn't my reaction, it was my wife's. She had her reasons for being standoffish with people she didn't know. I simply gave her my support as any husband should.
                Well we can agree that if my wife would be offended by such a hug that I would also support her - though I would not be angry at the fellow that spontaneously was giving the hug. I have too many close friends that would do just that, though in this day and age they would also likely make sure it was ok with her first.

But my wife is not one to be offended by such a gesture assuming it was clearly 'just a hug' - so it's a non-issue.

Comment

Oh, so you don't personally see a problem with Bidens behavior in and of itself? You're just being your usual political hack self.

Comment

So in your world, if a man gropes a woman and forcibly kisses her, and she says that his actions were unwelcome and caused her feelings of distress, all he has to say is, "That wasn't my intent, your honor," and he's off the hook?
                    In your world does that man get a chance to explain why he did it?

Comment

"Now be honest for a moment, if you saw a man doing that to your wife, would you just stand there and let him carry on? And if your wife later told how uncomfortable it made her feel, would you dismiss her concerns and tell her that the guy was just being affectionate [and that it's her fault for not saying something]?"

Now let's look at the definition of sexual assault again:

Sexual assault refers to an assault of a sexual nature on another person. It can include a wide range of unwanted sexual contact such as rape, forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration, forced sexual intercourse, inappropriate touching, forced kissing, child molestation ,exhibitionism, voyeurism, obscene phone calls torture of a victim in a sexual manner etc. The actor causes submission of the victim by means that is reasonably calculated to cause submission against the victim's will. Definitions of offences are primarily governed by state criminal laws, which vary by state. It is generally a felony.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sexual-assault/

Now let's compare that to what the New York Times discovered:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44425[/ATTACH]

Hmmmm!

Now to most normal people, this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44426[/ATTACH]

...is NOT okay, and I have a very hard time believing that you wouldn't have words with any man who touched your wife like that.

No, Jim, it is NOT and SHOULD NOT be the victim's responsibility to tell a sexual predator to back off. A man should never put a woman in that situation in the first place!
                      Look at your definition of sexual assault. It’s an assault that’s sexual in nature. How do you determine whether an act is sexual in nature? Common law is an act done for the purpose of sexual gratification. US case law might have slightly different wording but the meaning will be the same which means it’s not a strict liability clause and the defendants intentions are a requirement to find someone guilty.

Comment

Well we can agree that if my wife would be offended by such a hug that I would also support her - though I would not be angry at the fellow that spontaneously was giving the hug.
                        I wasn't angry with him. I simply smiled and suggested he not try it again because I knew my wife, and I knew what she would do to him if he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                          Look at your definition of sexual assault. It’s an assault that’s sexual in nature. How do you determine whether an act is sexual in nature? Common law is an act done for the purpose of sexual gratification. US case law might have slightly different wording but the meaning will be the same which means it’s not a strict liability clause and the defendants intentions are a requirement to find someone guilty.
                          "Your honor, the defendant deliberately squeezed my client's breasts and kissed her head while giving her a hug."
                          "Oh, now, judge, I was just bein' friendly. It weren't nothin' sexual intended."
                          "In that case, I find the defendant not guilty."

Comment

"Your honor, the defendant deliberately squeezed my client's breasts and kissed her head while giving her a hug."
                            "Oh, now, judge, I was just bein' friendly. It weren't nothin' sexual intended."
                            "In that case, I find the defendant not guilty."

Poor Joe is a victim of the left's own insanity and hypocrisy with regards to 'sexual harassment', where a 6 year old boy can get suspended from school for kissing a girl's hand, but Joe gets the "awww, that's just Joe bein' friendly" pass.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Poor Joe is a victim of the left's own insanity and hypocrisy with regards to 'sexual harassment', where a 6 year old boy can get suspended from school for kissing a girl's hand, but Joe gets the "awww, that's just Joe bein' friendly" pass.
                              There's also little doubt that liberals would responding quite differently if we were talking about "Joe Biden (R)".

Comment

There's also little doubt that liberals would responding quite differently if we were talking about "Joe Biden (R)".
                                Hence, the hypocrisy.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment