Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    If that is the definition, then one best never, ever touch a women in any way without permission in writing.
    The "in writing" part of that statement wanders into straw man territory, but it's otherwise essentially correct. "Keep your hands to yourself" is not just an instruction for the grade school classroom. If you place your hands on a woman's hips without her permission, sniff her hair, and kiss the back of head, then that is sexual assault. And, no, it is not the responsibility of the woman to warn a man away if he is groping and kissing her. Even if she doesn't say anything at the moment, it's still sexual assault.

If you don't believe me then I want you to start making habit of touching and kissing your female coworkers the way you've seen Biden do in numerous pictures. I would be surprised if you made it a day without being fired and sued.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    There are also accidental touches...
    Yes, which is why I said, "If a man deliberately touches a woman without her permission in a way that makes her feel uncomfortable, then that is sexual assault by definition."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      You only care that "both sides" are treated "the same."

How did I misstate your position?
      Where did I say or imply that it's the ONLY thing I care about, dumbass?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        If a man deliberately touches a woman without her permission in a way that makes her feel uncomfortable, then that is sexual assault by definition. The law presumes intent. It doesn't have to be proven.
        Is a male police officer arresting any female is sexual assault? Of course not.

Criminal law will always consider the intention. If the situation calls for a particular intention to be presumed, all that means is that the burden of proof is shifted to the defendant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
          But there are specific protocols for such situations, including, where possible, having a female officer do the "pat down" before placing the female in the car. BodyCams make this less awkward, as the officer would be able to counter any complaint of improper conduct.

Not such a good analogy.

Criminal law will always consider the intention. If the situation calls for a particular intention to be presumed, all that means is that the burden of proof is shifted to the defendant.
          In the case of male on female police interaction, there are much more restrictive policies than male on male police interactions.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Where did I say or imply that it's the ONLY thing I care about, dumbass?

Frankly, I don't care which way they go with it, I would just love to see some consistency.

If you don't care whether the cases are treated like Kavanaugh's (rape) allegation or Biden's (swept under the rug) then you're saying you're fine either with legitimate cases getting ignored (as you'd say Biden's is) or with false cases being magnified (as you'd say happened with drinky K) as long as both sides are treated the same.

Not sure why you can't say "Well, I didn't literally mean that, I just am frustrated at what I see as a double standard." But I guess you're too prideful for that :).

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post

Frankly, I don't care which way they go with it, I would just love to see some consistency.

If you don't care whether the cases are treated like Kavanaugh's (rape) allegation or Biden's (swept under the rug) then you're saying you're fine either with legitimate cases getting ignored (as you'd say Biden's is) or with false cases being magnified (as you'd say happened with drinky K) as long as both sides are treated the same.

Not sure why you can't say "Well, I didn't literally mean that, I just am frustrated at what I see as a double standard." But I guess you're too prideful for that :).
              In other words, I never said it was the ONLY thing I cared about. But I guess you're too prideful to admit that.

Comment

If the male police officer takes advantage of the situation to, say, fondle the woman's breasts and kiss her then it absolutely is sexual assault regardless of what he claims his "intent" might have been.

Similarly, if a man creates an uncomfortable situation by slinking up behind a female colleague, caressing her shoulders, and kissing her head then that is sexual assault regardless of what he claims his "intent" might have been.

The law does not allow the man to claim, "That wasn't my intent!" for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weepy Willow View Post
                  In other words, I never said it was the ONLY thing I cared about. But I guess you're too prideful to admit that.
                  Ok, what are some of the other things you care about?

Comment

The "in writing" part of that statement wanders into straw man territory, but it's otherwise essentially correct. "Keep your hands to yourself" is not just an instruction for the grade school classroom. If you place your hands on a woman's hips without her permission, sniff her hair, and kiss the back of head, then that is sexual assault. And, no, it is not the responsibility of the woman to warn a man away if he is groping and kissing her. Even if she doesn't say anything at the moment, it's still sexual assault.

If you don't believe me then I want you to start making habit of touching and kissing your female coworkers the way you've seen Biden do in numerous pictures. I would be surprised if you made it a day without being fired and sued.

Yes, which is why I said, "If a man deliberately touches a woman without her permission in a way that makes her feel uncomfortable, then that is sexual assault by definition."
                    In this day and time I'm quite happy to limit any myself to Male friends only except for close family. and I only touch in any form women that are relatives or women that initiate an action like a hug.

That however does not mean that what Joe Biden did in terms of showing affection towards people is 'sexual assault'. It is absolute idiocy, and is completely inconsistent on your part in terms of how you fully excuse Donald Trump from explicit actions and multiple accusers.

However, one thing that is certain is that morality or ethical consistency do not in any way drive anything you say or advocate for WRT politics or Donald Trump.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      That however does not mean that what Joe Biden did in terms of showing affection towards people is 'sexual assault'.
                      Women are on record saying that Biden's pawing and nuzzling and kissing were unwanted and made them feel uncomfortable. That is sexual assault by definition!

Now be honest for a moment, if you saw a man doing that to your wife, would you just stand there and let him carry on? And if your wife later told how uncomfortable it made her feel, would you dismiss her concerns and tell her that the guy was just being affectionate?

Comment

If the male police officer takes advantage of the situation to, say, fondle the woman's breasts and kiss her then it absolutely is sexual assault regardless of what he claims his "intent" might have been.

Similarly, if a man creates an uncomfortable situation by slinking up behind a female colleague, caressing her shoulders, and kissing her head then that is sexual assault regardless of what he claims his "intent" might have been.

The law does not allow the man to claim, "That wasn't my intent!" for obvious reasons.
                        No. It’s wrong, it’s all wrong. I suggest you re read the law on sexual assault.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          Ok, what are some of the other things you care about?
                          Little baby ducks, old pickup trucks, slow moving trains and rain.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No. It’s wrong, it’s all wrong. I suggest you re read the law on sexual assault.
                            So in your world, if a man gropes a woman and forcibly kisses her, and she says that his actions were unwelcome and caused her feelings of distress, all he has to say is, "That wasn't my intent, your honor," and he's off the hook?

Comment

Women are on record saying that Biden's pawing and nuzzling and kissing were unwanted and made them feel uncomfortable. That is sexual assault by definition!

Now be honest for a moment, if you saw a man doing that to your wife, would you just stand there and let him carry on? And if your wife later told how uncomfortable it made her feel, would you dismiss her concerns and tell her that the guy was just being affectionate?
                              No, it isnt sexual assault. And you are clearly not concerned about it for any other reason than that it is a convenient means to allow you to express your hatred for any and all thing Democrat. All of this is libel whipped up by pro trump media sources and regurgitated by folks like yourself so full of hatred for democrats you'd rather excuse 100,000 people dead and the nation in a depression than replace that incompetence with a democrat in office.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-05-2020, 08:41 AM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So in your world, if a man gropes a woman and forcibly kisses her, and she says that his actions were unwelcome and caused her feelings of distress, all he has to say is, "That wasn't my intent, your honor," and he's off the hook?

Are you talking about what his accuser has said happened or the other acts you are trying to raise to the level of harassment? If the latter, your choice of words is inaccurate.

A kiss on the back of the head simply is not 'forcibly kissing', and hands on the shoulders is not 'groping'. The actions of Joe Biden you focus on do not rise to the level of harassment. They might be annoying, they might even make a person uncomfortable. But they are not groping, they are not even likely sexual in nature. And the proper response in a case like that is simply to let the person know you are not comfortable with it and let that be the end of it. Especially in our culture as it was a decade or more ago.

Today with all the talk about it and me too. It is far less excusable as a person that is overly affectionate and ignorant of the possible fact they are making another person uncomfortable. And I'm sure Biden has been made aware he cant express hiis natural kindness in that way anymore.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-05-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment