Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Locker room talk! How do you know that?
    Because there is no credible evidence that Trump ever did any of the things he boasted about.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      You mean we should have believed a claim of a sexual assault, where the victim:

- couldn’t remember when it happened.
      - couldn’t remember where it happened.
      - didn’t remember how many men were in the room.
      - witness, to the event, don’t remember it ever happened.
      - didn’t even remember anything happening, till over 20 year later.
      - never filed any police report.
      - had a ‘repressed memory’ brought back by a technique of questionable reliability.
      - lied a lot.

But we don’t believe:

- a consistent story.
      - with multiple witness.
      - confirmed details.
      - a written police report.

It’s always fun to watch liberals make up rules, on the fly.
      With Tara's story there is no consistent story nor witnesses.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Because there is no credible evidence that Trump ever did any of the things he boasted about.
        Oh, you are just too funny, MM.
        Last edited by JimL; 05-03-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Your opinion changed because you hate Trump and if it hurts Trump, it’s wrong. I don’t believe that Biden is a rapist Jim, but this is the bed Democrats made. Now they must sleep in it.
          So pix, you dont get to, or have the right to, determine why I changed my mind on Kavanaugh. I know what my opinions were and how and why they changed - you simply do not. I posted in this very thread I think my concerns about the accusation being bogus, and that shifted as more was learned about the accusation. It was the evidence that shifted my opinion, and my opinion never was that we knew for sure or that the evidence was overwhelming.

The reality is I am applying a consistent and objective metric to all three of these cases.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-03-2020, 04:47 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Oh, you are just too funny, MM.
            If you are aware of such evidence then I'm sure Trump's accusers would love to see it. Why don't you try contacting them.

Comment

For you, there would need to be hd video and crystal clear audio, and even then you'd find some way to excuse it.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                For you, there would need to be hd video and crystal clear audio, and even then you'd find some way to excuse it.
                It's so much easier to burn a straw man than provide a substantive rebuttal, isn't it?

Comment

• So much for the idea the MSM is covering for biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/03/polit...den/index.html

Comment

So pix, you dont get to, or have the right to, determine why I changed my mind on Kavanaugh. I know what my opinions were and how and why they changed - you simply do not. I posted in this very thread I think my concerns about the accusation being bogus, and that shifted as more was learned about the accusation. It was the evidence that shifted my opinion, and my opinion never was that we knew for sure or that the evidence was overwhelming.

The reality is I am applying a consistent and objective metric to all three of these cases.
                    You assume the worst all the time. Don’t like the taste of your own medicine?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You assume the worst all the time. Don’t like the taste of your own medicine?
                      You just cant admit you are wrong. Can you?

Comment

It's so much easier to burn a straw man than provide a substantive rebuttal, isn't it?
                        Mm, we've been over the evidence against Trump wrt his extramarital 'relationships' and abuse, multiple times. My response simply sums up (metaphorically) your position wrt the required level of proof as you have presented it in our previous conversations.

Comment

So much for the idea the MSM is covering for biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/03/polit...den/index.html
                          But how long has this story been "in the wild"? It turns out the Associated Press spiked this story last year. The only reason the mainstream media is bothering to give it any coverage now is because it's not going away and has become too big to ignore.

Comment

Mm, we've been over the evidence against Trump wrt his extramarital 'relationships' and abuse, multiple times.
                            Consensual extramarital relationships are not evidence that any of the sketchy accusations of sexual assault against Trump are true.

If that's the best you have, then you have nothing.

Comment

But how long has this story been "in the wild"? It turns out the Associated Press spiked this story last year. The only reason the mainstream media is bothering to give it any coverage now is because it's not going away and has become too big to ignore.
                              Sorry mm, the MSM is carrying and covering the story, as was pointed out earlier. So, when it comes to democrats, you want every negative whisper reported instantly by the MSM. But with clear lies and basic moral violations by the president with plain as day recordings showing what happened and when, you want the MSM to be silent?

Comment

So, when it comes to democrats, you want every negative whisper reported instantly by the MSM.
                                Which is to say that I want to see them give it the same coverage they would have if it was a Republican who was accused. Suppose Reade had lodged her complaint against Ted Cruz, or Devin Nunes, or President Trump. This would have been an above-the-fold, top-of-the-newscast story for weeks.

Or perhaps I would prefer if the media would treat every story like this with the same sober restraint they're showing here regardless of who is accused.

Frankly, I don't care which way they go with it, I would just love to see some consistency.

Comment